Senator rebuked for complimenting Yingluck's beauty

webfact

Senator Rebuked For Complimenting Yingluck's Beauty
By Khaosod Online

ys.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The parliamentary debate on the Constitution amendment yesterday saw a bizarre moment in which lawmakers argued whether the beauty of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is related to the Constitution.

The ruling Pheu Thai Party proposed an amendment that would allow all Senators to be elected and remove restrictions on Senators′ qualification; under the current 2007 Constitution half of the Senate is appointed by a panel of ′experts′.

Ms. Yingluck joined the debate for the first time as an MP, sitting next to her sister, Ms. Yaowapa Wongsawat, another big player in the Shinawatra clan.

During his explanation why an amendment is needed, Mr. Prasert Prakhunsueksaphan, the Pheu Thai Senator representing Khonkaen Province, also made reference to Ms. Yingluck, calling her "a beautiful" and "intellectual" Prime Minister.

The remark was protested by a Democrat MP, Mr. Sathit Pituthecha, who accused Mr. Prasert of "licking" Ms. Yingluck to win her support for the next Senate election. He also charged that Mr. Prasert′s compliment of Ms. Yingluck′s prettiness is not relevant to the Constiutional amendment.

Mr. Prasert then argued that he only said in the nature of what is correct.

After further verbal exchanges between the pair, Mr. Somsak Kiatsuranon, the House Speaker, delivered his judgement that Ms. Yingluck′s beauty is indeed not related to the Constitution, and asked Mr. Prasert to "stay on the topic" of the parliamentary discussion.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM056Y3hNVFF6TUE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-08-28

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prasert Prakhunsueksaphan, the Pheu Thai Senator representing Khonkaen Province, also made reference to Ms. Yingluck, calling her "a beautiful" and "intellectual" Prime Minister.

Who needs any more conclusive proof that politians in the PTP are mentally deranged and in need of medical intervention, I suppose for her age Dear yingkuck is not a bad looking bint, but "intellectual".....If the Dear Yingluck is an intellectual, I will be picking up my noble prize for nuclear physics very shortly....

In comparison with the other dimwits in the parliament and senate she might appear to be a genius don't forget. By intellectual she probably can do joined up writing.

• Like 1

Ms. Yingluck joined the debate for the first time as an MP

wow sure this must be some sort of world-record

Yes, but did she actually SPEAK? If she didn't she didn't "join" the debate. She observed, which is all she is good for -- window dressing.

• Like 2

And that ladies and gentlemen is the typical Pheu Thai politician! Aren't you glad we have this lot of of people leading this country? clap2.gif

Really? The objection seems to be emblematic of the foolish pettiness that permeates the government and broader society. Reminds me of Q&A sessions of the British parliament that CSPAN used to show late at night... they made for good drinking games for those of us who were history or poli-sci majors.

This country is owned/run by the 'AAA' list of rich families... The Amarat or something to that effect.

Thais are complaining about paying more than 25 baht for their bag of soi slops cooked outdoors in lanes full of sick dogs and cats.

Does anyone think the Shinawatra ,CP family or Red Bull ferrari car clan care ?

And that ladies and gentlemen is the typical Pheu Thai politician! Aren't you glad we have this lot of of people leading this country? clap2.gif

Really? The objection seems to be emblematic of the foolish pettiness that permeates the government and broader society. Reminds me of Q&A sessions of the British parliament that CSPAN used to show late at night... they made for good drinking games for those of us who were history or poli-sci majors.

Did anyone ever 'lick' Margaret Thatcher?

Didn't I read that she left soon after the photo was taken.

From what I read elsewhere the Dem chief whip asked her a question which was evaded then he was told he had to speak to her personally so he walked up to her and spoke to her, she then got up and left.

Must have been real miffed that people weren't allowed to call he beautiful.

Could be a law change coming up.

• Like 1

Ms. Yingluck joined the debate for the first time as an MP

wow sure this must be some sort of world-record

Re the photo......

"Meh, you won't believe who's sitting in front of me"

"Who?"

"Yingluck"

"Don't you lie to me"

"I'm serious"

"Liar, get home and go to the Temple for three weeks and ask forgiveness"

"Meh, she's here"

"Can't be, she was in Kazakhstan, yesterday, in fact do you know she's been in 41 countries since being PM"

"Yes I know Meh, that's why I called you to tell you that she's here"

"Photo or it didn't happen"

"There's a man taking a photo just now, hold on till I look interested"

"Right, I'm back"

"I can't believe Yingluck is there, what's she doing"

"She's talking to Somchai"

"What about"

"Hold on".......

"Somchai is giving her a bit of paper"

"What does it say?"

"Eh, it's a message from Taksin, it says, don't you eff this up by saying anything, you know what your like when you start talking"

"Awww, he's right you know, cheerio"

A Dem MP tried to ask her a question and she left in exactly 1 min. Mind you that this is a very unique image. Sadly it might do the job of fooling the Northern people that she really comes to work.

• Like 1

I suppose it's not particularly difficult to look beautiful if you strategically place yourself right next to someone like Yaowapa.

And as per the PM's "intellectual qualities", oh well, that might merely have been a slip of the tongue by Senator Prasert, particularly under the aspect that he apparently attempted some licking as well.

• Like 2

No sir, that is just a typical old school Thai male making a sexist remark in Parliament and looking like a douchebag.

This is so typical of the "Democrats"! They are unable to debate ideas, they can only make stupid comments on irrelevant remarks! This is why they can't win elections!