Red Bull heir Vorayuth leaves Thailand

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Thai people even EXPECT such elite people will face/should face the same or even similar consequences as the masses? I think that wouldn't be Thainess.

I would say we wish, but it rarely happens. Justice is as probable as miracle in Thailand. sad.png

BANGKOK: -- Attorney-General Chulasingh Vasantasingh has ordered the prosecution of Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya on three counts, including speeding, for the hit-and-run accident that killed a policeman.

Hmm The Nation, really can accounts of speeding ever come before manslaughter?? <deleted>!

The way that part of the report is constructed simply mentions speeding as it is the focus of the statute of limitations which are soon to come into force. It doesn't imply any descending level of importance.

It's certainly better than your last paragraph.

It's all the fault of the foreigners - if the Italians hadn't invented the Ferrari this would not have happened!

While I don't necessarily agree with your assessment, it's an <deleted> humorous one.

I will not agree, there is no eff.in humorous.

What about eff in funny?

• Like 1

This time Thailand is under Public Scrutiny worldwide. The country can redeem spme cofidence orbecome a bigger laughing stock than it already is (if thats possible)

It is a chance for the Thai judicial system to show it can carry out it's duties properly.

It would be nice if this was followed worldwide but I doubt it is or will be.

This time Thailand is under Public Scrutiny worldwide. The country can redeem spme cofidence orbecome a bigger laughing stock than it already is (if thats possible)

It is a chance for the Thai judicial system to show it can carry out it's duties properly.

It would be nice if this was followed worldwide but I doubt it is or will be.

If he gets convicted can he sit on the board?

• Like 1

I see legislation in motion:

1: When released on Bail your Passport is revoked! On the spot!

1A: If found trying to exit Thailand, immedate apprehention and lock-up. No recourse, Bail Doubled.

2: Lucritive for BIB? How about 5,000 Baht per day missing Court Dates.

2A: If a Total "No Show" Warrant and Additional Fine of 10,000,000 Baht be assessed from Day 1, Duplicated every 30 Days Individual is missing. No recourse, No Rebuttal!

3: Bail automaticly revoked! No rebutal!

4: Bail "Forfitted" Goes to Royal Thai Police Assistance Fund" For those Families of Members "Killed in the Line of Duty".

5: Use VORAYUTH as Poster boy to make this BIB Campaign hit home!

Anybody add anything else to incite movement to stop this sort of thing from Happening? I found if you make it favorable to the BIB it tends to get resolved quicker!

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed.
  • Like 1

Too bad gambling is illegal in Thailand (((cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ))), otherwise I would like to place a bet on the chance that this criminal is never going to do any time in prison...

Can you even start to imagine what would be the outcome of this show-'trial' if it was a foreigner who did the same things?!?!?

I rest my case wai.gif We all know the outcome already coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I see legislation in motion:

1: When released on Bail your Passport is revoked! On the spot!

1A: If found trying to exit Thailand, immedate apprehention and lock-up. No recourse, Bail Doubled.

2: Lucritive for BIB? How about 5,000 Baht per day missing Court Dates.

2A: If a Total "No Show" Warrant and Additional Fine of 10,000,000 Baht be assessed from Day 1, Duplicated every 30 Days Individual is missing. No recourse, No Rebuttal!

3: Bail automaticly revoked! No rebutal!

4: Bail "Forfitted" Goes to Royal Thai Police Assistance Fund" For those Families of Members "Killed in the Line of Duty".

5: Use VORAYUTH as Poster boy to make this BIB Campaign hit home!

Anybody add anything else to incite movement to stop this sort of thing from Happening? I found if you make it favorable to the BIB it tends to get resolved quicker!

Arrest warrant, man hunt, flee

The incredible three

If you're rich and have influential Family connections you are free

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by metisdead

More than 20 years ago, my ex and her sister left me completely speechless/stunned when talking about a similar situation. Rich kid, caught with serious drugs, if I remember rightly. They said he should not go to jail. Why? Because he's handsome and comes from a rich family. He shouldn't be treated like a common criminal, poor guy. (that was the gist of their argument, anyway)

If the average person believes that, then what hope is there?

