Multi NON O / 12 months UKPI

I will be returning to Thailand on Saturday and will be getting married then going to Savanakhet for a Multi Entry NON O in October but due to A lost of a UK passport I have now been sanctioned..?

With a 12 month passport and must keep the current one for a least till it expires but I have explained to UKPI that I may not be return to the united kingdom would there be any chance I could apply for an early review due to my situation into getting a full 10 year passport back again .. I also stated would it be okay in say 9 months’ time instead of the full 12 months...

What would the chances of me reporting every 90 days to the immigration office and also stating to the officer that I understand I have a 12 month passport and I have a 12 months non o but will also be applying for a renew passport here in Thailand …

Has anybody or know anybody who experience this situation...

Edited by Notstupid30

Not sure about UK rules but I would think would have to renew passport before it expires. It seems a bit odd that you only got a 12 month passport because you lost your passport unless you had lost more than one.

You only need 6 months validity to get a single entry visa.

If you can meet the financial requirement of 40k baht or 400k baht you could get an extension based upon marriage that would be valid up to the date your passport expires. You would first need to get a single non-o visa based upon marriage from any nearby embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

So i received an email from Liverpool passport office a few minutes ago and it would be okay to apply for a new full 10 years passport in 9 months time .. Now that's out the way try i will try to get a multi entry non immigrant o visa now but will do some following up once i return to Thailand and also speak with some people i know in pattaya immigration office to see if something can be done in Chiang Mai,

The UK must have a thing with people "losing" their passports.

Correct that is the case before you was able to apply for a new passport but they would dock a year of your passport but new rules have come in so now if you lose 3 passport you would only be allowed a 1 year passport to teach you a lesson ..

Immigration has nothing to do with visas other than the ones they can do to get an extension.

If you can't qualify for an extension of stay. You can get 60 day extensions to visit your wife for any entry. You could get a single entry o-visa that would give you 90 days and then extend it for 60 days that would give you almost 5 months.

Yeah i understand ? I was just thinking say i was staying here full time and i had a validate visa and a ran into not having any pages left in my passport you would then need to apply for a new passport what take up to 6 weeks done over here these days? but what would happen in the mean time when awaiting a new passport ... ?

Edited by Notstupid30

The big problem you will come up against is doing border or visa runs. Laos will happen at 6 months Cambodia at 4 months passport validity required for entry.

Doing a visa run for a non-o in Laos timed just right would get you to 2 months before passport expires with 60 day extension.

How many pages does passport have?

Edit: Applying exact 9 month point should put you in good shape with 0 and extension. Longest I heard of is 4 weeks for passport with most of them at 3 weeks.

Edited by ubonjoe

The big problem you will come up against is doing border or visa runs. Laos will happen at 6 months Cambodia at 4 months passport validity required for entry.

Doing a visa run for a non-o in Laos timed just right would get you to 2 months before passport expires with 60 day extension.

How many pages does passport have?

Yeah i understand boarders runs may come into some problems, i also did some Google to see what some outcomes were like i also will be taking the wife with us just in case any problems i may run into at least i have some support in case of anything bad may or would happen in these situations ..

These days in a UK Passport you only get 32 pages , Also planned to go Laos around the 2 August and returning back to on the 5 August for both of us these flights will cost 15,000THB that's CM - BKK then BKK - Roi et then a 4 hour bus ride anything better then doing a full 21 hours on a bus or even doing a CM - Ubon Thani then on Vientiane - Savannakhet doing a bus ride take around 12 hours...

Check Nok to Mukdahan they offer flights via two nearby airports with bus to bridge for Savannakhet.

Do you have time to get a tourist visa before you leave the UK. With a single entry 60 day plus normal 30 day extension plus 60 day extension to visit wife comes out to about 5 months with no departure from country. Then o-visa and 60 day extension gets you to about 10 months.

Check Nok to Mukdahan they offer flights via two nearby airports with bus to bridge for Savannakhet.

Do you have time to get a tourist visa before you leave the UK. With a single entry 60 day plus normal 30 day extension plus 60 day extension to visit wife comes out to about 5 months with no departure from country. Then o-visa and 60 day extension gets you to about 10 months.

Thank you so much for the heads up as for doing a visa now can't be done as i fly on Friday Man - Cal -Bkk - Cnx .. also wasn't a bad deal for a one way ticket 25,000tTHB to other airlines wanting 35,000THB so saved 10,000THB also my passport only started on the 28th Aug..