British Tourist Arrested For Theft In Pattaya

Rimmer

British Tourist Arrested For Theft In Pattaya

br.jpg

A British man was arrested for stealing clothes from the Big C Extra supermarket in Pattaya Klang.

PATTAYA: – August 30, 2013 [PDN]; Investigation officers of Pattaya Police station were informed about a foreigner who was caught stealing at the Big C Extra supermarket. A Police team was immediately sent to the scene.

The suspect was known as Mr. Michael John, aged 50, an English national. He was caught arrest 14 different things from the supermarket including clothes and food.

Security guards of the supermarket monitored his suspicious behavior, as it was seen that he had been putting things under his shirts and into pants’ pocket.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/30/british-tourist-arrested-for-theft-in-pattaya/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-08-30

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a fashion crime...chosing to steal one's clothing from the styles on offer at Big C!

I guess his funds were low and still awhile before his old age pension kicks in...so <deleted> is he doing living/visiting Pattaya?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

Ive had some weirdo befriend me doing the same, i would have hit him when he asked for money if he didnt do the off!

But a flight costs 400 pound, a few changs cost 100 baht, thus If you can't afford a plane ticket you can afford beer.

Yes I understand your math there but if they don't drink beer they can buy their plane ticket sooner. And sober people might be a little more willing to help them out of their predicament. Also these people its never just a couple of beers.

Edited by uty6543
  • Like 1

So not only Russians are doing simple thefts in Pattaya , the Brits are doing it too, good to know....

And you are from.....................? ............coffee1.gif ...............smile.png

Norway , everyone is rich there so I doubt you wll find a Norwegian doing this unless he is crazy and drunk.

Hmmmm, perfect folk eh. Don't think so some how. smile.png

You are probably right , some of us are not perfect , and if you want to find them Pattaya is a good place to start.....

From one Brit to Another- Hope you get what coming to you. Its no wonder we are hated all over the world.

We are hated for shop lifting ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. coffee1.gif

Good, bad, and just stupid in all nations. My landlord is a Brit and not that well off himself but is salt of the earth and hasn't raised my rent in 8 years.

A norweigen mentor of mine way back in my working days was helpful and generous with feedback and praise. Great guy to hang with after work too.

Yes a nice little stay in a Thai jail and send him home.

There must be a good chance that he hasnt got the money to fly home, id bet there are many like this who are stuck in Thailand.

And the more who surface like this, the more onerous will be the proof required for financial resources when applying for long stay extensions ... or maybe less willingness to overlook those who are doing endless border runs because they can't meet the financial requirements.

Some people think Thailand makes staying here difficult now, but cases like this and those who end up receiving medical treatment for which they are unable to pay, will mean the system will be less flexible for us all.

I will say that stuffing 14 items of clothing and food down your pants must be a well-honed, though in this case not especially well-executed, skill. I sometimes wonder when I'm digging in my pocket for my mobile phone or shopping list, whether someone is watching me on a CCTV camera and speculating on what exactly I'm doing.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Yes a nice little stay in a Thai jail and send him home.

There must be a good chance that he hasnt got the money to fly home, id bet there are many like this who are stuck in Thailand.

I don't think you need money to get deported.. . after his stay in the monkey house, his family or friends, or the good old uk

government will help him 5555... I stand corrected if this is not the case.. smile.png

So not only Russians are doing simple thefts in Pattaya , the Brits are doing it too, good to know....

And you are from.....................? ............coffee1.gif ...............smile.png

Norway , everyone is rich there so I doubt you wll find a Norwegian doing this unless he is crazy and drunk.

Or inbreed?

Oh sorry.......

And you are from.....................? ............coffee1.gif ...............xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

That's about 75% of the Norwegians that I have met

• Like 1

From one Brit to Another- Hope you get what coming to you. Its no wonder we are hated all over the world.

Crikey he stole about 20 pounds worth of goods, he who cast the first stone doesnt apply in Thailand does it. The lack of self awareness is truly staggering.

The thing that gives Brits and Farang a bad name in Thailand is the fact they walk around with prostitutes and marry them, and the fact a vast proportion who go to Thailand spend their time blind drunk.

Tealeaf tourism isnt one of problems just yet.

• Like 2