Bangkok: Redbull heir indictment postponed for 5th time

webfact

sadly this low life scum bag is going to get off scot free..as many predicted..the best that anyone can hope for is that the guy he killed pays him a visit every time he sleeps...

That would imply he has some sort of conscience. Not likely. Besides, casual murder of one of the Lo-So's is perfectly acceptable...as we've seen time and time again. Hell, the family probably deducted Ferrari repair costs from the blood money paid to the victim's family.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he makes it to September 3, he's out free.

No just the speeding part

I hope someone can clear this up but the other day when there was a thread on this subject it was suggested the deceased's family had accepted B3 million compensation and were no longer interested in proceedings.

I don't know about Thailand when they make it up as they go along but a prosecution for the death etc. could still go ahead in the public interest

No doubts about!...3 millions or 30 millions will be nothing for this guy and a LOT for the family of the deceased policeman....and for other people making money with this....Happens in many countries..even in "good countries" like the US....Remember..money buys EVERYTHING...a LOT of money buy even what you do not have.....

As an ex-cop with 30 years service it hurts me to think the deceased's family may ignore justice for him and his memory as part of a compensation deal and that he may be let down by the system, judges, prosecutors and those wearing th same uniform because someone has crossed their palms with silver BUT

this is Thailand where the most important things are face, the social pecking order and making money.

Spot on.

At the risk of upsetting Hellodolly - this is Thai Culture

• Like 1

Tend to agree with most of these responses but still have a tendency to be forever an optimist and with all the publicity and backround on this case...maybe ...just maybe Thai JUSTICE (which is on the Line )...could prevail.

Its only another few days until 2nd Sept....so.lets see ...YEAH

I know..but....

Tend to agree with most of these responses but still have a tendency to be forever an optimist and with all the publicity and backround on this case...maybe ...just maybe Thai JUSTICE (which is on the Line )...could prevail.

I know..but....

Is there any knowledge, let alone interest, in this case outside Thailand? (Perhaps even outside the TV forum at that)

I know..but....

Is there any knowledge, let alone interest, in this case outside Thailand? (Perhaps even outside the TV forum at that)

There is a campaign on Facebook that is encouraging people to boycott Red Bull.

• Like 1

What you guys expect? Jamaica, El Salvador, Panama all score better (rank 83) in the corruption index than Thailand (88). Malaysia is a much better with the rank of 54 and even China is at 80.

http://www.transparency.org/country#THA

What is good in this, that at least many Thais are outraged obviously. Maybe some day in the future, the Hi-So money is not going "talk" them anymore out of troubles. Probably what has surprised the cops is the outrage. They thought they will be handle this the usual tea money way. Unfortunately, they seem to get away also this time but at least "the usual way" is getting harder and harder to do.

Posted Image Stop being foolish.

The family took the compensation because as Thais they knew that only the elite high-so rich have a chance at winning any case in Thailand.

The poor do not, and they know that from the lessons they have learned in their everyday life in Thailand.

You do not get a fair shake if you are poor in Thailand, and the poor are made aware of it from their first breath.

They know that perfectly well, so they take what they can get when it's offered..

Otherwise, hey will get nothing.

Posted Image

When considering this case and the mercedes bus stop killer, the porsche driver who cut the Laos girl in half and carried on driving etc. All those Bangkok elites who are corrupt to the core and never get the punishment their crimes deserve it kinda makes me think its okay for the poor to burn Bangkok Posted Image

Yeah coz we all know only rich people live in Bangkok and only the elite work in the shops and mall that got burnt out.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One more time, maybe someone read the papers: He made a deal with the victims family, paid 3 Mio Baht and story over.

Why are there so many repeating "News" on Thai Visa that makes this spring up again?

Have I missed something or is this repeating part of generally bad journalism?

I mean in Syria we just learn how bad it can get when you are on the "wrong side" biggrin.png

You do understand the difference between criminal and civil cases don't you?

whistling.gif Stop being foolish.

The family took the compensation because as Thais they knew that only the elite high-so rich have a chance at winning any case in Thailand.

The poor do not, and they know that from the lessons they have learned in their everyday life in Thailand.

You do not get a fair shake if you are poor in Thailand, and the poor are made aware of it from their first breath.

They know that perfectly well, so they take what they can get when it's offered..

whistling.gif

When considering this case and the mercedes bus stop killer, the porsche driver who cut the Laos girl in half and carried on driving etc. All those Bangkok elites who are corrupt to the core and never get the punishment their crimes deserve it kinda makes me think its okay for the poor to burn Bangkok 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

Yeah coz we all know only rich people live in Bangkok and only the elite work in the shops and mall that got burnt out.

