Anyone tried "System Lens for Mac"

watcharacters

I've always heard you don't need those things for a mac.

Same here.

I don't have a problem with slowness other than with the system provider which drops our more than I like. When it's up and running it works great. I pay for a reasonably fast speed and when it works it's very fast.

But I'd still like to hear if anyone can report a positive success story with this app.

I've always heard you don't need those things for a mac.

If you install third party software you should always repair disc permissions (Applications/Utilities/Disc Utility). However there are some neat programs out there that will do that and a whole lot more, like cleaning out all the rubbish, which ultimately slows down your Mac.

Personally I like OnyX (free). Just make sure you get the version that is compatible with the OS you are running.

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx

I use cleanmymac along with onyx ..

Cleanmymac finds losts of cache'd items, system logs, will remove unwanted language packs and parts of apps that are UB ( of use to you only if you have an old powerPC processor ) .. After the first run, I removed multiple GB's. I am a regular photoshop user/DL large images temporarily from the web which seems to use a lot of cache space. If I run it every month, I remove a GB of crap.

ETS: If you are uncomfortable removing parts of apps then you can customize the interface but I have never had an app fail after using it.

Its not free, but you get what you pay for sometimes. Onyx is a great freeware app, which i use afterwards to repair permissions.

Dont need to ? No, you dont need to defrag an apple, it does some type of optimization automatically when you restart. ETS: Which is why you should restart your mac from time to time.

Also, you might want to check your microsoft auto-recovery folder, you may find plenty of auto-saves there ..

Edited by recom273

Also while on the subject .. Gemini is another great app for finding dupe files. You can preview documents / images / music / movie files within the app before you delete them.

If you use all 3 apps in combination, you can free up a fair amount of disk space within an hour.