New mbike insurance, can it be true ?

angrybird

I recently bought a new Honda Zoomer, in my name. I was surprised to hear from the salesgirl, that it was also comprehensively insured for up to 80% of it's price, with no questions on where/how it was kept or who was driving it.

I do not use it, and wonder if it is insured if the rider has no driving licence at the time of an accident, not me, but I have my suspicions.

While at the agents an American man was buying his second new one, the earlier one having been stolen, he said he was still waiting 2 months after his claim.

Any comments please.?

Edited by angrybird

No idea. I presume you have the paperwork.. read it or get someone to check it for you.

As for insurance companies paying out. Dunno luckily never happened to me. But I would imagine at least 6-8 weeks for pay out.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Quite correct, you do not have to state where the bike is being kept for the insurance and the bikes are insured for any Driver.

Should the driver not have a valid license for a bike then the insurance is naturally void i.e. he is riding it illegally.

Stolen bike : this depends on different companies but 8 weeks is not long to pay out on a total loss – the companies have to check the bike has disappeared and it not an elaborate scam.

If it is insured for theft you would have paid extra for the coverage 

No need to pay any extra premium as the bike would be insured for theft under his 1st Class policy

He would have paid extra for the 1st class cover... unless Honda are giving it free with new.bikes.now......???

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the insurance costs 2 or 3 thousant baht,

if motorcycl stolen ,go to police and report it ,with the police report you walk to the shop ,

and about 4 months later u recieve a bank check , no problem .

Worth every penny. They dont have this for bigger motorcycles .

if motorcycl stolen ,go to police and report it ,with the police report you walk to the shop ,

i have 1st class insurance on my Cbr250 only cost me 5.5k baht covers theft, accident damage and bail bond.

So does that mean that my 1st class insurance is none existing on my big bike 1450 CC... Just wondering ;)

I had a pick up stolen one time. We were insured with an insurance company that has a name that starts with "V". Had to sue them for payment twice in court, won both times, yet they still would not pay. Beware.

Honda provide insurance on new bikes included in the price.

Minimum government Insurance + total loss Insurance for 3 years.

This is not comprehensive insurance, injure yourself, your passenger or partially damage the bike and you are on your own.

Not mityon in pattaya. If you want total loss you have to pay for it. It is also a yearly renewal. Please give the dealer details as i am looking for another scooter and three year ins would sweeten the deal.

Honda provide insurance on new bikes included in the price.

Minimum government Insurance + total loss Insurance for 3 years.

This is not comprehensive insurance, injure yourself, your passenger or partially damage the bike and you are on your own.

Not mityon in pattaya. If you want total loss you have to pay for it. It is also a yearly renewal. Please give the dealer details as i am looking for another scooter and three year ins would sweeten the deal.

Unless this is a new thing I agree. 2 Honda bikes over the last 3 years. Only offered insurance as an cost add on.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great thread, sure as heck got me pondering.

Bought my wife a new Honda click at hua hin dealership six months ago. Being concerned w her or me getting in a wreck, I kept asking about both bike and personal injury coverage.

English speaking salesman said, yes, yes. Full medical and liability and coverage up to 80% on bikes value if stolen or wrecked. Since this is all in Thai, just how at ease can I feel. What do other's do to know what info they provide in policy is legit? Have it translated. Wife says all in policy, me....... The devil is in the details. Not a Thai thing and my wife's Sharp as a tack but not being able to read it does concern me.

Forgot to add, yes we did pay extra for the policy so I know we have something. Not reading Thai though I have no idea what it is.

You really dont need to read thai....Your policy will show quite a few numbers as opposed to the government policy. Mine are all in english and thai but you can just call the insurance company and ask?

Read your policy....I had a new Yamama stolen and claim denied because I couldn't

prove the tire was "locked"....Typical Insurance Co. scam. The will attempt to screw

you every time.

Thats to bad as this is not typically the way the insurance companies work...

If it is insured for theft you would have paid extra for the coverage

When I bought a motorbike for my step daughter I bought a theft insurace as well. It was for 12 months & cost a nominal extra charge.

This is probably what the sales person has thrown in for free.

No licence No cover This is world wide

Common sense should tell you a non licenced rider is a NO NO same with young kid

Yes, but in the case a vehicle stolen and ridden by an unlicensed driver, could an insurance cover any damages in an accident ?

If the driver "flees the scene" how are the circumstances interpreted ?

It seems common here for evey Somchai, Nok and Lek, within a "pod" to treat motorcycles as interchangeable property and permission to use is taken for granted.