Thai govt to solve issue of falling prices of agri products

webfact

"Deputy Spokesperson of the Prime Minister's Office, Lieutenant General Sunisa Lertpakkawat, stated that the Premier has instructed the Transport Ministry to look for ways to use rubber in road construction as another mean to help rubber planters."

Surely if this was possible and economically viable then it would have been done by now. Does she ever actually think about what she is saying or does she just make it up on the spot?

Adding rubber to asphalt, for road pavement has been done for over 30 years. It actually reduces road noise by 20% and increases the life span of the road it self by a good margin.

The rubber added to asphalt, is from ground up, used car and truck tires. Unless they make the same composition of rubber (as a tire) i dont think it will work.

There was a story in TVF a year or so ago about doing this here, but never heard another thing about it. If I recall, the price was totally outrageous, per kilometer.

I will try to find the article.

In Holland they use rubber in road construction already a very long time.

Mampara is right, just 2 days ago I read this bs story titled "BAAC poll reveals that the happiness index of Thai farmers have increased", from 76% to 89% <deleted> !

Now today I read "Ms. Yingluck affirmed that the Government would help suffering agricultural operators whether they are in rubber, rice or palm oil sector." ????????

Make up your minds ! Are they bloody happy or suffering ? They can't be "suffering happily".

"Deputy Spokesperson of the Prime Minister's Office, Lieutenant General Sunisa Lertpakkawat,"

Here's a picture of the Lieutenant General ("Ms Rubber Road").. Lieutenant General????blink.png

The lady who couldn't find Thaksin. attachicon.gifindex.jpeg

Way to go girl.

Just 4 years ago you were just a lieutenant and then you wrote a book about Thaksin.

Now if it is true you are a Lieutenant General.

You skipped Captain, Major, Colonel, Senior Colonel and Major General.

Personally I just think it was bad reporting.

"Deputy Spokesperson of the Prime Minister's Office, Lieutenant General Sunisa Lertpakkawat, stated that the Premier has instructed the Transport Ministry to look for ways to use rubber in road construction as another mean to help rubber planters."

Surely if this was possible and economically viable then it would have been done by now. Does she ever actually think about what she is saying or does she just make it up on the spot?

Adding rubber to asphalt, for road pavement has been done for over 30 years. It actually reduces road noise by 20% and increases the life span of the road it self by a good margin.

The rubber added to asphalt, is from ground up, used car and truck tires. Unless they make the same composition of rubber (as a tire) i dont think it will work.

There was a story in TVF a year or so ago about doing this here, but never heard another thing about it. If I recall, the price was totally outrageous, per kilometer.

Outrageous costs? Hmm, not a problem for the party that brought you the rice scheme.

Outrageous costs? Hmm, not a problem for the party that brought you the rice scheme.

Good point. When it comes to spending unwisely PTP/YS Govt has it mastered.

I am pretty sure you can't take raw rubber and stick it into a road surface....