My motorbike got stolen from in front bank beside policebox

mamui

So I asked the police box policeman if maybe could look the cctv but he said 20 meters is too far to see face a thief.

I went to the police station and reported it, it was quiet so no rush and police were friendly chat away. Took about 2 hours.

Was hoping they would look cctv or bank cctv as I always park there because it's a front outside bank car park so relatively safe. Police said every week a few Honda waves are reported stolen nearby and probably yaba junkies gangs doing it.

Would have liked them to look cctv but they was unusually reluctant. Was told after not to ask bank as it was not worth it. So I won't.

I actually didn't really want it reported as I know that's a waste of time but just the small job of looking at cctv footage. I parked right in corner so very easy by skip skip skip the footage until it disappeared and then scan back to get exact time and easy then look the other cameras at that time to see if was was a pickup picked it up or if it was young junkie types stole it or what.

Tit.

Which bike is it? Is it a Wave as you hint? Old, new? Is it worth it, if yes offer a 5000 baht reward for getting your bike back.

My PCX is always locked with a heavy duty wire lock when parked down town Pattaya, can't risk it, too many go missing.

• Like 1

In the UK a vehicle is stolen every 30 seconds. The police consider vehicle theft as a very low priority crime and at most times will just call it a total loss and prefer to let the insurance companies deal with it.

Even placing a heavy chain and lock on the bike is not much use unless the chain is pulled around a solid post, otherwise it is easy for 2 men to lift up the bike and throw it onto the back of a pickup truck.

Our guzzi850m2 gives the best advice, otherwise I think you chances of getting the bike back are extremely thin, I`m sorry to say.

In the UK a vehicle is stolen every 30 seconds. -snip-

Wow, I'd really be chaining that vehicle down. I'd also never let it out of my sight. cheesy.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. tongue.png

No wonder he is living in LOS ! I bet with those statistics i does not pay off to have a cardealership in The Great Old Empire !

In the UK a vehicle is stolen every 30 seconds. The police consider vehicle theft as a very low priority crime and at most times will just call it a total loss and prefer to let the insurance companies deal with it.

Even placing a heavy chain and lock on the bike is not much use unless the chain is pulled around a solid post, otherwise it is easy for 2 men to lift up the bike and throw it onto the back of a pickup truck.

Our guzzi850m2 gives the best advice, otherwise I think you chances of getting the bike back are extremely thin, I`m sorry to say.

As opposed to yours which is absolutely of no help. What the UK has to do with it I don't know, but at least the cops there would make an effort irregardless of priorities.

Op, I would keep going back and make a nuisance of myself (and not worry in the slightest of inconveniencing them), while offering a few k is certainly the way forwards to this police 'force' who are always looking to make.

Regards mc insurance, could be wrong but believe the most cover you will get for theft (even on 1st class: fully comp) is 50% on a sliding scale.

so when your bike is found after crashing a roadblock expect a visit from the drug squad as you are still responsible for it.

Absolute <deleted> if it's already reported as stolen.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so when your bike is found after crashing a roadblock expect a visit from the drug squad as you are still responsible for it.

Absolute <deleted> if it's already reported as stolen.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agreed..I missed that bit as I took more note apparently of their unwillingness to view etc. Thought they would not record a report.

Wow, I'd really be chaining that vehicle down. I'd also never let it out of my sight. cheesy.gif

No wonder he is living in LOS ! I bet with those statistics i does not pay off to have a cardealership in The Great Old Empire !

Nah he just got a police man as a son here in Thailand. Tries to make the police look less bad then they are. Think he is on an impossible quest with one of the most corrupt police forces in the world. Kidnapping people extorting people.

The only reason the cops don't want to help is because there is no money in it for themselves. I wonder how often they do something to really uphold the law and how many times its just fining people (they get money from that even if legal). Seems they are just crooks for hire.

Nah he just got a police man as a son here in Thailand. Tries to make the police look less bad then they are. Think he is on an impossible quest with one of the most corrupt police forces in the world. Kidnapping people extorting people.

The only reason the cops don't want to help is because there is no money in it for themselves. I wonder how often they do something to really uphold the law and how many times its just fining people (they get money from that even if legal). Seems they are just crooks for hire.

I was very proud of my son when he gave up the kidnapping and extortion a couple of years ago, but he did upset my wife after he beat up and arrested his grandmother for shop lifting.

• Like 1

Many years ago had a problem with landlord, threats etc. Policechief in Kathu told 1 of his undercover policeman to visit our house. Wife told we needed beer for him upon visit ??? He came, nice young guy of around 33, and privately told my wife upon departure that he could make regular visits to the house so all would know that he was protecting us. A price was not named but...... Anyway i did not wanted to have anything to do with it, so let it go. We moved a couple of days after that to new house. A week later it was "wan dek". He rang my wife and told that at wan dek he wanted to go to the beach with his family but that he was short of cash. He asked her if we would be so kind for the 1off service rendered to buy a box of Leo beer for him. I could not believe when my wife told me. I thought NO SHAME even on wan dek !

I was very proud of my son when he gave up the kidnapping and extortion a couple of years ago, but he did upset my wife after he beat up and arrested his grandmother for shop lifting.

Gave it up?

I thought he just joined a bigger mob.

Edited by harrry

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing happened. I let it go and took the nice policeman's advice and got the heavier bike for around town and a front disk lock.

Won't be parking in that popular spot again. I heard the local hospitals car park is another popular place for bikes to disappear.

I don't think it was one the nearby police, I think just some young meth junkies steal them and police are just tired with all the unnecessary paperwork.

Every week several bikes get stolen from the bank front which is right next to the police box. When it happens they are reluctant to check the CCTV.

They are NOT involved.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet