Temple Doi Suthep. Going up NOT by the stairs NOR by the elevator but this time through the air...

rcpilot

great stuff

loved the little girls running for their life smile.png

that will give them something to remember / tell their friends smile.png

are these drones something like you use but bigger ?

dave2

Basically they are all the same, propellors facing up (or down) and no wing at all.

The ones in your picture can not lift very much (I am afraid). Some years ago a German guy flew one while he was sitting on it.

So you can buy/make them any size.

And any number of motors between 3 and 8 as well as any size of motors, depending on the payload you need (camera (GoPro/compact/DSLR), gimbal, batteries, telemetry-radio, video downlink radio, etc. It all adds up.

Mine are some 60-70cm total width. Easy to transport in the car.

i remember i pay 50baht to use the elevator..

so, it is free if you choose to walk up using the stairs??

It is free but in reality walking up the stairs costs you quite a lot of energy.

And the food and drinks upstairs are not free!

• Like 1

It is free but in reality walking up the stairs costs you quite a lot of energy.

i am still young..

gonna try walking up. :):)

i am still young..

gonna try walking up. smile.png:)

Come with us; we walk up 2 or 3 times a week,..and yesterday we had the pleasure of seeing you guys with your toys at the top trying to get some footage. we did remark between us that we thought you were waiting for the mist to lift over the airport area.

from our epxerience though, unless it is cracking sunshine 10am is not a good time to get clear views, leave it til midday. we havent seen the airport more than twice in the last month

what a fascinating piece of kit though; enjoyed watching the engine driver and his oily rag at work.

As I said after your Wualai Road vid--I really wish that your pieces were a bit longer--is this an SD card size limitation issue--I presume even these short video shoots record a large amount of data? I still think that what you are doing is great--like everyone else I would love to have a rig and play around, nearest thing to going up on a microlight this this old chicken is going to get.

re

i am still young..

gonna try walking up

i did it once in 05 and i could probably walk down them now

but going up 309 steps at 64 aint happening

for this plonker any more sad.png

dave2

ps .. just before the top there used to be an office on the right where you paid the entry fee ! ... maybe its gone now ?

post-42592-0-14971800-1377996309_thumb.j

RcPilot Would it be possible and would you care to show a photo of your rig? I know I would be very interested in seeing what it looks like and I am pretty sure there are some others who would also like to see it.

If not , we understand.

Great stuff ., all of them..... keep them coming

By the sounds of the interest level , some bright young entrepreneur should get the franchise/sales rights for machines liike yours.

G

• Like 1

re

Make's no difference the view is stunning from over head.

aggreed smile.png .... and the next one ?

from thaphae gate going straight up to give you a view of sunday walking street possibly the three kings monument to the right and wat cheddi luang to the left

then wat prah singh and doi suthep in the background would look good smile.png

respect to rc pilot smile.png

dave2

post-42592-0-20426500-1378004428_thumb.j

• Like 1

re

Make's no difference the view is stunning from over head.

aggreed smile.png .... and the next one ?

from thaphae gate going straight up to give you a view of sunday walking street possibly the three kings monument to the right and wat cheddi luang to the left

then wat prah singh and doi suthep in the background would look good smile.png

respect to rc pilot smile.png

dave2

That would be awesome. but I bet it would require a lot of editing. The photography is excellent A1. It would be nice if one had knowledgable commentary on it. I know I would be buying the discs to send to friends.smile.png

RcPilot Would it be possible and would you care to show a photo of your rig? I know I would be very interested in seeing what it looks like and I am pretty sure there are some others who would also like to see it.

If not , we understand.

I've been planning to ask the same question as I am also quite interested in the setup. The vids are very stable and when looking around on YouTube they show the use of gimbals to stabilize it. Seen vids with and without. Without the gimbals it has a jelly appearance to it or vibration. You can see the difference between a wire mounted camera and gimbal mount in this vid. The gimbals used in the vid are around 2700 Baht which is pretty good price.

All I have to say is........ RCpilot , you and Tywais are forcing me into religious language.....

" LEAD ME NOT INTO TEMPTATION "

wai2.gif

The entry point is pretty low. Saw one of the parrot ones at a store at Airport plaza. Has a small camera built in and has a 50m range. Probably a good way to test the water without much risk for less than 6000baht...Yes I was tempted but resisted.....

• Like 1

Nice one, op, and the p0rn-esque sound is just the ticket. wink.png

eden: it is 30 baht to get in on foot (by stairs) for those of the farang persuasion; free with license, or if you hide behind a thicket of locals near the top step and err to the right.

G

OK Gonzo the Face, you asked for it.

IMG_8613_800.jpg

You see that the copter is quite simple, it really is a workhorse. The flightcontroller, with compass, accelerometers, gyros, altimeter and gps together with the firmware, with lots of adjustable parameters, makes it a special machine.

Adjusting the parameters makes it a very smooth flying machine. I hardly feel the need for a sophisticated gimbal but one day I will mount one in the airframe.

There are quite some peripherals giving me real time info. An app on the tablet shows a HUD display with flightdata and Google Maps, showing the location of the quad on the map, logs, etc. The app also can give commands to the copter in midair.

The monitor shows me what a tiny videocamera in the copter sees and it also shows me an overlay with a lot of flight data like airspeed, altitude, vario, artificial horizon, pitch, roll, heading, number of gps sats, flight modes, battery conditions and all kinds of warnings. All the info is realtime.

In fact, it is a flying robot. The copter is able to fly missions (with waypoints, loiter, etc.) fully autonomous.

And some day it could crash. Also fully autonomous. That's why I do not fly above crowds, like the Saturday- or Sunday walking streets, or roads with pedestrians, motorbikes, cars, etc.

Enough info?

Unbelievable that such a chopter can make such stunning video's!!!!!

• Like 2

I understand that you have real time view from the copter as well as a HUD with altitude and heading.

So I presume that you do not need "visual contact" with your copter.

I wonder what are your limitations to horizontal and vertical range?

RCPilot , many thanks for that photo of your outfit..... Looks great and does a great job.

From this mornings edition of USA Today, an article re the rc helicopters.... I know that this is not a report on CM but it is directly related to what we are talking about.

I am sure you do, but please use extreme caution when using your rchelio...... both for yourself and any others , there in the area.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/05/teen-nyc-remote-control-helicopter/2773501/

g

Edited by Gonzo the Face