Red Bull heir Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya pleads illness, evades prosecutor

webfact

How about "dropping" all the charges and stop the whole charade?

Thailand is making itself ridiculous in face of the whole world by keeping this charade going on.

The Red Bull heir will NEVER see a prison from the inside.

Nuff said

I don't think the whole world are watching........I doubt this gets a mention outside Thailand unless someone abroad is making an article on wayward S.E Asian heirs, unlikely.

He will certainly pay for it, but in the Thai way. Quite a few Thais are calling for a prison sentence, but truths if the victim was their family they would rather the money than he serve the prison time. And if it was their son who caused the accident they would rather pay for his "mistake" in cash than he do the time.

So a little moral outrage in Thai Rath, but business as usual even though the whole country is watching.

It's also on the BBC news website at www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23938794

So appart from NBC, The NY Times Australian news sources and the BBC (and possibly a few more that are not yet mentioned), I also don't think the whole world are watching. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Again another fine example of foreigners tarnishing Thailand's excellent reputationsmile.png

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not buy Red Bull, world wide. Hit them in the pocket. The only thing that matters to these kind of people!

He is a billionaire. If no one buys another bottle of Red Bull he will still be a billionaire. This would only hurt the people further down the company chain.

From a legal point of view, the idea of applying a statute of limitations to someone because he was not present to be indicted sounds as utter rubbish.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was absolutely nothing stopping the police from laying the speeding charges on the defendant a year ago. These charges could have been dropped in court if there was insufficient evidence and the case still proceed on the others.

We always give the offenders what we a call a hamburger with the lot,(would you like fries with that) it is then up to the defence councils to pick the pickles out but you are still going to down on the bread roll the main charge that holds everything together.

Edited by chooka

Do not buy Red Bull, world wide. Hit them in the pocket. The only thing that matters to these kind of people!

www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Red-Bull/310917865673962

Boycott Red Bull here!

Unless it goes viral somehow, i doubt this page will do anything at all.

One day a Thai journalist will ask why no speeding charges were brought despite clear cctv evidence of over 150kph and why no charges of drunk driving and driving under the influence of prohited substances after a senior police offer stated at a press conference that he had tested positive for both.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Red-Bull/310917865673962

Boycott Red Bull here!

Unless it goes viral somehow, i doubt this page will do anything at all.

Concur.

In a year since its initial posting, it has garnered 157 likes.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Red Bull's Facebook has over 39 Million likes.

Same all over the world...The "filth" rich families always get away with murder....Ted Kennedy and

Mary Jo.........in the States..............

Police officer's family should receive B10M in compensation,plus 25K per month for children until

they are each 20 y/o.....

Dismiss all charges.....Daddy will buy another Ferrari and with any luck the Ass H..e will kill himself

speeding around BKK............Karma people......Justice for Family.

What happened to the cocaine and intoxication charges? I suppose the police have finished gathering the evidence that unfortunately delayed Vorayuth’s prosecution and unintentionally led to the speeding charge being dropped. What a shameful obstruction of justice by the police in the investigation of the death of one of their own.

• Like 1

Why even bother continuing this farce? The court, the lawyers, the Media, the Thai public and each and every one of us on here knows the whole thing is BS. He is not ill. He is not going to prison. If he is extremely unlucky he will be told he really ought to be more careful next time and that will be it. We all know this. So once again; why even bother?

The funny part is that the guy leaves a few days before the deadline and most probably will return very soon. My guess is within this week.

So the most the guy wants to "sacrifice" is a few days out of Thailand. No shame. But hey TIT. If he would have carried a gun and killed a cop in a nightclub, hey also would have gotten away with it.

Even the police seem to be ready (for a few baht) to cover up the death of one of their fellow officers. What a bunch of jokers.

So what do we have now:

1. Speeding can't be proved anymore

2. Reckless driving therefor also can't be proved

3. Hit and run...well the poor guy was in a shock and went home. Nothing wrong with that. Again, he didn't run, HE JUST WENT HOME!

Verdict. Not guilty.

Next!

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

I seem to remember an advert on BBC television promoting Thailand as a great place to invest and where we have "Rule of Law".

This Red Bull case is just one of many examples of where there is NO Rule of Law especially if you're monied and are connected to people in the know.

We'll never know the extent of damage this will have on the reputation of Thailand but many people who were thinking of investing / living here might be thinking otherwise after following this story.

• Like 2

The funny part is that the guy leaves a few days before the deadline and most probably will return very soon. My guess is within this week.

So the most the guy wants to "sacrifice" is a few days out of Thailand. No shame. But hey TIT. If he would have carried a gun and killed a cop in a nightclub, hey also would have gotten away with it.

Even the police seem to be ready (for a few baht) to cover up the death of one of their fellow officers. What a bunch of jokers.

So what do we have now:

1. Speeding can't be proved anymore

2. Reckless driving therefor also can't be proved

3. Hit and run...well the poor guy was in a shock and went home. Nothing wrong with that. Again, he didn't run, HE JUST WENT HOME!

Verdict. Not guilty.

Next!

He just went home and immediately fabricated a story that someone else was driving which was confirmed by a policeman who was a family friend and later found to be untrue. Whatever happened to that policeman who who I remember was suspended at the time.

Thailand is making itself ridiculous in face of the whole world by keeping this charade going on.

