Mib

ajahnlau

Yesterday afternoon out for a drive. I'm approaching a T intersection and going to turn left, a pickup is coming from the left and turning right. In the process of turning we make contact tearing off my front bumper. I stop right there. The other driver comes over to my car and I see he's wearing police uniform,first thought is I'm dead in the water. I get out of car and look closely at point of impact and he has shaved the corner too much and I figure I'm in the right. He calls a friend driving a body snatcher pickup and I call my insurer,Sampanh. The adjuster calls for directions to acc. and we wait. One of the body snatchers says move my car as I'm blocking traffic. No. I'm staying put. Before adjuster arrives MIB says not much to his car he'll take care of his and my ins. will take care of mine. No. I'm waiting. Adjuster arrives and quickly takes pics and calls police station for MIB to make report. Senior officer arrives and takes his pics and measurements. In the meantime the other driver has called acouple friends also MIB for help. Adjuster tells me I should be ok just wait a while. After consideration and listening to both stories,his defense is I didn't have turing light on. Adjuster says we're good and can go to police station for report. Arrive at pol.stat. and both turn in out dr.lic. again. They now mention for us to go to the cashier. Cashier writes out ticket to MIB and he opens wallet and pays 400bht fine. That seals it and we're off to the body shop to make appointment to repair car. Total time 3hrs. Hats off to investigating officer and insurance company.

You are lucky, MIB always escape their fault even you are right.

Clearly, as this case shows, they don't.

I believe it was mentioned on another thread, that you should not do anything until the insurance company rep appears. They have the power to ensure the local police cannot escape fault. They may escape any offences, but you wont be stuck paying for repairs that they are liable for.

If the driver in the wrong (the cop) in this case wasn't a cop, funds would have been collected on the spot by the insurance adjuster -claim then signed by both parties involved of course-. One only has to go to the police station if both drivers the insurance adjuster (sometimes more than one) can't agree who is in the wrong. Still sounds like the cop got off lightly, unless he coughed up the funds for the damage as well.

:o

If the driver in the wrong (the cop) in this case wasn't a cop, funds would have been collected on the spot by the insurance adjuster -claim then signed by both parties involved of course-. One only has to go to the police station if both drivers the insurance adjuster (sometimes more than one) can't agree who is in the wrong. Still sounds like the cop got off lightly, unless he coughed up the funds for the damage as well.

:o

The adjuster aranged to collect from the other party. He wanted me to go to another body shop which was owned by his friend but I said no, I'm going to the one recommended by adjuster.