Exactly. It's ingrained. Know your place and respect the place of your so called betters.

• Like 2

I wonder if this affair will effect Red Bull's status in F1. This guy & the family are a disgrace thinking a paltry sum of money (by their standards) can buy them redemption in the eyes of the general public yet I also wonder how many F1 fans around the world actually know of this story.

• Like 1

More than 20 years ago, my ex and her sister left me completely speechless/stunned when talking about a similar situation. Rich kid, caught with serious drugs, if I remember rightly. They said he should not go to jail. Why? Because he's handsome and comes from a rich family. He shouldn't be treated like a common criminal, poor guy. (that was the gist of their argument, anyway)

Exactly. It's ingrained. Know your place and respect the place of your so called betters.

Everyday happening, My large waste bin was stolen by a well to do neighbour, another good neighbour said do not report him or he will have the police kill you.

• Like 2

Next week he will be the new Senior Vice-President for Red Bull America, based in New York. Since he will not have a boss to report to, should make his job very easy. I thought when you are on trial for causing the death of another person, your passport is taken to stop you from fleeing?

This is great news !!!!! His fleeing clearly means he feels that there is some chance of justice

being served upon him by the court. So time to do the classic Thai runner. I suspect if this incident

happened twenty years ago, he would not have thought for one second that he would actually

face any form of punishment besides handing over chump change to the victim's family.

So the criminal justice is clearly moving forward here !!! [ sarcasm button off]

This is great news !!!!! His fleeing clearly means he feels that there is some chance of justice

being served upon him by the court. So time to do the classic Thai runner. I suspect if this incident

happened twenty years ago, he would not have thought for one second that he would actually

face any form of punishment besides handing over chump change to the victim's family.

So the criminal justice is clearly moving forward here !!! [ sarcasm button off]

Perversely, it's progress.....

Next week he will be the new Senior Vice-President for Red Bull America, based in New York. Since he will not have a boss to report to, should make his job very easy. I thought when you are on trial for causing the death of another person, your passport is taken to stop you from fleeing?

Pretty sure they take the passport from a farang charged for a similar offense, but such petty and insulting

rules clearly do not apply to the hiso elites....

Everyday happening, My large waste bin was stolen by a well to do neighbour, another good neighbour said do not report him or he will have the police kill you.

An interesting statement. Not for the fact that some lunatic hot tempered Thai would have a person killed over a

waste bin, but rather the fact the neighbor said a policeman would do it...... That is something I have maintained for years , is that the police are doing a lot of the killings. Given the amazing amount of hatred the average Thai has for the police, I can't help but wonder if there are more than a few Thais that were happy at the thought of one less policeman due to the spoiled brat... They are probably wondering why the farangs are kicking up such a fuss !!! :-)

• Like 2

That is not my experience. Most thai people I know are disgusted with this sort of thing but are resigned to it.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see a video of his high priced attorney telling the judge and sage panel of jurists: Your honor, the bail of Bt.150,000 (or whatever it was) is too high. I can assure you my client is not a flight risk. He's basically a good boy from a prestigious and very rich family. There is no chance that he would run away from his responsibilities."

This may turn out like Chalerm's youngest son - who also allegedly murdered a cop and fled. Also; in both cases, there were no other suspects.

The Red Bull heir stays away for awhile. The mega-rich dad has discussions with judge and top cops. When a cushy enough deal is made, the kid comes back, and the sappy Thai public is supposed to think: "Oh, he sat beside his mother and wai-ed, he must be really sorry. Let's forgive him." Thai women will think, because he's handsome and mega-rich, that anything can be forgiven.

Plus, in a country so mired in superstition, Thais will believe that it must have been the policeman's time to die, and nothing could have changed that. In other words, it was pre-destined to happen, so why cry over spilled milk? The coke-head driving 90 miles an hour in a 25 mph zone, who smashed the cop on his windshield, was merely playing his role in the karmic dance.

• Like 1

This may turn out like Chalerm's youngest son - who also allegedly murdered a cop and fled.  Also; in both cases, there were no other suspects.

Allegedly? There were 25 witnesses!

He's in the government now.

Was he actually convicted and found guilty?