Nuff said

I don't think the whole world are watching........I doubt this gets a mention outside Thailand unless someone abroad is making an article on wayward S.E Asian heirs, unlikely.

He will certainly pay for it, but in the Thai way. Quite a few Thais are calling for a prison sentence, but truths if the victim was their family they would rather the money than he serve the prison time. And if it was their son who caused the accident they would rather pay for his "mistake" in cash than he do the time.

So a little moral outrage in Thai Rath, but business as usual even though the whole country is watching.

The world is watching, the story has been reported in Canada and the States so far. Won't be long until the the other news sites start to pick it up. Hopefully this will cause enough loss of face to the current govenment that they will have to step in. I won't be holding my breath though.

• Like 1

Why all the references to Thaksin?

Seriously, why? The pettiness is pathetic. Thaksin was not charged with a violent crime, and the cases are completely different.

The accused's family are not even associated with Thaksin and have instead long been associated with those that support the Democrat party. With the screwed up logic applied, one would expect Abhisit to be blamed, not Thaksin.

It is understandable that the process is now tainted and that there appears to be impropriety at the prosecutor's office. However, aren't the Thaksin bashers being inconsistent? Isn't the prosecutor's office independent of the government of the day, at least that has been their argument in the past, when charges were brought against Thaksin. Shouldn't the scorn be heaped upon the prosecutor and the judiciary that has allowed the accused to avoid the charge?

The reality here is that the family has done everything in its power to protect it's little cherub. Why not be honest for once and ask why and how. It has nothing to do with thaksin,Abhisit or politics. Rather this is how the Bangkok elite work. This is Thailand.

My Reference to Thaksin was that he is rich and got convicted. I would guess all the threads at that time were saying that will never happen but it did. I am hoping some justice will come out of this and eventually Vorayuth Yoovidhya will be convicted as well.

Nuff said

This common "Thailand looks stupid to the world" refrain is nonsense - the rest of the world doesn't give a sh*t...

The charge for speeding would be dropped because the statute of limitation period has expired!

Absolutely astounding Thai justice!

And now presumably the other two cases will be dropped as there was no prosecution for speeding and he therefore could not be driving recklessly?

The stench is overwhelming!

not for sure

when drugged up behind the wheel they can still charge him for that i think

even when making doughnuts in an empty space they can charge reckless driving

but i wonder what the expiration date is for the still open charges

would not be surprised if he got excuses not to show up in court till all is expired

and why can't they make a verdict without him present

Same reason they can't have a verdict against Thaksin on all his outstanding charges. I look to see lots of red bull money going to Dubai. A haven for wealthy criminals.sad.png

The charge for speeding would be dropped because the statute of limitation period has expired!

Absolutely astounding Thai justice!

And now presumably the other two cases will be dropped as there was no prosecution for speeding and he therefore could not be driving recklessly?

The stench is overwhelming!

Limitation to claim any finance for the infraction.

Our governments would pass them on to some other jerk off department who adds 50%-90% to the bill.

This is really a joke. .....and it might be funny if it wasn't so serious a matter.

But I am sure a solution exists, just takes some studying to find it ..... but how about a small bit of thinking here.

Thai's above all else , the likes of motherhood, the flag and apple rice pie, value face and topping the list is money, without a doubt.

The fact that the rich are able to BUY their way out is more than just a coincidence. Lets take a page out of history and use a solution that will make many good Thais very happy.

The history of the old west [uSA] Institute a policy for these bail jumpers , or those who just run because they know their tit is in the wringer, and create WANTED POSTERS "Wanted Dead or Alive" . Just set up a group of bounty hunters to seek them out and just bring back the head. Put a reward value of 20 or 10% of what it is costing the government spends to make up stories of why this guy in not in court or jail and let the bounty hunters go to work.

For a sizeable reward I do beleive they would bring back their own mother. This would also cover corrupt politicans on the run all the way up to and through Prime Ministers, or Ex prime Ministers.

I believe it would work wonders on the war on corruption.

Any Comments ????

With all due respect, if it has to be explained to you why this wouldn't work, I'm afraid you just would't understand anyhow.

• Like 1

This is really a joke. .....and it might be funny if it wasn't so serious a matter.

But I am sure a solution exists, just takes some studying to find it ..... but how about a small bit of thinking here.

Thai's above all else , the likes of motherhood, the flag and apple rice pie, value face and topping the list is money, without a doubt.

The fact that the rich are able to BUY their way out is more than just a coincidence. Lets take a page out of history and use a solution that will make many good Thais very happy.

The history of the old west [uSA] Institute a policy for these bail jumpers , or those who just run because they know their tit is in the wringer, and create WANTED POSTERS "Wanted Dead or Alive" . Just set up a group of bounty hunters to seek them out and just bring back the head. Put a reward value of 20 or 10% of what it is costing the government spends to make up stories of why this guy in not in court or jail and let the bounty hunters go to work.

For a sizeable reward I do beleive they would bring back their own mother. This would also cover corrupt politicans on the run all the way up to and through Prime Ministers, or Ex prime Ministers.

I believe it would work wonders on the war on corruption.

Any Comments ????

With all due respect, if it has to be explained to you why this wouldn't work, I'm afraid you just would't understand anyhow.

Seems like I heard that someplace B4 ''''''' at least you didn't have to wait too long to use it... kind of me wasn't it.?

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 1