Thai govt to solve issue of falling prices of agri products

webfact

Govt to solve issue of falling prices of agri products

BANGKOK, 30 Aug 2013, (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated that the Government would solve the ongoing issue of falling prices of agricultural products without discrimination while urging related agencies to closely monitor the demonstration of para rubber growers.

The comment came as she clarified the Government's stance in her answer to a motion raised during Thursday's Parliament session. Ms. Yingluck affirmed that the Government would help suffering agricultural operators whether they are in rubber, rice or palm oil sector.

She further explained that the Government's relief measures are varied based on the factors culminating the problem, stressing however that her administration is willing to listen to suggestions from both farmers and the opposition.

Ms. Yingluck has also assigned Deputy Prime Minister and Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Yukol Limlaemthong the task of collecting suggestions and direction in solving the falling prices of farm products to be discussed in the next cabinet meeting.

Meanwhile, Democrat MP Suthep Thuaksuban proposed a solution to the low rubber prices by making a deal with other major rubber producers and buyers in order to set the global rubber prices in Thailand's favor. He also reiterated that the Democrat Party has nothing to do with the rubber demonstration.

Deputy Spokesperson of the Prime Minister's Office, Lieutenant General Sunisa Lertpakkawat, stated that the Premier has instructed the Transport Ministry to look for ways to use rubber in road construction as another mean to help rubber planters.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-30 footer_n.gif

Thursday's Parliament session. Ms. Yingluck affirmed that the Government would help suffering agricultural operators whether they are in rubber, rice or palm oil sector

​Just the other-day there was a survey that said that the rice-farmers were on average happy, how can they be happy when they are suffering? I don't think that the left hand knows what the right hand does in this government.

• Like 1

Thursday's Parliament session. Ms. Yingluck affirmed that the Government would help suffering agricultural operators whether they are in rubber, rice or palm oil sector

​Just the other-day there was a survey that said that the rice-farmers were on average happy, how can they be happy when they are suffering? I don't think that the left hand knows what the right hand does in this government.

Before the survey organization makes the survey and does the analysis of the data, they ask the government what they want. whistling.gif

This is like many companies and financial organization keep more than one set of books, and paper shredders. coffee1.gif

Ms. Yingluck has also assigned Deputy Prime Minister and Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Yukol Limlaemthong the task of collecting suggestions and direction in solving the falling prices of farm products to be discussed in the next cabinet meeting.

The solution is simple really, all they have to do is make the world market understand that they need to buy votes until big brother gets back. The farmers can go back to struggling after that, and market prices can retun to normal.

Maybe they should think that there are too many farmers , too much production of agricultural product. ... and of course not to mention other countries around producing same kind of food.

Might have helped if they had been teaching so those farmers a little better in school so that for example an average Thai didn't need a calculator to subtract 80 from 100....

• Like 2

How can the PTP Gov;t pull this off?

They have proven pretty useless when trying to control the price of rice

Pretty sure that can be called a disaster, unless you were on the receiving

end of the thick envelopes

PTP should stay out of finance, law, agriculture ........basically they should just

sit at an empty desk and play with the i-pads and i-phones

"Deputy Spokesperson of the Prime Minister's Office, Lieutenant General Sunisa Lertpakkawat, stated that the Premier has instructed the Transport Ministry to look for ways to use rubber in road construction as another mean to help rubber planters."

Surely if this was possible and economically viable then it would have been done by now. Does she ever actually think about what she is saying or does she just make it up on the spot?

Maybe they should think that there are too many farmers , too much production of agricultural product. ... and of course not to mention other countries around producing same kind of food.

"Maybe they should think..." That's when the sh*#%t hits the fan!

"Deputy Spokesperson of the Prime Minister's Office, Lieutenant General Sunisa Lertpakkawat, stated that the Premier has instructed the Transport Ministry to look for ways to use rubber in road construction as another mean to help rubber planters."

Surely if this was possible and economically viable then it would have been done by now. Does she ever actually think about what she is saying or does she just make it up on the spot?

Fantastic idea

Money saved at hospitals etc: when your knocked off your click next time with landing on that rubber mat /road, should save me on cost of bike repair too - me thinks

• Like 1

Adding rubber to asphalt, for road pavement has been done for over 30 years. It actually reduces road noise by 20% and increases the life span of the road it self by a good margin.

The rubber added to asphalt, is from ground up, used car and truck tires. Unless they make the same composition of rubber (as a tire) i dont think it will work.

There was a story in TVF a year or so ago about doing this here, but never heard another thing about it. If I recall, the price was totally outrageous, per kilometer.

I will try to find the article.

I read the article without actually finding out one idea of how she intends to do this.

Same as everything else she promise like no corruption and reconciliation. She has absolutely no idea but sounds good to promise it. She has instructed so many ministers to solve problems - yet bugger all has happened.

Later on she says she's instructing someone to collect ideas and suggestions. It really is Mickey Mouse level, apart from the scamming.

And, we get posters on other threads claiming she is a wonderful PM. Mind boggling.blink.png

This is all related to the minimum wage and spike in the cost of living it caused. I think a minimum wage is a good idea but it needs to be done in small incremental steps. The farmers sell their products at the international market rates but that doesn't make them enough money to cover higher living costs. This government doesn't have a grasp of basic economics and just comes out with unrealistic populist policies.

• Like 1

Adding rubber to asphalt, for road pavement has been done for over 30 years. It actually reduces road noise by 20% and increases the life span of the road it self by a good margin.

The rubber added to asphalt, is from ground up, used car and truck tires. Unless they make the same composition of rubber (as a tire) i dont think it will work.

There was a story in TVF a year or so ago about doing this here, but never heard another thing about it. If I recall, the price was totally outrageous, per kilometer.

I will try to find the article.

Where is the money in having roads that last longer? Those brown envelope have been banked long ago.

This is all related to the minimum wage and spike in the cost of living it caused. I think a minimum wage is a good idea but it needs to be done in small incremental steps. The farmers sell their products at the international market rates but that doesn't make them enough money to cover higher living costs. This government doesn't have a grasp of basic economics and just comes out with unrealistic populist policies.

You're quite right but of course but small incremental steps aren't as good for getting votes. I notice there's been no new increase in the minimum wage but I won't be surprised if there's another big one come the next election.

Actually, in the US, that's how old tires are disposed of. They are run through a shredder until they are coarse powder, and then mixed in with asphalt (tar) and crushed gravel to pave roads.

I doubt that raw rubber would hold up to that. Tires have a lot of carbon black in them to make them harder, and there is an oil product (butyl?) added to them also to keep them from leaking. They are also hardened by heat which changes the molecular structure.

I suppose it's possible to add carbon black and heat treat the rubber and use it in asphalt paving. I don't know it it would be economically advantageous.

Edit: Oops. Someone beat me to it, sorry.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1