Etans-images of them in Thailand

Ron19

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15136711041_5f2ff84a4f_b.jpg

Nice shot, nice angle and low POV, it works well on shots like this not on landscapes though.

For me landscapes or horizon lines for a better word need to be as straight as possible.

Just some constructive criticism, not trying to be some kind of method snob.

For me landscapes or horizon lines for a better word need to be as straight as possible.

I get what you mean and I'm grateful for your feedback.

Sometimes I suppose more beginners like me tend to neglect the straight horizon line rule because it limits their freedom of expression in a direct way. Only when I feel a straight line would be more suitable, I will apply. And not because it is a set law.

You're right, though. People are used to percieving the horizon as straight and that's why they prefer to see it straight on a photo.

I get what you mean and I'm grateful for your feedback.

Sometimes I suppose more beginners like me tend to neglect the straight horizon line rule because it limits their freedom of expression in a direct way. Only when I feel a straight line would be more suitable, I will apply. And not because it is a set law.

You're right, though. People are used to percieving the horizon as straight and that's why they prefer to see it straight on a photo.

I'm on the ale at the moment so if this doesn't make sense excuse me please.

What I was meant with my comment was due to a few photos you posted on the same day in different threads.

The Etan image I liked a lot as I said nice angle etc... (forget the straight horizon with that one, as it works very well how you shot it) but I seen a pic of a field on another thread and maybe day before a pic of the sea that I didn't want to comment on.

I can see you are experimenting which is a great thing, your photos in general are very good. I'm a beginner myself so I'm not here to try to and be some know all even though it may seem that way.

There are rules yes, but rules are there to be broken and can often make great shots, otherwise everyone's shots would look the same.

Therefore I like your comment of "freedom of expression", I can not fault that at all, but if the main subject is the landscape I think the horizon rule is good, but still not impossible to break and make a good shot.

Just keep posting your shots please.thumbsup.gif