Jomtien Beach frightens tourists!

webfact

I was in a bhat bus with three Chinese girls the other day. After an initial fantasy passed, I tried to speak to them in very bad Chinese (Nee how, etc). At that point they decided that I could help them. One said "dirty beacha" (we were in Jomtien)...."want good beacha." Obviously the tourist brochure they were looking at in China did not tell the entire story. They were clearly upset with the filthy condition of Jomtien Beach. I never go swimming in it anymore.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading tourist reviews of Pattaya and Jomtiem and the pollution on the beaches is by far the biggest concern of visitors (much more so then the scams etc) and I have no doubt is the biggest factor with tourists deciding not to return here. its a bit much to expect the powers that be or even those that dont have much power to understand, but sea pollution here is losing them a lot of potential income

Edited by wwex

Jimminey Cricket! I was heading there for my birthday monday. I guess I will just forget about the whole area from Pattaya to Rayong. Now I am looking at Hua Hin, instead. I only have two nights. I don't want colon cancer and brain hemorages from containimation

Hia Hin beach is beautiful. i swim there most days

I especially like it when the beachfront horse ride guys at Hua Hin walk their horses along the water line, and then the horses take dumps and whiz onto the sand, and then the waves wash in and sweep all those goodies back into the water. bah.gif

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Maybe if the thais stopped discharging their sewage, runoff, factory waste and every scrap of garbage into the ocean it would improve. No-one gives a dam_n, they just dump everything in the water, it is totally pathetic that there is no  law stopping it, the enviroment means nothing to them as long as they have an easy way to get rid of everything.

Thailand has plenty of environmental protection laws. The problem is simply one of minimal enforcement of the laws.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app