One is pleased to see bugs die in a fire, even if the house is burned down - Kim Il Sung.

I am no Shinawatra fan, but I do want the rank and file of Thailand to have just a little slice of the cake with no strings attached..

• Like 1

One more time, maybe someone read the papers: He made a deal with the victims family, paid 3 Mio Baht and story over.

Why are there so many repeating "News" on Thai Visa that makes this spring up again?

I mean in Syria we just learn how bad it can get when you are on the "wrong side" biggrin.png

You do understand the difference between criminal and civil cases don't you?

Yes.

Do you understand the difference between

1.We, in Thailand do it this way.

2.We in farang/farong/fareng Country (notice the difference in spelling on ThaiVisa?) do it via a civil court?

The few million to the family should have no bearing on the police bringing charges. It's a criminal charge. But hey tit.

It's all in all disgusting if they find a way to make this all go to sleep.

Posted Image Stop being foolish.

Posted Image

When considering this case and the mercedes bus stop killer, the porsche driver who cut the Laos girl in half and carried on driving etc. All those Bangkok elites who are corrupt to the core and never get the punishment their crimes deserve it kinda makes me think its okay for the poor to burn Bangkok Posted Image

One is pleased to see bugs die in a fire, even if the house is burned down - Kim Il Sung.

I am no Shinawatra fan, but I do want the rank and file of Thailand to have just a little slice of the cake with no strings attached..

So do I.

So according to your quote, of a maniac, it's ok to make Bangkok poor and shopworkers homeless and jobless in the hope others benefit?

The only way the rank and file in Thailand have any hope of a genuine voice is when politicians and the 'elite' of all colours gain a sense of moral duty and it is hard to see that happening anytime soon.

T.I.T. if the son goes to Jail, then the family loses face. Red Bull is a famous Thai product, so the family cannot lose face - so he cannot go to jail.

However, we must suspect that iof he isn't punished by the courts, that some family member, of the murdered police officer, will extract retribution. Ferrari wrapped around tree, for example. If this idiotic boy doesn't go to jail, he will likely have a fatal 'Accident'...

T.I.T. if the son goes to Jail, then the family loses face. Red Bull is a famous Thai product, so the family cannot lose face - so he cannot go to jail.

However, we must suspect that iof he isn't punished by the courts, that some family member, of the murdered police officer, will extract retribution. Ferrari wrapped around tree, for example. If this idiotic boy doesn't go to jail, he will likely have a fatal 'Accident'...

Wouldn't that serve him right? Hope the family of the deceased get their justice on their own terms.

whistling.gif

When considering this case and the mercedes bus stop killer, the porsche driver who cut the Laos girl in half and carried on driving etc. All those Bangkok elites who are corrupt to the core and never get the punishment their crimes deserve it kinda makes me think its okay for the poor to burn Bangkok 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

Twit.

• Like 1

backtonormal:

When considering this case and the mercedes bus stop killer, the porsche driver who cut the Laos girl in half and carried on driving etc. All those Bangkok elites who are corrupt to the core and never get the punishment their crimes deserve it kinda makes me think its okay for the poor to burn Bangkok

Being of sound mind and disposing memory and not acting under duress or undue influence, and fully understanding the nature and extent of all.

Edited by Pimay1

whistling.gif

So do I.

So according to your quote, of a maniac, it's ok to make Bangkok poor and shopworkers homeless and jobless in the hope others benefit?

The only way the rank and file in Thailand have any hope of a genuine voice is when politicians and the 'elite' of all colours gain a sense of moral duty and it is hard to see that happening anytime soon.

Which is why the justifiable anger of the industrial workers and farmers boils over into this kind of rage...

• 2 weeks later...

People just leave the country when they are convicted.

i.e Thaksin

Red Bull brain dead junkie. By the way from the picture not sure if he is a girl or a fellow. Can't always believe what you read in the papers I am told.

Now I see the Bangkok fire tender culptrits who got 12 years have done a runner rather than serve their term.

Funny they not stopped at immigration. Can't imagine why not.

Maybe Yingluck discusssing all this stuff in Montenegro as part of her agenda on visa less travel for Thai Politicians.

yawn yawn.

It least it keeps us amused in this land of smiles and culture.

• Like 1

I mean in Syria we just learn how bad it can get when you are on the "wrong side" Posted Image

I thought the money to the family was some sort of civil compensation.

Paying off the family, surely doesn't affect criminal charges.

I don't think the policeman's family can say "oh it's ok he was breaking n number of laws because he gave us money"

Even in this country there seems to be a recognition that civil and criminal law is different, for what it's worth