The current, largest data cap, 3G plans?

wpcoe

I spent a confusing hour or so googling and navigating the DTAC, AIS and TrueMove-H web sites trying to find the best 3G data package with the largest data allowance before Fair Use capping to an EDGE (or slower) speed. This is what I found:

TrueMove-H: 5GB before dropping to 128Kbps, for B899

post-33251-0-35333700-1377947987_thumb.g

(http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/iplay/entry/654)

DTAC: 7GB before dropping to 384k, for B999

post-33251-0-55687500-1377948030_thumb.g

(http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/products/aircard-tablet-unlimited.html)

AIS: 7GB before dropping to 384k, for B999

post-33251-0-60674500-1377948053_thumb.g

(http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-one2call-netsim-3g.html)

Are there larger capacity plans and/or same-capacity plans but for a lower price? I don't care if it's prepaid or postpaid. I'm researching alternates for my condo where I may not be able to get wired broadband.

TrueMove H had a 10 GB/1,699 THB plan. Not sure if is still available.

One, or more, of TOT;s MVNOs, had a truly unlimited plan.

Believe TOT have a totally uncapped plan (GB) but speed is capped at 2 Mbps. "Perfect Storm", sounds like a Castle novel, http://www.tot3g.net/PromotionInfo.aspx?pid=23

At first glance, B1,699 seems like a lot, but if I were to try the B999 7GB plans and keep getting shaped down to 384K, then it might rationalize it to be more reasonable.

How do you find these TOT MVNOs? I've heard about them occasionally, but don't know any name, web site, or where to find them.

"Perfect Storn?" blink.png Boy, dropping down to 2Mbps sure would be a walk down memory lane. A walk I'd rather not do again...

Dtac have an unlimited plan but wont advertise it. Same price just no cap.

Do you mean that DTAC has a B999 monthly 3G plan with no cap/no FUP shaping? What would I ask for in the DTAC shop if I get the expected blank stare? smile.png

(Is it pre- or post-paid?)

Dtac have an unlimited plan but wont advertise it. Same price just no cap.

Do you mean that DTAC has a B999 monthly 3G plan with no cap/no FUP shaping?  What would I ask for in the DTAC shop if I get the expected blank stare?  Posted Image

(Is it pre- or post-paid?)

Postpaid contract on dtac, think it was the 790 package (used to be the top one).

Used to be capped, phoned and asked nicely and it was removed for no extra charge. We do have numerous company postpaid sims so cant say if that was a deciding factor or not.

Postpaid contract on dtac, think it was the 790 package (used to be the top one).

Used to be capped, phoned and asked nicely and it was removed for no extra charge. We do have numerous company postpaid sims so cant say if that was a deciding factor or not.

Ah, that's probably a corporate account. But, I can still ask, I guess.

I pay around bt600 for CAT 3G 5GB limit then 384

totster smile.png

Actually that would be good *IF* I could start a new package before the 30 days is up. I know on True, you have to finish your 30-day period at 128K (or, in my case, 384k) before you can start a new package. I assume that's the same with all the providers? I'd be happy to buy a 5GB package for B600, and if/when I hit 5GB, then spend another B600. That's 10GB for B1,200.

Hmmmm. What I just wrote is for the 30-day packages with shaping. What about the fixed-GB-amount plans that do NOT shape to a lower speed. With those, can I just start a new plan immediately after I hit the GB limit?

If you live in condo, you should be able to get adsl one way or another.

Oh, if that were only true, my friend. If it were only true. Don't forget what country we're in.

You can stack pre-paid plans as you desire. With some you need to cancel, then re-subscribe.

Some pre-paid plans offer power-up options, DTAC does this when you near your cap, they offer another 1 GB for 150 THB.

As mentioned in your RE thread, AIS AirNET or 3BB Wireless may be available. TOT WiNET may not be available, but you should ask.

http://www.ais.co.th/airnet/th/

http://www.3bb.co.th/product/product_detail.php?lang=&id=2095

You can stack pre-paid plans as you desire. With some you need to cancel, then re-subscribe.

A friend of mine uses a 2GB FUP prepaid TrueMove-H plan and when he hits the 2GB wall, if he wants to start a new 2GB period, is it an easy transaction to cancel/resubscribe? Can it be done with *nn*nn# type of entries? Or, should he switch to a non-FUP 2GB plan, and if so, would that let him start a new non-FUP 2GB plan immediately with out fussing with canceling/resubscribing?

Thanks for the heads up on the AIS/3BB WiFi plans.

I'm in Indonesia at moment and one can buy as many prepaid plans as one can afford after each runs out of 3G cap limit within a period. I.e Buy a 3GB /month plan for xxxIDR then when the 3GB a,mount is reached drop back from 3G/H speed to Egde. If Edge is fast enough stay on plan til end of month at no extra cost or, if not top up again with another plan and start a new month from top up date.

Cannot this be done in Thailand, if not why would the restriction be there if we are willing to buy it?

