Tony Blair confirms visit to Bangkok

webfact

Why has Emma Thompson the British actress been invited to this forum. What does she know about Thailand? What does she know about politics?In fact,what does she know about anything?

She has acted in a couple of movies and some comedy sketches. I just dont understand why an actress should be on a political forum. Thailand should decide itself what their future is going to be.

I know Shakespeare said,"The world is a stage and we are all actors" but this is taking it too far.

Hey come on, she is a lady and she most probably is going to say good things about this government's actions to achieve reconciliation (uh amnesty for Thaksin). That's all this government needs at the moment.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is embarrassing, as I recently have felt prompted to apologise to farangs from other nations, for the visit/actions of our slightly-disgraced former-PM, joining-in this circus. wai2.gif

I never voted for him, but even so, we must accept some collective responsibility for him, as we did re-elect him a couple of times.

Just goes to show how spin and flim-flam can fool the voters, for a while. wacko.png.pagespeed.ce.jGW10VtQsI.png

There's a lesson for Thailand in there, somewhere. sad.png

His Tonyness is an embarrassment. I will admit to voting for his shower in 97, although our local MP in Bristol at that time was a good local MP.

Unfortunately the lies and deception of Mr Blair, have implications, none more so evident with the current issues in Syria, and how the MPs voted down any interventions last night, in a way quite rightly, but Blair's policies and actions will have negative implications for years to come.

Thailand should be very wary of this particular snake oil salesman, he has only one agenda, and that is self promotion and making money through it.

• Like 1

Why has Emma Thompson the British actress been invited to this forum. What does she know about Thailand? What does she know about politics?In fact,what does she know about anything?

She has acted in a couple of movies and some comedy sketches. I just dont understand why an actress should be on a political forum. Thailand should decide itself what their future is going to be.

I know Shakespeare said,"The world is a stage and we are all actors" but this is taking it too far.

Hey come on, she is a lady and she most probably is going to say good things about this government's actions to achieve reconciliation (uh amnesty for Thaksin). That's all this government needs at the moment.

Yep, she could talk about the good things being done to promote reconcilliation like the charging of PAD members with treason for encouraging people to break the law whilst the red leaders who called for the murder of soldiers and the burning of Bangkok can walk free.

I am sure Tony has a few skeletons in his cupboard that he is not proud of but I am also sure that some of us on TV are not 100% perfect in every way me being the exception of course.

Whilst i am not perfect i did not lie and implement a totally deceitful plan that resulted in the deaths of thousands of British soldiers and the disablement of tens of thousands more, aside from the innocents killed in Iraq. On top of that he continues to deny wrong doing and makes a fortune from public speaking non of which is donated to charities taking care of his war dead and wounded. His sins far outweigh anything good he did in NI.

• Like 2

Blair should be in prison for crimes against the British people and the British nation.He forced millions of immigrants onto the British people and spoilt their way of life. As David Cameron admits....Its a disaster.

I agree with the first bit, the second part has not changed with the smug Cameron in power, another first class idiot.

I have to disagree with your term, first class idiot.

Third or fourth class idiot is more likely.

I do agree with the sentiment though.

Isn't it great to see Cameron getting shot down by parliament! What sort of idiot is he to want to repeat the mistakes of tone.

I used to think he was OK, but having doubts now.

• Like 1

Blair should be in prison for crimes against the British people and the British nation.He forced millions of immigrants onto the British people and spoilt their way of life. As David Cameron admits....Its a disaster.

I agree with the first bit, the second part has not changed with the smug Cameron in power, another first class idiot.

I have to disagree with your term, first class idiot.

Third or fourth class idiot is more likely.

I do agree with the sentiment though.

Isn't it great to see Cameron getting shot down by parliament! What sort of idiot is he to want to repeat the mistakes of tone.

I used to think he was OK, but having doubts now.

The only way I know anything about "Big Dave" is that I was so bored I looked him up on Wikipedia.

I should have stuck to watching paint dry. It IS more interesting, honestly.

Well, he has been, he has spoken, and its all over the news for hours but nothing here yet. Uncle Tone said that Thailand cannot use outsiders to fix it's problems, they have to do it internally! Bet they're glad they brought him now !!!

Indeed, they are. He understands "Thainess" :lol::D

Hopefully he's already cashed his paycheck.

OB-YT139_thaibl_D_20130902002024.jpg

Interesting photo! Nice body language! Yingluck's protecting it and Tony is begging for it wink.png

Is there any visiting foreign dignitary that she doesn't flirt with?