Is your Thai GF/Wife also your best friend?

Southerndrawl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

My best friend has 4 legs and better breath than many Thais I know.

Anyway, I'm sick and bitter. My human companion is sitting here watching the muay thai fights and eating something stinky. I'm sick because someone shared a horrid cold with me and my sinuses are ready to explode and my throat hurts. I know the culprit is sitting here..........

YOUR dog watrches muai thai and has a cold lol lol

You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without .Sometimes I think my wife is so amazing that I don't know why she is with me. I don't know whether I'm good enough. But if I make her happy, then I'm everything I want to be. My wife is everything to me . Life is good with her.

Yes the hard part is finding that someone...

• Like 2

Love my wife and we do every thing together. Either In Thailand or the uk. Is that not what marriage is all about?

I think that helps a marriage alot if you are friends as well as companions and lovers. In this situation, I would always ask myself "would you do that to a friend" and if the answer is no, then I would try and not do it such as look at other women or flirt.

My ex GF and my ex wife were both very cool girls, didnt care what people thought, and were free spirits. But I never really considered my ex wife my real friend, but she was a great wife and a great wingman(girl) because she always covered my 6. (6 oclock position in dog fights is your most vulnerable for those non aviation people).

Its strange that I didnt consider my farang ex wife as much of a friend as my ex Thai GF. My farang ex wife and I had so much in common, religion, liked the same music, loved travel, but she just wasnt someone I would hang out with if she wasnt my wife. My Thai ex GF didnt like any of the same music, different religion, much younger, but I would consider hanging out with her as a friend if she wasnt my GF.

I have to say that I have really been able to focus on what I really want when I return to Thailand thanks to some great responses here and to my previous post. The TV voice of reason and experience is awesome and thanks for all the great opinions and suggestions.

Edited by Southerndrawl
  • Like 1

When you discover that your wife is indeed your best friend, then your marriage will likely succeed. There are things we talk about that we won't discuss with others. and things we do that is no business of others...............wink.png

But, there are things about my past that she still doesn't know, and things about hers that I don't know, however if asked either way, there would be no hiding it. That is what makes friendships; trust.

That said, we have only been married for 14 years, so there are still some secrets to be discussed on rainy nights if the TV is cr@p.............thumbsup.gif

IMEHO of course.

Good post chrisinth, but I believe what happened in my wifes past before she met me is none of my business, and vice versa. If I found out now that my wife was a bargirl, my attitude would be, it does not matter, it was in the past. We have had eight happy years together, that's what counts.

• Like 2

When you discover that your wife is indeed your best friend, then your marriage will likely succeed. There are things we talk about that we won't discuss with others. and things we do that is no business of others...............Posted Image

But, there are things about my past that she still doesn't know, and things about hers that I don't know, however if asked either way, there would be no hiding it. That is what makes friendships; trust.

That said, we have only been married for 14 years, so there are still some secrets to be discussed on rainy nights if the TV is  cr@p.............Posted Image

IMEHO of course.

Good post chrisinth, but I believe what happened in my wifes past before she met me is none of my business, and vice versa. If I found out now that my wife was a bargirl, my attitude would be, it does not matter, it was in the past. We have had eight happy years together, that's what counts.

Whatever was in her past made her the person you fell in love with today, it's often better off left in the past.

You can't change her past (nor should you if you could -see Butterfly Effect) and ultimately you didn't walk her past - if a person can't let it go then they should only look for young virgins with no life experiences to have a boring yet controlled existence with.

My wife is a great and good friend. We mesh well and share secrets but as much as I wish I could remove any painful experiences she's ever had, a better option is to heal them moving forwards.

... And load her up with fresh pain for I am a man after all!

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

• Like 2

When you discover that your wife is indeed your best friend, then your marriage will likely succeed. There are things we talk about that we won't discuss with others. and things we do that is no business of others...............wink.png

That said, we have only been married for 14 years, so there are still some secrets to be discussed on rainy nights if the TV is cr@p.............thumbsup.gif

IMEHO of course.

Whatever was in her past made her the person you fell in love with today, it's often better off left in the past.

You can't change her past (nor should you if you could -see Butterfly Effect) and ultimately you didn't walk her past - if a person can't let it go then they should only look for young virgins with no life experiences to have a boring yet controlled existence with.

My wife is a great and good friend. We mesh well and share secrets but as much as I wish I could remove any painful experiences she's ever had, a better option is to heal them moving forwards.

... And load her up with fresh pain for I am a man after all!

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Very well said.

• Like 1