Reshipping from US to LOS best courier options

gerryBScot

I've recently signed up with a reshipper in the US and would like any views on what are the best courier options for my consolidated package. The company is offering a lot of different options with wide variation in price: it starts with "Airmail Priority" at $7.62 and goes to USPS Priority Flat Rate pack at $81.00. I am shipping a package of books and tracking etc is not important. I just want to receive the goods, exactly when is not really important. I have never done this before and am unaware of pitfalls etc. Anyone got some advice? Your comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

I heard shipitto does a good job. I think they use DHL. Suggest to Google for info.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks Stefan I am using that company but seeking advice on best options that they offer through the various company. Note the recommendation for Fedex, thanks Neagrenu...... expensive however. WHat about the cheapos? AirPriority, a fraction of Fedex's cost? What can I expect?! Anyone know? Thanks.

Use USPS, not Fedex or DHL. Every time Ive used Fedex or DHL I've been hit with customs duty, never with USPS Use Airmail Prioity, it will only take a few days..Most likely will be hit with 7% VAT on estimated value, but no customs duty.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

Use USPS, not Fedex or DHL. Every time Ive used Fedex or DHL I've been hit with customs duty, never with USPS Use Airmail Prioity, it will only take a few days..Most likely will be hit with 7% VAT on estimated value, but no customs duty.

Agree 100%.....USPS priority has never been red flagged by customs for me.

There was a mention of SHIPITO.COM............Not recomended by me, as they totally screwed up an order last month where I specified ptiority USPS and they sent it Express, costing me double in shipping and red flagging it for customs which was a whole morning and a few THB to clear.

• Like 1

Yup, USPS is the best for avoiding duty. We've shipped books via USPS Global Priority mail with no problems. With DHL, FedEx, UPS, there are often customs duties. Those courier services are great for documents, but not goods.

• Like 2

I heard shipitto does a good job. I think they use DHL. Suggest to Google for info.

Thanks Stefan I am using that company but seeking advice on best options that they offer through the various company. Note the recommendation for Fedex, thanks Neagrenu...... expensive however. WHat about the cheapos? AirPriority, a fraction of Fedex's cost? What can I expect?! Anyone know? Thanks.

When using Shipitto you need to go to all your shipping options before you commit to picking one. Their first option will most likely be the most expensive , yet depending upon the weight of your package, there are some very inexpensive options available. I use them to forward medicine from my insurance companies online pharmacy and since I manage my refills correctly I can pick the most inexpensive option and have never had to deal with Thai Customs

I pick Airmail Priority which is the cheapest option if your package is under one pound. But you will have to choose that option after your shipment arrives in their warehouse. (BTW, their Airmail Priority is not USPS Priority Mail, but some type of bulk international shipping that they use)

• Like 1

If you don't need it right away ship it USPS ground shipping. It may take 2 months to get here. I had some shirts I didn't need right away when I moved to Thailand so shipped them ground shipping and two months later they were here. You will save alot over air shipping.

• Like 1

When using Shipitto you need to go to all your shipping options before you commit to picking one. Their first option will most likely be the most expensive , yet depending upon the weight of your package, there are some very inexpensive options available. I use them to forward medicine from my insurance companies online pharmacy and since I manage my refills correctly I can pick the most inexpensive option and have never had to deal with Thai Customs

I pick Airmail Priority which is the cheapest option if your package is under one pound. But you will have to choose that option after your shipment arrives in their warehouse. (BTW, their Airmail Priority is not USPS Priority Mail, but some type of bulk international shipping that they use)

Thanks Langsuan man just the information I was wanting, simply to know about the Airmail Priority offered by this company. I was wondering if it was the same as USPS. My stuff weighs over 1 lb so we will see if it is an option.

Thanks all this has been very helpful.

Thanks Langsuan man just the information I was wanting, simply to know about the Airmail Priority offered by this company. I was wondering if it was the same as USPS. My stuff weighs over 1 lb so we will see if it is an option.

Thanks all this has been very helpful.

Their Airmail Prority comes to your Thai address via the Thai Post. Have not a clue as to how or where it is entered into the Thai postal system. Am not positive about the pound limit, I got that by reviewing my previously shipped package details at my account at shipito