Etans-images of them in Thailand

Ron19

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just a trial of something that I am working on.

Click on the link and then follow it from there.

Any constructive comment would be appreciated and I do intend to complete the other months.

attachicon.gifEtan Calendar.pdf

Bright coloured surrounds for photos do not work well, they will distort your colours. Best framed in white, black or grey. The January photo is out of focus.

This is just a trial of something that I am working on.

Click on the link and then follow it from there.

Any constructive comment would be appreciated and I do intend to complete the other months.

attachicon.gifEtan Calendar.pdf

Bright coloured surrounds for photos do not work well, they will distort your colours. Best framed in white, black or grey. The January photo is out of focus.

Thankyou for your comments,they are appreciated.I knew the January image was out of focus because it was a moving target I only had one chance at.That image can and will be changed in any future example I do.All the other images are preset examples from the program.

As far as the bright coloured surrounds go that is another story as they are also preset by the program and I haven't looked to see if they can be changed. What I am using is one of the templates found in Excel. If I can't change the surround colours there may be other options available online.

EDIT. I have just found that the surround colour can be changed so that eliminates one problem. Would you suggest following the format of the other months using a smaller image with the surrounds ?

Excuse my ignorance, but what's an etan ? Does this count ?

I probably broke the rules, it's taken in Kep, Cambodia.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I love the photo and don't have a problem with it.

Looks to me to be a cut down Etan using the Iron Buffalo to provide motion.thumbsup.gif

Thanks, still wanna know what an Etan is...

Hey Ron

Love all your pics from the Etan's in your area mate.

Please don't take this the wrong way,it is meant with the best intentions.

Maybe it would be an idea to speed up the shutter speed when taking fast moving shots?

You could do it easy by switching over to Shutter Priority mode and dial in a faster shutter speed

or an easier way would be to switch your camera over onto sports mode (if you have that on your cam).

As I said before mate,meant with best intentions.

Hey Ron

Love all your pics from the Etan's in your area mate.

Please don't take this the wrong way,it is meant with the best intentions.

Maybe it would be an idea to speed up the shutter speed when taking fast moving shots?

You could do it easy by switching over to Shutter Priority mode and dial in a faster shutter speed

or an easier way would be to switch your camera over onto sports mode (if you have that on your cam).

As I said before mate,meant with best intentions.

Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated.

The majority of my shots are taken using shutter priority and set on 1250. I will bump it up to 1600 and see how it goes.

Also many of those shots are taken hurried so camera shake may be a factor.

Today, I asked the people who make Etan in a little factory in Chaiwan - Udon Thani province - about the price of a new one;

This dumper one : 300,000 baht

Olympus TG 860 - f/3.5 - 1/500* - iso 125 - 21 mm - shot today february 8th 2016

24866843126_4e0dd6f709_b.jpg

This one, a normal one : 250,000 baht

Olympus TG 860 - f/4.7 - 1/400* - iso 125 - 31 mm - today also

24266294573_445fda4357_b.jpg

Archived