Extending The Two Week On Arrival Visa

Hi Everybody,

I am a russian citizen (living in US) and i am heading off to Koh Tao in about a month. I just got my plane tickets in the mail, but do not yet have a visa. The closest embassy is in LA and their website said it takes an average of two weeks to process a visa application. Russia is on the list of countries that can get a two week visa on arrival, but I definetely want to stay longer. The website said that one of the requirements is possession of a plane ticket back with a date within that two week period. My date is in July.

Can anyone advise me on whether or not there is a way around it? I still have time to apply for the travel visa by mail, but I am worried about the "two weeks on average" part of the description and about sending my actual passport via mail. Getting an extension on the "visa on arrival" sounds like a lot less hassle (If it is possible.) I am flying into Bangkok and ideally wold like to stay untill mid-august.

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Andrey

Apply for a Tourist Visa before you travel, and you will get 60+30 days. Where in the US are you? Send your passport off to the nearest Thai Consulate or Embassy. It's very hard to get a 15 days visa on arrival extended.

Apply for a Tourist Visa before you travel, and you will get 60+30 days. Where in the US are you? Send your passport off to the nearest Thai Consulate or Embassy. It's very hard to get a 15 days visa on arrival extended.

George,

I am in colorado.

I am pretty sure that it was on the news recently that following a trade delegation meeting between Russia and Thailand it was agreed that Russia would be added to the 30 day on arrival group. Check it out! :o