Need motorbike moved Chiang Rai to BKK; ride or mover?

I need to move my motorbike from Chiang Rai to Bangkok. I know it would be a long ride, and I wouldnt mind doing it, but it would just be easier for me to get a mover to get it there. Does anyone have any ideas how I could get my bike from CR to BKK? I could always rent a Vigo and drive it there myself, but then I would have to return the Vigo to CR after Im done.

Im not sure what the most economical way would be to move it there, aside from a 14 hour ride..

i just loaded my cbr250 to a train 4 days ago with its owner and they asked us no documents!

there were 15 minutes for the train to depart and they rushed us on this and miraculously for Thailand they made it on time.

cost 1100 thb up to Den Chai - Phrae.

i just loaded my cbr250 to a train 4 days ago with its owner and they asked us no documents!

there were 15 minutes for the train to depart and they rushed us on this and miraculously for Thailand they made it on time.

With trains owner must accompany the bike or it is much more complicated.

you can put it on the bus. I sent a motorbike from Surin to Pattaya on the bus. I think it cost 800B cant recall exactly but it was cheap.

Thanks for the info. Can you give me an idea of which bus? Or any at the bus station?

Just ask at the bus station, cheap and easy.

They just lie it on it's side in the luggage compartment.

With trains owner must accompany the bike or it is much more complicated.

it is not as must but betteraccompany your bike if you will carry by train or at least, you have to be in Bangkok waiting at Hua Lamphong TS before the train arrives.

also not all trains carry cargo or bikes and mostly low propriety ones means the journey is long but good thing, all those rapid trains have pantry wagon so it is always nice to drink beer and chat with people over it.smile.png

Edited by ll2

you can put it on the bus. I sent a motorbike from Surin to Pattaya on the bus. I think it cost 800B cant recall exactly but it was cheap.

Thanks for the info. Can you give me an idea of which bus? Or any at the bus station?

I sent it from Surin to Pattaya so for Chang Rai I don't know which bus company can do this from there. I would just go to the bus station and speak to

more than one bus company.

For the green book I kept that and sent it to Pattaya by post. This was for a bike I sold to a friend.

I was worried about giving the green book to the bus company. Also I might have paid 1000B I cant recall exactly how much it was

but I know it was cheap. i think it took something like 12hrs to get there. Good Luck and let us know what you ended up doing, with cost etc

I'm curious if the cost if going to be about the same or more as the distance is more.