SantiSuk

ARSENAL

Minimum needs (to compete for EPL title):

World-class striker

World-class CAM or DM

National class CB

National class GK

Quality press rumours:

Karim Benzema / Angel Di Maria (RM Striker)

Mesut Ozil (RM CAM)

Julian Draxler (Schalke CAM) - Podolski trade?

Johan Cabaye (Newcastle CAM)

Nobody? (CB)

Emiliano Viviano (GK Palermo - and Italy no 2)

Comment:

Rabbits and Hats needed. No time to bask in team effort having overcome Spurs spend broad approach. Current squad does not make top 4, let-alone no 1 (no back-up for key injuries in at least 3 positions). Benzema must be a long shot (Di Maria too wide for that role?) and I worry about the lack of prospect of a serious central striker being added alongside/rotating with Giroud and the lack of talk of any kind of CB, let alone a national class one.

We can expect Wenger to pull a world class or upcoming national class midfielder out of the hat - that's were he has always excelled. Unless MU have Mata stitched up (their needs are more glaring at CAM than ours) it will be a dog-fight on price for Ozil today. I wait for my knowledgeable Bundesliga/EPL sister (how many of you can say thatbiggrin.png ) to wake up to find out whether Draxler would be a better second choice than Cabaye, but Cabaye must be cheap as chips by now, having burnt all boats at SJP! A bargain will be too good for Arsene to resist.

If Arsene is not panicking, he should be whistling.gif . His contract renewal is, or should be on the line (if it is him within management that is responsible for this ongoing train wreck, which may not be the case).

Anyone else have their team analysis, or are we the only ones (no reply necessary from Spurs or Liverpool members smile.png )

Best buy of the window? Coutinho (WOW)

I'm guessing there's either a glitch with the GT-S5830 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app or Smokie's been on the sauce....

I have fixed it....and finished my cup of tea. Thanks for your concern HD.

Now....which player would complete the picture for us?

I'd love for us to sign Baines.....:D

Fingers and toes crossed. Massive rabbit. My sister said no contest if you can get Ozil. Julian thingy from Schalke is a fantastic prospect, but still a bit too inconsistent for her liking and a couple of years with Schalke is not the same experience as three with Real Madrid.

Apparently the threads are full of ManU fans complaining why has Moyes not gone for him - like I said they probably need his type more than we do.

I know where you are coming from Stevie one does wonder a bit whether this is still enough actual strike on goal power and are Arsenal going to end up wanting to walk each and every field of play ball into the net. However with Cazorla and Ozil behind you our developing Frenchman and our new rising potential Frenchman (not to mention Pod, who presumably does not get traded away) must be licking their lips.

It aint over yet though - many a slip between cup and lip - but I do have a bottle of 10 year old Fullers vintage ale set aside for such an occasion - let's hope Im drinking it with my German BIL tonight, since he's over here in Leeds helping me clear a house and we could end up with 3 German internationals.

Fellaini I'm pretty sure is on his way to Old Trafford, right now. Rumour has it that he's been to and left Finch Farm, after handing in a transfer request.

United also have a team at Spanish FA paying Herrera's buy out clause.

They're the only 2 I'm pretty sure and half sure on, and the only ones I reckon will and might happen.

redrus

Fellaini I'm pretty sure is on his way to Old Trafford, right now. Rumour has it that he's been to and left Finch Farm, after handing in a transfer request.

They're the only 2 I'm pretty sure and half sure on, and the only ones I reckon will and might happen.

redrus

Reports now that Herrera may not have gone through as the United reps have left already! And only an hour ago it was reported Fellainis bid was rejected again! Boring summer as an United fan!

Sent from my LT26i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

redrus

Reports now that Herrera may not have gone through as the United reps have left already! And only an hour ago it was reported Fellainis bid was rejected again! Boring summer as an United fan!

Its always only ever speculation.

Its the Baines deal that was rejected, Felleini is a different matter.

Herrera's deal has run into trouble.

19:52 As' Twitter feed are now reporting that United's representatives have left the LFP offices without paying the buy-out clause of Ander Herrera as there is more paperwork to be sorted out.

Being a United supporter is never, ever boring.

redrus

Edited by redrus

Reports now that Herrera may not have gone through as the United reps have left already!

They've gone for a few beers after a stressful day. The pub shuts at 11pm with a twenty minute bell. By then the transfer window is shut.

I can report that Moyes has made last minute bids for Joey Barton and Craig Bellamy and the charlady is in advanced negotiations. Make of it what you will.

MEN;
8.40pm

Rumours that the Herrera deal is now off after the developments with Fellaini.

20:40 Sky Sports News now also claiming Marouane Fellaini has asked Everton for a transfer in order to try and force through a move to Old Trafford.

20:30 Spanish journalist Guillem Balague claims Cadena COPE radio station have reported a beat-the-deadline bid from the Reds for Sami Khedira but it was turned down by Real Madrid. The Germany star's representative has insisted his client is going nowhere (see below).

20:15 Despite some suggestion of late interest by United in £40million-rated Sami Khedira, the Real Madrid midfielder's agent informed Bild: "Khedira will stay at Real Madrid, as we have always said," stated Jo

redrus

8.45pm MEN;

Sky Sports reporter Guillem Balague says that United may have an extra hour to sign Herrera - they went to the Spanish football HQ to pay the release clause and couldn't pay it due to bureaucratic issues.

Guillem Balague has spoken to Sky Sports News to relay the story about the hitch at the LFP offices regarding the bid or Ander Herrera. The journalist also reports that the midfielder will take a pay cut to head to Manchester and there may be a chance of things dragging on beyond 11pm due to the red tape.

redrus

Edited by redrus

It will be an interesting 2 hours, but in all honesty this year has bored me, just my own opinion! Personally, Moyes has concentrated to much on Fellaini all summer, could have spent his time much more constructively, for instance, guaranteeing signatures before the last day!

Personally, Moyes has concentrated to much on Fellaini all summer, could have spent his time much more constructively, for instance, guaranteeing signatures before the last day!

Fergie identified targets, Gill negotiated and closed deals.

Moyes identifies targets, Woordward negotiates and (tries to) close(s) deals.

The manager has nothing to do with whys, wherefores and bullshit that you and I read about everyday, he has the day to day running of the club to take care of. He has not concentrated on Fellaini all summer at all and, to beleive that he has is just plain silly.

redrus

21:23 Bilbao newspaper El Correo believes Ander Herrera will soon join United because of his willingness to take a pay-cut. It is reported he will earn around €4million per annum from a five-year contract at Old Trafford. However, there is no mention of the alleged hitch over the payment of the €36million clause.

redrus

How does it look now?? What a joke! And the manager is quite important as any player comming in wants to know he is respected enough by a manager to get in the first team, which is what players want. Others might do the business aspect, but managers have a lot of sway in the final decision of a player!