500,000 GBP to invest

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your title would encourage the trolls, assuming you want some real comments the first question to ask is I have 500,000 £ or bts? how or where should I invest it?

The 2nd is what is my risk aversion?

Its easy to spend someone elses money, dont forget that.

You can get around 3% here which is better than the UK.

If you want a longer term solution you could look at the stock markets, what do you know of the the UK stock market and the Thai stock market?

The UK one is tighter regulated but you still have to pick your stocks in either market and they can go up or down, its your choice and are you looking for growth or dividends?

You may be able to handle financial scam artists which despite clampdowns remain ubiquitous in Th but are you able to handleThai women? Any Thai woman will put any of these skanks to shame.

Any Thai woman? I think we keep different company mate.

The only people I have ever met that repeatedly use the term 'mate' with people that they have never met and are probably never likely to in a different situation, are the Indian tailors on beach road mate.

Could somebody advise me which banks pay 3% in the UK or alternatively offshore accounts paying a similar amount in GBP? The best I can manage is 1.95% with Barclays, but for 12 months only. It then reverts to 0.5%!

NZ banks are paying 4% p.a for a 1 year term. Tax free if you're a non resident.

Poor return, you can get over 9% here

http://www.csb.co.in/asp/0100text.asp?pageId=43

Could somebody advise me which banks pay 3% in the UK or alternatively offshore accounts paying a similar amount in GBP? The best I can manage is 1.95% with Barclays, but for 12 months only. It then reverts to 0.5%!

NZ banks are paying 4% p.a for a 1 year term. Tax free if you're a non resident.

and lose 22% within 4 months! ohmy.png

post-35218-0-62257400-1378074580_thumb.j

• Like 1

"oh danny boy the b.s.is calling"

Meatboy, thankfully......I'm not you. Don't use yourself to judge how others go about their lives. Though as a bottom feeder, you prolly already know that you failed to reach the exceptionally low goals you set yourself.

big fish love feeding on the bottom.

and as for reaching the heights they have already gone behond my expectations,but i dont brag about them.

my meat is in the pudding.

he who brags first brags last.

The "Catholic Syrian Bank". Now that looks like a totally risk free investment to me. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

• Like 1

The "Catholic Syrian Bank". Now that looks like a totally risk free investment to me. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

it's not a Syrian but an Indian bank.

Be careful with guys who contact you or suggest you contact them from this board or similar.

I talk from bad experience... there are a lot of crooks out there who want to get their hands on your money.

Firstly don't advertise the fact too much........ do not be a target.

FA who tour the Middle East are not to be trusted.

All their vehicles put the risk on you....they get commissions win or lose!

Property in the right area will always be a good investment.

Good stocks that pay regular dividends are nice too but beware we are in a bubble until the QE situation is beyond us.

How old are you.... no need to invest long term if you are already quite old.

I too left the Middle East with a wad... two losses, both somewhat more than your 30k , have made me a true cynic.

Edited by jacko45k

A quick google brings up this site: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest

Didn't read the page but they do claim 3% fixed with easy access.

Here is a post made by DannyDubai in another thread

Thai business woman jailed in UK for running Ponzi Scheme Link to that thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664371-thai-business-woman-jailed-in-uk-for-running-ponzi-scheme/page-2#entry6780452

post number 38

Well, I am sure that it took brains to run this operation so I hope she managed to stash away some where the Brits cant get it and she has something when she returns to Thailand after she is deported.

I think danny maybe less than honest!!!!

• Like 2

Cmon dunque - we're ALL experts, otherwise why would anyone be silly enough to come here and ask for our investment advice ?? wink.png

Exactly! Asking for input and gathering info not asking to be told what to do.

Get a grip man, do you honestly think so Cat would come on here, read a few posts and run off to the nearesr merchant bank with a print out of said post?

LOL

Whooo there boy. Why are all of your replies so bitter? Every one of them apart from 1 on the first page. This topic is quite interesting, however every 2 or 3 posts you pipe up and flame people off. Their trying to help you and give you free advice. You don't have to scold every single reply you don't like. Sheesh. Jai yen yen

I've done jack shit for 13 years here and I wouldn't recommend it.... I am destined for an early grave if I stay in this wonderful and crazy country...so I am heading back next April to the UK...

invest 300.000 in poland or ex-yugoslavia or any other growing country in that area. sleep on the 200.000 and do jack shit like i do (except for studying, cycling and watching the ocean).

(or check out burma if you wanna stay in a highly risky SE-asia environment)

I'm assuming you'll be taking a crackerjack CV with you after 13 years of doing 'jack shit' : investment banking or real estate sales back in the UK ?

Cmon dunque - we're ALL experts, otherwise why would anyone be silly enough to come here and ask for our investment advice ?? wink.png

Get a grip man, do you honestly think so Cat would come on here, read a few posts and run off to the nearesr merchant bank with a print out of said post?

LOL

Whooo there boy. Why are all of your replies so bitter? Every one of them apart from 1 on the first page. This topic is quite interesting, however every 2 or 3 posts you pipe up and flame people off. Their trying to help you and give you free advice. You don't have to scold every single reply you don't like. Sheesh. Jai yen yen

I'd save my keystrokes, paangjang - I suspect he barely even reads our posts in his haste to bang out a reply.

• Like 1

My question - how would you invest the booty? I had a FA once in Kuwait but the dodgy little git gave me crap advise

So you've decided to move up to the high quality advice available here at TV?

Preservation of capital ought to be your main objective in these uncertain times. You ought to be comfortable with what you have and not look for anything aside from the most conservative investments. Seek advice from an established firm back in the UK and ignore any suggestions or offers from this forum (aside from me of course smile.png ) or anywhere else on the Internet.

Although I do have a bridge available in Brooklyn if you're interested.

Nice lookin' bridge, mate.

How much do you want for it?

"oh danny boy the b.s.is calling"

Meatboy, thankfully......I'm not you. Don't use yourself to judge how others go about their lives. Though as a bottom feeder, you prolly already know that you failed to reach the exceptionally low goals you set yourself.

big fish love feeding on the bottom.

and as for reaching the heights they have already gone behond my expectations,but i dont brag about them.

my meat is in the pudding.

he who brags first brags last.

The gin will kill you, Lush.

LOL

Free advice, Buckaroo, is not stating the obvious.

LOL

I'd save my keystrokes, paangjang - I suspect he barely even reads our posts in his haste to bang out a reply.

Im sorry, I missed your 'advice' - are you referring to your political posts earlier? Was that advice?

Why would you even think about asking that question on this forum. You are either a person with 58 I.Q. or the question is Bulls**t/Bullocks or however you want to say it.

There is a massive space between posting up a question on a forum and being told what to do (and following it). Lets be honest, om 7 pages of responses, after you remove all the armchair hardmen, the only good suggestion is buy more property.

Here is a post made by DannyDubai in another thread

Thai business woman jailed in UK for running Ponzi Scheme Link to that thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664371-thai-business-woman-jailed-in-uk-for-running-ponzi-scheme/page-2#entry6780452

post number 38

Well, I am sure that it took brains to run this operation so I hope she managed to stash away some where the Brits cant get it and she has something when she returns to Thailand after she is deported.

I think danny maybe less than honest!!!!

In response to you calling me less than honest.....She ripped off greedy people, classic scam. Good luck to her. That's how these scams work.

I am pretty honest BUT I work in the middle east .........what more can I say. Look at BAE, Britain's largest export agreement and a slush fund to match. Im as dishonest as everyone else doing business in the sand.

Edited by DannyDubai