Cannot this be done in Thailand

This can be done in Thailand. IME, with TrueMove H and DTAC/Happy, I was required to cancel my existing/current plan, via a phone call to customer service (DTAC/Happy) or IVR (TrueMove H), and then re-subscribe to another plan, via USSD.

I pay around bt600 for CAT 3G 5GB limit then 384

totster xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

i bbelieve that price currently is 750thb+VAT....at least that what i was told this week asking them.

Believe these are the current My by CAT (850 MHz) post-paid plans/prices.

http://www.mybycat.com/products.php?id=14&sid=81〈=th

I pay bt590 +vat (just checked last months bill) - I guess this is a grandfathered price from when I was using the CDMA service.

totster :)

I'm in Indonesia at moment and one can buy as many prepaid plans as one can afford after each runs out of 3G cap limit within a period. I.e Buy a 3GB /month plan for xxxIDR then when the 3GB a,mount is reached drop back from 3G/H speed to Egde. If Edge is fast enough stay on plan til end of month at no extra cost or, if not top up again with another plan and start a new month from top up date.

Cannot this be done in Thailand, if not why would the restriction be there if we are willing to buy it?

A new sim is only 49 baht. Stock as many sims as you need and buy more data if you need. That simple.

With special dual or triple wan device, you can double or triple your 128/256/384 kbit internet if you are willing to do so :) But it will cost unnecessarily expensive.

A new sim is only 49 baht. Stock as many sims as you need and buy more data if you need. That simple.

But a new SIM means new phone # in a smart phone?? Why the hassle? Why not just top up existing SIM account AND without hassle of phoning (DTAC in my case) to cancel existing plan? Surely a top up could just cancel existing plan as you top up?? By what I read here that isn't possible? I wonder why? Curious?

I think for some with straight-up data connections, using a USB aircard, MiFi, 3G router, multiple SIM's/phone numbers are not an issue.

Regarding starting a new mobile data plan, pre-paid plans run month-to-month, typically for 12 months or ad infinitum. You can cancel a pre-paid mobile data plan at any time, without notice. In order to begin a new plan, the old plan must be cancelled. Some service providers offer USSD/SMS commands in order to cancel a plan - I seem to recall the old TrueMove did have this option (eg. send SMS to 9789, CV1), and DTAC have a free IVR cancellation option.

Until the customer informs the service provider of a wish to cancel a plan, a new plan on an existing SIM cannot be started. How would a service provider know the customer wants to cancel unless the customer so informs them?

It is fairly simple to call, or use IVR, SMS or USSD, to cancel an existing plan. Wait for SMS confirmation, add value, re-subscribe to a new data plan.

For DTAC: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

How to cancel internet package services
  • IVR automated service dialhicon.pnghicon1.pnghicon0.pnghicon0.pnghicon4.pnghicon1.pngiconcall(1).pnghicon9.png (free of charge)
  • dtac call center, dial 1678 press 77 (3 Baht/call, include 7% VAT )
  • dtac service centers and dtac centers nationwide
  • Like 1

But a new SIM means new phone # in a smart phone?? Why the hassle? Why not just top up existing SIM account AND without hassle of phoning (DTAC in my case) to cancel existing plan? Surely a top up could just cancel existing plan as you top up?? By what I read here that isn't possible? I wonder why? Curious?

Who cares new number in an Aircard / Mifi device? For smartphone usage, 128-256-384 kbit unlimited speed is more than enough for checking websites, emails etc. For computer usage, you don't have to use your telephone for this. 21Mbit aircards start from 990 baht.

Who cares new number in an Aircard / Mifi device? For smartphone usage, 128-256-384 kbit unlimited speed is more than enough for checking websites, emails etc. For computer usage, you don't have to use your telephone for this. 21Mbit aircards start from 990 baht.

It depends on user. I accept an aircard probably works for you. In my case it is far easier to use my smart phone with either wifi hotspot or a USB cable to get instant net access, so one less aircard device to worry about. I use it at HSPA speeds to browse the net on my laptop whilst travelling and 3G speeds help a lot. I thank lomatopo's answer on how to cancel prepaid plans - sounds easy enough, just not as easy as Simpati prepaid in Indonesia at the moment :-)

Some service providers offer USSD/SMS commands in order to cancel a plan - I seem to recall the old TrueMove did have this option (eg. send SMS to 9789, CV1), and DTAC have a free IVR cancellation option.

Aha! That's what I've been hoping to find. I'll have my friend who's on a 2GB prepaid True data plan try that next time he hits the FUP limit to see if he can then immediately start a new 2GB plan. With any luck, TrueMove H uses that old TrueMove hack.

If it were my phone and I wanted to cancel a plan, I think I could manage with a phone call to True customer service. However, he's not tech savvy and if he didn't know exactly how to ask would then get confused. It was nerve-wracking enough for him to even top up his True account at 7-11, that he now has set up online bank transfers to his True account. With online bank transfers, he does exactly the same thing every time, so it's not stressful. Going to the 7-11 and getting a different clerk each time with differing communication skills, and well... you get the picture.