Non Imm 'o' Marriage Visa

With the recent thread about having B4K in the bank when applying for a yearly extension, I thought this'd be a good opportunity to ask a wee bit more!! :o

For the yearly extension to a 3 month Non Imm 'O' entry visa, do you have to be working to obtain the year's extension? Or, if you have sufficient funds to support yourself and the missus (but with no overseas pension), will the boys in brown be happy with this ? I have well in excess of B400K in the bank. If I were over 50, I'd apply for the Non Imm 'O/A' retirement visa.

Thanx, playmates :D

Edited by Big A

It should be sourced overseas and brought in via wire transfer so it does not look like you may be working here without a work permit but it should not be any problem - just have the account above 400k when your apply for extension (and during review period of 45 days or so to be sure). Many people have investments and such which they use for this.

It should be sourced overseas and brought in via wire transfer so it does not look like you may be working here without a work permit but it should not be any problem - just have the account above 400k when your apply for extension (and during review period of 45 days or so to be sure). Many people have investments and such which they use for this.

Thanx, Lop.

Yes, it is sourced from UK and was wired to my a/c here.