Ubon Airport ro Sisaket

LuckyLew

Is there a VIP Van service from Ubon Ratchatani Airport to Sisaket?

If yes ..

Anyone know the schedule departures from Ubon airport?

Cost per person?

If there is no van service ...

Does anyone know the cost of a metered taxi from Ubon Airport to Sisaket?

Thanks in avance

10 baht per km is what I was last charged for a taxi from Ubon to Det Udon (500 baht total) so my guess would be around 8 - 900 baht for Sisaket.

No VIP vans that I am aware of. Not from the airport anyway - perhaps from the bus station but I doubt it.

Just remember thought that the metered taxis are not allowed to come into the airport terminal but have to wait outside (400m walk) Also worth asking the taxi desk in the arrivals area as they maybe able to do it for around 1,000 baht.

Memock is quite right. A taxi can deliver to the Airport however they are not permitted to pick up as Memock pointed out for the reason he gives. Its a bit of a walk out to the front gate where they hang out or you can book a taxi by phone to pick you up at the front gate and the taxi operator will give you the taxi car number. Embarrassing situation for Ubon I feel.

• Like 1

Here's my input. You could take a taxi from Ubon to Sisaket, which is 650 baht.

Or:

Take a taxi from the airport and drive to the bus station. 40 baht. Then take a van to Sisaket, there's one at least every hour.

The ride to Sisaket also takes about an hour.

Van=: 50 baht.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

When you exit the baggage claim area at Ubon airport if you look to you left there are 2 booths there that provide point to point limo service. One of them should be able to get your where you want to go.

The first one on the left is Chow Wattana. I've used them heaps of times although not to Sisaket.

045 243443, 241906, 242202. They can give you a quote/estimate.

In all fairness they pay a fair bit for the floor space and airport privilege, it's hardly surprising they would be "miffed" if the meter taxis had terminal access.

(I will say though that three quarters of the car park is taken up by rental cars leaving very little space for passenger use; annoying at peak times)

(I will say though that three quarters of the car park is taken up by rental cars leaving very little space for passenger use; annoying at peak times)

Three quarters? Is it really that many? Parking has gotten ridiculous for sure. They are planning to expand it though. From an article in 2012: "Expansion of Ubon Ratchathani airport is also planned (passenger terminal, aircraft parking), with a budget of Bt360 million to support 4 million passengers/year to be renovated in 2014-2016." In 2012, passenger traffic was only 733k. No idea if these plans have changed though. Total traffic is actually down 9% compared to last year.

Edited by ubonrthai

When you exit the baggage claim area at Ubon airport if you look to you left there are 2 booths there that provide point to point limo service. One of them should be able to get your where you want to go.

The first one on the left is Chow Wattana. I've used them heaps of times although not to Sisaket.

045 243443, 241906, 242202. They can give you a quote/estimate.

In all fairness they pay a fair bit for the floor space and airport privilege, it's hardly surprising they would be "miffed" if the meter taxis had terminal access.

Why would you like to pay more than twice if brand new taxis are driving to Sisaket for 650 baht?-wai2.gif