Merchants That Persuade Tourists Into Buying Things Are To Be Arrested

Rimmer

Merchants That Persuade Tourists Into Buying Things Are To Be Arrested

PATTAYA:--Pattaya Tourist Police has alerted merchants that try to persuade tourists at Walking Street to buy things from them, which caused great annoyance to the tourists.

PATTAYA – August 29, 2013 [PDN]; Pattaya Tourist Police have announced that merchants that are seen persuading or annoying tourists to buy things at Walking Street will be arrested without any further notice. 40 merchants have already been arrested, many of which sold clothes and roses.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/29/merchants-that-persuade-tourists-into-buying-things-are-to-be-arrested/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-08-30

I wish they would do that on the beach too! A constant parade of sellers trying to get you to buy everything from jewelry to tattoo's. Impossible to enjoy the sea, and when I come home, I have a neck ache from shaking my head, "No", to every one that passes by.

Oh you poor thing...sounds like you lead such a tough life! Why can't you just ignore them or pretend you are asleep and they will just move along?

How about 'arresting' those guys from tailor shops and the like who are often really annoying trying to 'become friends' with you on the street? Small fines could pose a deterrent for them.

I agree , I have no problems with merchants in Pattaya, but the tailor guys are the worst of them all , I want to hit them in the face every time I walk pass them and they try to drag me in.

Edited by balo

How about 'arresting' those guys from tailor shops and the like who are often really annoying trying to 'become friends' with you on the street? Small fines could pose a deterrent for them.

I agree , I have no problems with merchants in Pattaya, but the tailor guys are the worst of them all , I want to hit them in the face every time I walk pass them and they try to drag me in.

Wow...you must go through your days as a very uptight and wound up person. I bet you have high blood pressure as well. Why not just try to relax and take it easy?

I agree. One would think that they would get the message after being told a dozen times, on several different days, that I have no interest in a suit. It almost seems that they enjoy being irritants.

I agree. One would think that they would get the message after being told a dozen times, on several different days, that I have no interest in a suit. It almost seems that they enjoy being irritants.

i don't like it but its a really shitty job

like working telesales without the protection of the phone

I wish they would do that on the beach too! A constant parade of sellers trying to get you to buy everything from jewelry to tattoo's. Impossible to enjoy the sea, and when I come home, I have a neck ache from shaking my head, "No", to every one that passes by.

this may help

post-81023-0-30371300-1377914433_thumb.j

Have a "T" shirt printed with exactly that on itbiggrin.png

I remember a friend who worked in HongKong and he told me that he was often pestered by a shoe shop tout so he went into the shop and picked out just a left shoe in brown suede size 8. The shop owner refused to sell him just one shoe. Three days later he had another friend go into the shop and picked just the right shoe - also in brown suede and size 8. The shop owner was apparently furious that he missed out on the earlier sale and could have made a second one .....

Edited by petercool
  • Like 2

OMG people trying to sell goods & services to Tourists in a Tourist area.

This is beyond the pale . I must mention this in Las Vegas , Big Sur , Monaco , Centrum in Amsterdam , Frankfurt , Pisa , etc on our trip starting in 3 weeks , I am sure the Police in all these areas would be overjoyed at those sort of Duties.

"Mai Kap " has always served me well in Pattaya for decades as has "Tidak" in Malaysia & Indonesia

Oh well I needed a laugh to-day. I would hate to think that hawkers in Tourist Towns would stress me out so much that I would need Police to arrest them.

The only time I experience true anger at street idiots is in Pattaya during Songkran , so I make a point of NOT being there. at that time. So Easy .

OOoops ! almost forgot......Hey Rim where the heck is the 'POINT PIC' ? this is Big Time Crime Pard. !!

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio