Where'd you go for a holiday on Ko Samui in October?

Hi,

A colleague would like to travel to Ko Samui with her parents in October. What's the best place to go to?

A nice hotel with a nice pool,located at a nice beach, not too much night life. But some good places to go out for her and her sister, when the parents went to bed..lol

Any input is deeply appreciated. Hotels, names of beaches etc.. Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers-wai2.gif

Just a warning. October and November is the monsoon season on Samui.

They might escape, or they might not.

koh-samui-rain.gifweather-stats.gif

Thanks, Lite Beer. Will buy you a real beer when we meet. I promise.

]

Cheers-wai.gif

Sirchai, I most heartily recommend, The Rajapruek Resort in Lipa Noi . It's located on the very spoilt West coast about 10 minutes South of the Samui capital, Nathon.

Think 9 kms of soft golden sand in a crescent between 2 headlands, fringed by palm trees (of course).

Rajapruek's Restaurant, "Sea Breezes" serves lovely food with views over the sea to the Ang Thong National Marine Park.

Rajapruek is very much a family run hotel, typical warm, polite, eager to please, management and staff.

They gave up their business with Russian tour operators so you won't see many of those.

Though Lipa Noi is on the Quiet "Sunset Coast" it is easy to get to the "Noisy Coast" resorts of Lamai and Chaweng.

Khun Chu acts as GM and can arrange almost any kind of tour, restaurant, or Spa Visit. Car Hire is easy and the hotel has a selection of motorcycles for rent.

MONSOON

Yes October can be Very wet all over Thailand - but as you know it's not Every Day and somettimes thumps down Noah style and dries up after an hour or so.

If you decide to visit, just say Dr Magali and Thais said hi.

• Like 1

usually the Monsoon starts in the last October week from the Northeast. Good places for that period are also North Lamai and North Chaweng, because reefs keep the high waves at a distance and this parts are also not hectic but nightlife is around the corner.

Fisherman's village, Bophut is good, but also Chaweng, which in October is much quieter than it normally is at the height of the season.

Somewhere near the Amari Palm Reef would be a good location. quiet, and only a 5-10 minute walk into Chaweng and it's nightlife.

• Like 1

Avoid chaweng like the plague. Tourism has killed it IMO. Unless Starbucks, pizza hut, noise and bad smells appeals ;) amongst other things.. Personally I gotta agree that it isn't the best time of year to go, but given the choice I would head to choeng mon beach. One of the best beaches on the island with some pretty decent restaurants. And its not far from chaweng for the odd shopping/nightclub trip. Just my 2 cents.. :)

• Like 2

I have lived on Choeng Mon Beach for 5 years, and if the Northeastern Monsoon arrives, it can be impossible to swim there. However as mentioned before Northern Chaweng is very good for swimming at this time. And no one has to go the center, there are countless restaurants everywhere. Also in the back of Chaweng, most restaurants with authentic Thai food and seafood you can't find at Choeng Mon, and farmer markets etc. Another nice place on Chaweng is the strip with beach restaurants.

All the people who hate Chaweng because of commercialization can't see the good things of Chaweng and there are many.

• Like 1