Siamese Cats

siamese cats are 23 breeds

6 breeds in thai are badluck - too pol la paeth / pan pa yak / pi sat /hinna toth /gorb plerng/neb sa neard แมวทุพลเพศ แมวพรรณพยัฆ แมวปีศาจ แมวหิณโทษ แมวกอบเพลิง และ แมวเหน็บเสนียด

17 are goodluck breeds - nin rat / wi lat /sup pa luk/ si sawad/ sam sa wate/rat ta na pol/ wi chiean mat/ nil jak /mu si la / grob wan/ pud sa wate/ gra jok/ sing ha sep/ ga ra wek/ ja too bot/gone ja/ khao manee

แมวนิลรัตน์ วิลาศ ศุภลักษณ์ เก้าแต้ม สีสวาด แซมเสวต รัตนกำพล วิเชียรมาศ นิลจักร มุสิลา กรอบแว่น ปัคเสวต กระจอก สิงหเสพย การะเวก จตุบท โกญจา และ แมวขาวมณี

nowaday in thai kitties we have only 5 pure breeds

wi chien mat / see sawat(korat cat)/sup pa rak/gone ja and khao ma nee

วิเชียรมาศ สีสวาด หรือ โคราชแคท ศุภลักษณ์ โกญจา และ ขาวมณี"

reasons why we have only 5 breeds are

1 badluck breeds , we dont support em . :o so in past we left em to forest coz we thought they would bring bad luck for us

2 cross breeding ..got defect

3 etc..

btw ... nowaday in Thai we have

wi chien mat

sri4.jpg

see sa wat

korat.jpg

Khao ma nee

white_01.jpg

gone ja

black01.gif

sup pa rak

copper.jpg

So, anyone can recommend the nicest siamese for children ? I like the look of the sup pa rak and the ones Udon posted, the bluish ones.

If you know breeders in Bangkok for these and also very interested in 'Bengal' kittens with the real leapord spots.

Breeders and price would be appreciated.

Thanks Bambina! I am glad to know they really are Thai. My family always had Siamese cats. They loved them. In English we call the breed they bought Blue Tip. They looked alot like Wi Chien Mat. They are beautiful cats. I have never seen See Sa Wat, wow that is a beautiful animal!

Now, how much do the different breeds cost?

Are they all pretty easy to get a hold of?

Also be aware that Siamese traits will show up in regular cats, go to your local wat and look around, you will be sure to find a few who fill your bill. That is, if pedigreed papers are unimportant to you.

We had a lovely cat that wandered into our house, looked just like the khao ma nee, but with the twisted tail so commonly found in Asia (genetic trait btw).

Now our one and only cat is a calico, three colored cats are considered good luck in Thailand. Ours was certainly lucky as she turns 16 this year!

Also be aware that Siamese traits will show up in regular cats, go to your local wat and look around, you will be sure to find a few who fill your bill. That is, if pedigreed papers are unimportant to you.

We had a lovely cat that wandered into our house, looked just like the khao ma nee, but with the twisted tail so commonly found in Asia (genetic trait btw).

Now our one and only cat is a calico, three colored cats are considered good luck in Thailand. Ours was certainly lucky as she turns 16 this year!

Got a picture, she must be pretty.

Here she is, about 2 years ago but she pretty much looks the same. Bit more gravity effect going on with the tummy but hey, that affects us all :D

post-4641-1145689037_thumb.jpg

Wow, she's so cute. I really miss having a cat. My wife hates them, I mean hates them, but she agreed that if our daughter wanted one than that's what we get. I have my fingers crossed. :o

Your cats look like they've been the objects of a taxidermist's affections in the pic you posted... a little eerie.

That's because "mummy" was waving something that looked worthy of attack and so intense concentration was required! Korat cats do have a tendency to stare; sometime they stare at you with a look that says "we are in charge and you will stop what you are doing right now and come and amuse me!"