Red Bull heir Vorayuth leaves Thailand

webfact

This time Thailand is under Public Scrutiny worldwide. The country can redeem spme cofidence orbecome a bigger laughing stock than it already is (if thats possible)

This has been said many times but despite that, tourists keep coming and for every expat leaving Thailand there is another one replacing him. Despite this story and the 2 italians kidnapped by thai police, the laughing stock matter does not seem bothering thai authorities until somebody posts a video on YouTube with strong evidence and all they just do is complaining because is tarnishing Thailand image. All is about image without substance here.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In most countries if you are out on bail you can leave the country. But I am surprised with Thailand having an exit passport check would not give him a hard time when leaving!

You can be on bail even if you stole a candy in a grocery. Story is about someone killing a policeman and then fleeing the scene. Next, he tries to deceive the investigation bribing a corrupt official by blaming an innocent man working for him. How many countries would let go abroad somebody like that ?

• Like 2

Actually not a bad sentence. Exiled from Thailand and forced to live in another country that does not speak Thai or have any Thai culture. Every day of his life will be spent thinking about the dead cop and his family on the run as well. Such a sad state of affairs for everyone He thought he was above the law.

• Like 1

Looks like the deal fell through. Guess when you're talking this kind of money there are literally hundreds of envelopes that need to be passed out. Miss a few or screw up the count and your case reverses a few steps. But I'm sure all will be worked out eventually and this legal nastiness will go away. In the meantime the poor guy just needs to get away and unwind.

Edited by marell

Did Chalerm assist the punk slipping out of the country?  He's got experience doing that sort of thing.

Really though, if the cops have a choice between big fat pay-offs vs justice, which one do you think they'll pick?

I know what Id pick.

Simply the way it works here.

Why the big fuss? Accept it and forget about the young millionaire. He'll be in politics in a few years.

Rich people dont go to jail.

It's all the fault of the foreigners - if the Italians hadn't invented the Ferrari this would not have happened!

Hmm it's the Italians again. Just like those guys who entrapped the good policemen of Thonglor into kidnapping them.

Don't worry about the Russians, its the Italians who are causing the most problems here.

I took a case to criminal court a while back. Someone had accused me of a crime and reported it to the police in an attempt to get me to back off a civil case.

It came to the first court date and he sent a representative who claimed not to be a lawyer to ask for a postponement. The judge was clearly annoyed and told his rep that if he couldn't be bothered to turn up, we'd just carry on without him or his lawyer.

His rep then went all batman and pulled a black cape out of his case as then announced that actually, he was a lawyer. That really annoyed the judge.

Anyway, the upshot was that we could indeed carry on without the defendant. I know there's some odd rules here about missing defendants who cannot be sentenced in absentia but can a case actually kick off without the defendant?

Well, there is more to that. The kid had a passport which did not get confiscated. Has any of the "alian" crowd gone through legal proceedings here. My neighbour took a sign off his wall which was fixed by a third party without my neighbour's consent. In taking the acrylic sign down the latter broke. The sign owner sued the neighbour who was brought in and is awaiting court ruling on damages. His passport got confiscated for the time being.
Red bull boy did not only have a passport but no check-in staff's bell rang; immigration was blind on both eyes and many Thai bystanders alike. If he walked across the border then still people must have seen illegality walking!
Pathetic indeed

Wow!

Okay, let's recap...

High on cocaine, drunk, speeding, running a copper on a bike over, dragging him along for 100 odd meters, (at least) servery injuring him and not getting out of his car to help or call for help, thus killing the guy, driving home, trying to get the familiy driver as a scapegoat, try bribing a high- rank police officer...

..and now going on a well deserved holiday!

By the way: any news on the guys who tortured the Karen- girl?

Mai pen rai!

Please move on, there is nothing to see here!

It has all been just a simple misunderstanding.

• Like 1

It's all the fault of the foreigners - if the Italians hadn't invented the Ferrari this would not have happened!

While I don't necessarily agree with your assessment, it's an <deleted> humorous one.

While I don't necessarily agree with your assessment, it's an <deleted> humorous one.

I will not agree, there is no eff.in humorous.

I have given up buying Red Bull and any of there products since the accident, might only hit them small time, but if many others follow suit it might hit this mongrel family where it hurts most.

• Like 1

Seriously though if Americans can send erykah badhu for tax evasion, an obviously misprioritized nation, how theXXXXXX can an heir get away with manslaughter, bribery and defamation? Am

I missing something???!

Because this is Thailand not America.

It's this kind of stuff that stops the rest of the world from taking Thailand seriously...

Can you tell me what countries in the rest of the world have even heard of this? Seriously. There are very few news articles about this outside of Thailand. I mentioned this to some people in Ireland, England and Canada and nobody had the faintest clue as to what I was talking about.

I always enjoy reading TV forum and news but you can not base all of your knowledge about Thailand from what you read here.

You are correct. I have many friends in Far East, Middle East and Europe. Not one has heard of this case. It may initially have been reported, but quickly forgotten, The media there just ain't interested in a country that's seen as a byword for corruption and cheap bar girls.

I've spent a lot of energy in the past defending Thailand but now keep my gob shut.

• Like 2

It's this kind of stuff that stops the rest of the world from taking Thailand seriously...

Can you tell me what countries in the rest of the world have even heard of this? Seriously. There are very few news articles about this outside of Thailand. I mentioned this to some people in Ireland, England and Canada and nobody had the faintest clue as to what I was talking about.

I always enjoy reading TV forum and news but you can not base all of your knowledge about Thailand from what you read here.

You are correct. I have many friends in Far East, Middle East and Europe. Not one has heard of this case. It may initially have been reported, but quickly forgotten, The media there just ain't interested in a country that's seen as a byword for corruption and cheap bar girls.

I've spent a lot of energy in the past defending Thailand but now keep my gob shut.

Having left, I lay out stories like this as a reason for leaving. Anyone with half a brain can see it is morally impossible to defend a story like this.

• Like 1