Red Bull heir Vorayuth leaves Thailand

webfact

Red Bull heir leaves country
Kesinee Taengkhiao
The Nation

30213804-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Attorney-General Chulasingh Vasantasingh has ordered the prosecution of Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya on three counts, including speeding, for the hit-and-run accident that killed a policeman.

The suspect, according to his lawyer, is now on an overseas trip that started on Thursday.

Chulasingh recently issued the order to public prosecutors at the Department of Southern Bangkok Criminal Litigation because the statute of limitations related to the speeding will expire on Tuesday.

The department has postponed the prosecution five times already, claiming it needed additional investigation reports regarding the alleged speeding - which Vorayuth has denied.

Reuchai Krairerk, a senior expert public prosecutor at the department, said yesterday that Chulasingh ordered prosecution on three counts to take place first to avoid any damage stemming from the statute of limitations expiring on the speeding charge.

"We have thus asked police to bring Vorayuth to Bangkok South Criminal Court on September 2 for the prosecution," Reuchai said.

He said that if Vorayuth failed to show up at the court on that day, prosecutors would seek an arrest warrant for him and have him prosecuted on two other counts.

Reuchai said the two other counts were more serious - reckless driving causing death and failure to stop the vehicle and get out to help the victim.

He said Vorayuth's lawyer insisted that the suspect would return to meet with public prosecutors on Monday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-31

• Like 2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BANGKOK: -- Attorney-General Chulasingh Vasantasingh has ordered the prosecution of Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya on three counts, including speeding, for the hit-and-run accident that killed a policeman.

Hmm The Nation, really can accounts of speeding ever come before manslaughter?? <deleted>!

• Like 1

Seriously though if Americans can send erykah badhu for tax evasion, an obviously misprioritized nation, how theXXXXXX can an heir get away with manslaughter, bribery and defamation? Am
I missing something???!

Edited by Rooo
profanity removed

Hmm The Nation, really can accounts of speeding ever come before manslaughter?? <deleted>!

The "speeding" violation is what has been causing all the postponements. Its "priority" is from the system, not The Nation.

Try to keep up.

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 2

I guess if he doesn't show he then becomes another Thai fugitive and that will bring serious embarrassment to Red Bull.... running away from justice twice. The expiry of the statute of limitations will be a secondary issue.

We will have to wait and see.

• Like 2

Seriously though if Americans can send erykah badhu for tax evasion, an obviously misprioritized nation, how theXXXXXX can an heir get away with manslaughter, bribery and defamation? Am

I missing something???!

Yea you missed something,,,,,This is Thailand,,,,,,Thai say FTW,,

• Like 1

Yes, The editor would have been informed how to word that particular list of crimes. That paper is a complete joke even by Asian standards.

I would have done the same , He knows that he is in serious trouble now . And because of all the media attention he can't buy his way out the easy way .

He probably will get of the hook , but it will take a while .

Anyway i can't name anybody that would like to spend time in a Thai prison

Why I am not surprise at all ...... the interesting point would be .. how did he leave ? but when you have so much money everything is possible here ..... I just feel sorry for the policeman familly (I guess they received enough to survive a few years) .

I am always amazed how fugitives can enter the country to "disapear" and how murderers can flee the country so easily .

AMAZING THAILAND