Jesters Care 4 Kids Fair

aussiechick

Why do some people always have to be so negative. These pictures from Jesters Fair 2013 show a lot of happy people and kids and lots of activity.

As for being out of town, it was great, no traffic problems, no parking problems, and I think most people with kids already live on the "dark side" so would probably have easier access than at the old place. Ok so perhaps a few tourists based around Beach Road may find it harder to get here, but I don't think they're the target audience anyway.

• Like 2

I went today, waste of time, was in and out in 30 minutes.

All it was was a couple of stools touting their business, even the local scammers De Vere's were there for heavens sake, do they give money to charity? A couple of stalls selling jam and marmalade and a couple of book stalls..

I took my 2 kids, waste of time. I thought this was meant to be a family day out? What was there for kids? No rides, not even a bouncy castle...nothing for the kids! There actually wasn't many children there so maybe I have misunderstood the entire concept of this event?

Won't be bothering next year.

You must have gone to another event. From the pics Phil posted, I saw lots of kids, and a very large ride:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153214972620224&set=oa.323081774504890&type=3&theater

Everybody I spoke with had a great time. Congrats to the organizers.

• Like 1

I went today, waste of time, was in and out in 30 minutes.

All it was was a couple of stools touting their business, even the local scammers De Vere's were there for heavens sake, do they give money to charity? A couple of stalls selling jam and marmalade and a couple of book stalls..

I took my 2 kids, waste of time. I thought this was meant to be a family day out? What was there for kids? No rides, not even a bouncy castle...nothing for the kids! There actually wasn't many children there so maybe I have misunderstood the entire concept of this event?

Won't be bothering next year.

You must have gone to another event. From the pics Phil posted, I saw lots of kids, and a very large ride:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153214972620224&set=oa.323081774504890&type=3&theater

Everybody I spoke with had a great time. Congrats to the organizers.

Nope, that wasn't there when we got there at 3pm.

As I say, not 1 ride either...nothing there for kids to do. Boring.

The bouncy castle was put back up later in the day - kids were playing on it until the end of the evening. Photos showed the other kids activities plus food stalls and "beer garden". It was a great day - and just btw I fly back from Australia to be here for this event!

• 11 months later...