British Airways sale!

Bender

Even cheaper with EVA Air from around £570 economy. (£2070 business but £2550 with BA).

EVA' s business class knocks spots off BA's (apart from the luggage allowance).

Sorry? What?

I don't think EVA even had fully flat beds until recently. I've been flying in BA Club Class with fully flat beds for years.

I think it's only EVA Royal Laurel class that has flat beds. Are you guaranteed to get that with Business Class on the London to Bangkok route with EVA now?

• Like 1

If my flight comes back as confirmed which I am waiting on at present it will cost me only £186 one way next week to London.

Say what you want about the crew but at this price I'm a very happy flier.

This is extremely cheap for a one way direct flight to London.

Naturally the kids are back to school this week so that's a big bonus.

BKK-LHR-BKK for 3 weeks next May was B39,770 which isn't a very good price at all, to me.

And taxes/charges weren't added until the end of flight-selection, I thought they had stopped playing those tricks, over in Europe ? wink.png

One hold-bag of up-to 23 kgs, not very competitive these days, either.

Serve me right for spending the time to look at BA. facepalm.gif

I flew with BA LHR/BKK recently. One of the best flights I have ever had with any airline. Non-stop, GBP550 return, comfortable seat with fold-down headrests. Efficient and polite service. Decent cup of tea. Newspapers. Proper gin and tonics (bottle of gin, can of tonic, ice, slice) and wine all served before the meal which the Middle Eastern airlines never manage to do. Food no worse than other airlines. Pre-booked special meal. Pre-booked seat. Online check-in and easy bag drop. No queues. And to top it off a litre of Smirnoff was cheaper on the plane than at any duty free shop I've seen in the past few years, and no exchange rate weighting to worry about.

I wish all flights could be like that one.

Even cheaper with EVA Air from around £570 economy. (£2070 business but £2550 with BA).

EVA' s business class knocks spots off BA's (apart from the luggage allowance).

Sorry? What?

I don't think EVA even had fully flat beds until recently. I've been flying in BA Club Class with fully flat beds for years.

I think it's only EVA Royal Laurel class that has flat beds. Are you guaranteed to get that with Business Class on the London to Bangkok route with EVA now?

EVA have just installed flat beds on the LHR-BKK. I've already booked a return flight for £2079 (actually less as I used up the remainder of my loyalty points). BA is still £2550. The Royal Laurel seats are good as they are only 4 across meaning everyone has unhindered access to the aisles. The service on EVA is far superior to BA that I flew last time and the cabin crew more pleasant and provide better service. The coffee is also much better as they have a genuine espresso machine and make coffee almost as good as I do back home. I drink lots. I never minded the old Premium Laurel class as I rarely sleep on planes but I'm looking forward to the new arrangement as I now have a window seat with direct aisle access. Super!

If my flight comes back as confirmed which I am waiting on at present it will cost me only £186 one way next week to London.

How do you get that cheap price?

Thanks for reminding me.

I didn't in the end,I received an email later that day saying the price had increased to £502,the original booking was merely an acknowledgement and not a confirmation,I had my suspicions at the time.

It's looking like I'm going to have to stump up £488 one way with BA at present or £416 with EVA,but the EVA flight gets me in to Heathrow to late to get back home.

So it's looking like BA,I like the overnight flight as it allows me easy travel options when I'm traveling in the UK to home,you simply can't get anywhere in the UK after 10pm.

Thanks for reminding me.

I didn't in the end,I received an email later that day saying the price had increased to £502,the original booking was merely an acknowledgement and not a confirmation,I had my suspicions at the time.

It's looking like I'm going to have to stump up £488 one way with BA at present or £416 with EVA,but the EVA flight gets me in to Heathrow to late to get back home.

So it's looking like BA,I like the overnight flight as it allows me easy travel options when I'm traveling in the UK to home,you simply can't get anywhere in the UK after 10pm.

Is that booking with Eva direct?

Thanks for reminding me.

Is that booking with Eva direct?

Sky scanner iPad app,but it redirects to EVA air website so yes.post-118612-13783538369129_thumb.jpg

• Like 1