Suvarnabhumi Airport: Bhutanese woman nabbed for smuggling Ketamine worth Bt15 million

webfact

Bhutanese woman nabbed for smuggling Ketamine worth Bt15 million
By English News

BANGKOK, Sept 2 - Thai customs authorities nabbed a Bhutanese woman for smuggling 4.9kg of ketamine, also known as K, with street value worth Bt15 million, into the kingdom at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Customs Department acting director general Yuthana Yimkaroon said officers found the illegal drugs in the luggage of 26-year-old Bhutanese woman, identified as Zhimo.

The detainee confessed that she was hired by an Indian man to smuggle ketamine into Thailand and was to be paid Bt20,000 once another Indian came to pick up the drugs.

The Bhutanese suspect said she has travelled to Thailand five times with a tourist visa.

Initially she will be charged with smuggling illegal drugs into the kingdom and possessing drugs for sale and distribution.

Mr Yuthana said most drug smugglers were Indians but they have turned to hire Bhutanese to do the job following a serious crackdown by Thai authorities who keep close watch on Indians.

Since October 2012 until present, Mr Yuthana said the customs department has made arrests in 298 drug-related cases, with the drugs having total street value of Bt483.5 million. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-09-02

If this is her 5th trip to Thailand I'm guessing she got away with bringing drugs in the other times. Whilst I have no sympathy for her why don't they put tracking devices in her baggage and follow it as far up the chain as the can.

the probably don't want to find out who in thailand is the distributor

If this is her 5th trip to Thailand I'm guessing she got away with bringing drugs in the other times. Whilst I have no sympathy for her why don't they put tracking devices in her baggage and follow it as far up the chain as the can.

Think you are right, this point has often been raised here after one of these drug busts. The interest of following

up the ladder to Mr. Big seems to be..............wait for it...............0

So a crackdown on 1.2 billion potential Indian smugglers has resulted in the "hiring" of half a million potential Bhutanese smugglers. So much for gross national happiness.

Actually these ideas like "gross national happiness" and "sufficiency economy" were schemed by the rich elite tyrants so that the peasants would be happy despite the poverty they find themselves in and so no threat to overthrowing the leaders.

No matter what propaganda the leaders say, ordinary people still aspire to better themselves. And some of them even try to do it illegally/

• Like 2

I'm so out of it I don't even have a clue as to what sort of reality altering this stuff does! And why no photo and finger pointing?

It's a dissociative, whilst it's commonly stated that it's 'horse tranquiliser' it is (also) used in medical environments for humans usually in conjunction with sedatives for anaesthesia.

Without the sedative, it doesn't make people sleep but from the users perspective it alters perception of reality - depnding how much they take this can be anything from minor visual hallucinations to intense dream-like states in a similar manner to LSD.

From an outward perspective it makes users drool, slobber, stagger (or fall over) and talk gibberish for half an hour or so. This video is almost certainly of someone on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xvj4Ud-RKrM#t=304

Aside from the obvious health risks associated with not being able to control your body when things like buses and trains exist, and aside from some very rare cases of respiratory failure (caused by people doing things like falling asleep in the bath), it's not generally considered to be a potential instant killer like, for example Heroin. For many years it was unclassified in the UK - its Class C (the lowest level of illegal) now. Tolerance increases with heavy, repeated use and long term effects of heavy usage are known to include kidney damage, to the point of the need for kidney transplants.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Think you are right, this point has often been raised here after one of these drug busts. The interest of following

up the ladder to Mr. Big seems to be..............wait for it...............0

Why don't they bug her or follow her till she contacts the second Indian??

Edited by marquis22

These new designer drugs might have cute names , but i have seen the heart breaking damage they do to the abusers. Chemicals are bombarding our cells every moment, no need to introduce new and toxic ones.

Just breathing city air and eating fast food will keep your synapse busy enough.

• Like 1

So a crackdown on 1.2 billion potential Indian smugglers has resulted in the "hiring" of half a million potential Bhutanese smugglers. So much for gross national happiness.

Actually these ideas like "gross national happiness" and "sufficiency economy" were schemed by the rich elite tyrants so that the peasants would be happy despite the poverty they find themselves in and so no threat to overthrowing the leaders.

No matter what propaganda the leaders say, ordinary people still aspire to better themselves. And some of them even try to do it illegally/

How many times you've been there then and done research?

These new designer drugs might have cute names , but i have seen the heart breaking damage they do to the abusers. Chemicals are bombarding our cells every moment, no need to introduce new and toxic ones.

Just breathing city air and eating fast food will keep your synapse busy enough.

It's not one of these new batch of 'bath salts' type drugs by the way - has been around for decades, since the early sixties.

Lost photo session. whistling.gif

I am from Bhutan and I somehow find this news fake. Sources say the woman's name is Zhima and that is not Bhutanese name. Even if she has Bhutanese passport, why is her photo not shown to the public?

We Bhutanese don't have courage to do such crimes especially smuggling. If it is true then she should be given life imprisonment. What a shame if it is true. But I feel it is not true as long as we see her face and her passport because ZHIMA isnt a Bhutanese name.

#Concerned citizen

• Like 1

I think it's rude to comment on the entire country cos of one citizen's doing..I bet you have so many ppl from ur country commiting crimes!!! very vague on the woman's detail no second name nor a Bhutanese name,not even a picture and they upload photo of ppl stealing 100bhat ..This woman sure was worth a shot!

• Like 1