Anyone driving the Ninja 300 yet?

Marcel1

Yesterday made a test drive on the new ninja in Bangkok. It drves and feels great to drive and the new looks are good too. overall it seems to be a good deal. whereas I think the ninja 250 is quite ugly and the cbr's look in my opinion too decent.

the priceis of course higher than most in this class but I think it's well worth it. I will get it somewhere halfway next month I hope.

are there any people out here who have one already and have some more first hand experience with the bike?

It looks the same as the 250 except for the paintwork.

Glad to hear it rides well. Where did you do the test ride?

Edit: I mean where in BKK gave you a test ride? I'd quite like to try one myself.

Edited by JonnyF

Like JonnyF said I think your comparing the 300 to an older model 250

because the 300 & 2013 250 are identical except if you notice the ABS ring on the 300

Other than that I own the 2013 250 & think you will enjoy that 300

As you say a little more than other 250's but it is a 300 & well made.

Let us know how you like it when you get one on a longer ride.

What color did you get?

Edited by mania

Wow, just read that it has a 10hp increase over the 250cc. Nice increase, I have the middle child of the Ninja family, the 650cc, so I won't be buying a 300. However, each time I pp by Kawasaki I am impressed with how nice the 250/300 looks, especially compared tot he boring CBR250.

Moving back to the US next year, hoping to get a 60-70's Triumph, but a Ninja 300 to use a learner track bike would be a great bit of fun.

driving, riding... u inderstood it right :) but I think I ment the older types of ninja 250's. theres quite abit diffrence in the front/headlights but I must say im not a expert. always drove a Yamaha r6 back home and had a few cbr 600's but I think a 300 will be perfect for around the city cruising.

I did the test ride at realmotosports official kawasaki dealer. ramkamheng road 146 I thought. Its not a big ride, just up and down the street a couple of times but you can get an impression for it. I still have to order but I think it will be the orange one.

Wikipedia/driving:

Although direct operation of a bicycle

and a mounted animal

are commonly referred to as"riding", such operators are legally considered*drivers* and are required to obey the rules of the road.

Drivers that are riding, but no riders that are driving? Legal system is mostly stupid :)

• Like 2

Wow, just read that it has a 10hp increase over the 250cc.

Did I miss anything?

From what I know it's only 6 hp compared to the 2008 to 2012 and 7 hp compared to the 2013.

Got this from Wiki:

Motorcycle Consumer News showed that the Ninja 300 produces more power than the 250 – 34.77 to 34.95 hp (25.93 to 26.06 kW) compared with 25.48 hp (19.00 kW)

And 182,000? Damn.... Paid less than that for my 2011 650r with slip on. Secondhand is the way to go.

wait till they start showing up in the classified section then! wink.png

I tell you what...There have been some screaming deals on 2013 Ninja 250's with hardly any km on them

I have seen some perfect ones for 128k

These are the folks that think they need to be on the bleeding edge & are selling

bikes they just bought at 158-162k

They still have insurance on them

So they loose 30k min

Then need to add another 50-60k

nuts if you ask me but their prerogative

I can see someone jumping to sell quick because they are moving up to a substantially

different bike but it is not worth 90k or more to change from the 2013-250 to the 2014-300 IMHO

Edited by mania

P.S. I want one and would probably have owe one already if I didn't have to go to work when I made that decision, now one month on the rig, I have had time to think it over, will probably wait, but then again, when I get back on land, I can't guarantee that my emotions won't overcome my logical thinking, lol, will see...

wait till they start showing up in the classified section then! wink.png

I tell you what...There have been some screaming deals on 2013 Ninja 250's with hardly any km on them

I have seen some perfect ones for 128k

These are the folks that think they need to be on the bleeding edge & are selling

bikes they just bought at 158-162k

They still have insurance on them

So they loose 30k min

Then need to add another 50-60k

nuts if you ask me but their prerogative

I can see someone jumping to sell quick because they are moving up to a substantially

different bike but it is not worth 90k or more to change from the 2013-250 to the 2014-300 IMHO

Totally agree, but I do recall seeing some new model bikes in classified pretty soon after they arrived. I'm checking daily, haven't seen the 300 yet but I do see some awesome deals on 250.

Totally agree, but I do recall seeing some new model bikes in classified pretty soon after they arrived. I'm checking daily, haven't seen the 300 yet but I do see some awesome deals on 250.

I have seen one so far for 170k

Surely there will be others soon.

Problem is if they are Thai owned & financed

the price is usually still higher than cashed out new

because finance charges here do not seem to go away for early payment

But still other Thais will buy because they too need to buy on credit so it is

a small savings for them to just take over payments + x amount

Just for the record. You mean riding not driving. Test ride etc..

Thats strange because i am officially allowed to drive my bikes. Do you have a Motorcycle Riding License?

wink.png

I bet you drive horses too....

Sorry for going offtopic again. Just a last word for those who are still not sure whether to ride or to drive a motorbike.

You can do both. Riding a motorcycle means you are the driver OR a passenger/pillion. Driving is more specific and means you are the driver of the motocycle.

And you can also drive horses:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_(horse))

Edited by wantan