Safety Insurance PLC - any experiences with this company?

wilcopops

THey generate a massive feeling of no confidence in me - Not the broker the company - either incompetence, obfuscation or refusing to sell me cover they once offered and I'd paid for - but I now can't get a response from them. Over 6 years I made 2 claims - 2 windscreens and now they are refusing to cover my car.

Edited by wilcopops

THey generate a massive feeling of no confidence in me - Not the broker the company - either incompetence, obfuscation or refusing to sell me cover they once offered and I'd paid for - but I now can't get a response from them. Over 6 years I made 2 claims - 2 windscreens and now they are refusing to cover my car.

Maybe your car is now too old for the cover you once had.

• Like 1

Maybe your car is now too old for the cover you once had.

THis is my second car with them - it is just over 3 years old.

I think they are simply being spiteful because we had a row over their cover and the delay in changing the cover - their underwriters tried to make up a valuation on the phone after doing nothing for 6 weeks. They also promised a refund and then refused to pay up.

THey have decided, because i complained - justifiably - twice about the way they were issuing cover - it made me doubt they were actually issuing cover at all.

So now I'm guessing that rather than sort out any problems they are running away from my custom and refusing to re-insure.

I find this kind of worrying that if a customer disagrees with this company they will simply not insure them, it makes you wonder what obligation if any they have to follow up on any claim at all.........they are not as I understand it legally obliged to do offer subsequent cover - although the vehicle has been insured with them up until now - and certainly don't want to make public their resons for not doing so.

Edited by wilcopops

Looks like I'm not the first to have problems with this crew.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/151371-safety-insurance-be-cautious/

I'll give a full account in the motoring forum later. but It seems if you comp[lain they will cut your insurance and it looks like they will take money of customers without actually giving you cover.

Looks like I'm not the first to have problems with this crew.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/151371-safety-insurance-be-cautious/

I'll give a full account in the motoring forum later. but It seems if you comp[lain they will cut your insurance and it looks like they will take money of customers without actually giving you cover.

That thread has 1 person with a question, no idea how it ended, and 2 positive reports, all from 2007.

I would say that is very positive for an insurance company, since you'll only hear the negatives.

• Like 1