Type of pump to use

thainet

The water pressure in my area has decreased over the past few months. My property is near the end of the main water line and therefore the water only trickles at times. I remember reading about installing an inline suction/vacuum type pump where the mains enter, so that you are actually 'pulling' water from the pipes.into your tanks.

if anybody has done this, or has experience or ideas then I'd be pleased to hear them.

Thanks for any help...t

I do not think that is the answer as many pipes leak, and if you pressure has been dropping that could be the reason, water flowing out of pipe is one thing but if you create a negative pressure in the pipe then it will suck water back in or air, or goodness knows what...

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

The practice is actually illegal, if most people in a neighbourhood 'sucks in' their water, the water mains would not have pressure to homes without pumps and leaks in the system would result in dirt and other contaminants being pulled in to the pipe.

Having the water mains trickle into a reservoir tank that gets pumped to the house is fine

But this is Thailand, once your neighbour starts pumping, if you don't do it too.... no water for you.