Regular transfer of UK Sterling to Thai baht

I use Post Office International Payments to make transfers from a minimum of 250 GBP. There are no commission or transfer fees. The currency rate is about 2 baht less than the 'live' currency at the time you make the transaction. I'm only charged about 150 baht by my Thai bank for accepting the payment. I generally receive the money in 3 days.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Post Office International Payments to make transfers from a minimum of 250 GBP. There are no commission or transfer fees. The currency rate is about 2 baht less than the 'live' currency at the time you make the transaction. I'm only charged about 150 baht by my Thai bank for accepting the payment. I generally receive the money in 3 days.

The reason you have no 'bank charges' is because they screw you on rate. Simple matter of 'dressing up' or presentation. I bet they will not allow you to transfer Sterling for free !

On a transfer of GBP 2,000 you would appear to lose 4,000 Baht ?? Doesn't sound good value on the face of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a metro bank account ,send her the card she can then take out up to 300 pounds a day at tt rate ,no charges ,and if she uses an Aeon machine thene there id no 150 baht charge ,i do it all the time . NO CHARGES .

The decor of a nearby Metro Bank branch reminded me somewhat of a Slot Machine Palace more commonly found in the West End. Quite a few punters around filling in application forms but most looked like they were refugees who had been turned away from everywhere else. I wasn't too impressed and shelved my 'can you come back in 45 minutes' interview for an account.

Get a metro bank account ,send her the card she can then take out up to 300 pounds a day at tt rate ,no charges ,and if she uses an Aeon machine thene there id no 150 baht charge ,i do it all the time . NO CHARGES .

The decor of a nearby Metro Bank branch reminded me somewhat of a Slot Machine Palace more commonly found in the West End. Quite a few punters around filling in application forms but most looked like they were refugees who had been turned away from everywhere else. I wasn't too impressed and shelved my 'can you come back in 45 minutes' interview for an account.

Bullshit ,like many of your posts.

The problem with this is that someone will have unhindered access to the funds contained within.

The problem with this is that someone will have unhindered access to the funds contained within.

yes but thats what the op wants ,his girlfriend to do ,up to him .i use mine myself .

yes but thats what the op wants ,his girlfriend to do ,up to him .i use mine myself .

Where has the OP written that he wants his girlfriend to have unfettered access to his account?!

It's not a sensible action, which is why I suggested a PrePaid card.