Heartbroken 'farang' man attempts to jump off of hotel in Bangkok

webfact

Its a laughing matter from where I'm reading it, dimlow tries to top himself off building barely high enough to break a bone from. Can't have been all that serious if a, he chooses somewhere not high enough and b, gets talked out of it. Biggest laugh of all is the headline heartbroken Falang man attempt to jump off of hotel, surely Finnish man wants to finish it all would have been a better headline.

REALLY? How about going head first? People have died falling backwards on the sidewalk. You can die from any fall if you land the right way.

How do these statistics stack up against the millions of people who don't die falling over each day? No ones arguing you couldn't, if you lucked out kill yerself from that height, just simply stating if you really wanted to die surely you would make sure of it, not rely on lady luck helping you fall the right or wrong way.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suicide is no laughing matter, don't be snide.

i couldnt agree more but with thai women they are like buses if you miss that one theres plenty more commng your way to ride on i dont get it my mate married a bar girl prostitute when i asked him if he marry the same type girl in the uk he said are you f inn joking they are sluts shows the power of the thai lady

• Like 1

According to authorities, Jokinen has stayed at the hotel since Aug. 20 and recently broke up with a Thai woman, a situation that led to Jokinen’s suicide attempt.

When I was young, breaking up with a Thai woman was the most difficult part of the relationship. Times have changed I guess xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.6AXjMEeEEF.webp alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20> .

Yes it was more difficult before, a lot of crying and I love you stuff before the payoff, now they smiling when they leave in the morning with 2 K in the wallet whistling.gif

According to authorities, Jokinen has stayed at the hotel since Aug. 20 and recently broke up with a Thai woman, a situation that led to Jokinen’s suicide attempt.

When I was young, breaking up with a Thai woman was the most difficult part of the relationship. Times have changed I guess tongue.png .

I don't think it matters how young or old you are, heartbroken are heartbroken... End of story wink.png some can cope with it, some can't... Been there done that ( Didn't think about jumping though) w00t.gif

I hope he recovers from his drepression ASAP!

Edited by julemanden
  • Like 1

When I was young, breaking up with a Thai woman was the most difficult part of the relationship. Times have changed I guess tongue.png .

I guess he felt the only way to get rid of her was to fake his own death - he just took it too far.

i couldnt agree more but with thai women they are like buses if you miss that one theres plenty more commng your way to ride on i dont get it my mate married a bar girl prostitute when i asked him if he marry the same type girl in the uk he said are you f inn joking they are sluts shows the power of the thai lady

Didn't know we had "bar girl prostitutes" in the UK???? would never have moved to Thailand if I thought I could have got a "herro hansum man" greeting at weatherspoons.

• Like 1

Thai girls are fun to play with for some days, but after a while you get bored from their totally lack of intelligence, thai TV soap operas 24/7 is not my kind of entertainment coffee1.gif

Time to catch a new bus:-)

• Like 1

........August 20th.....September 2nd........

...not even 2 weeks......

...sorry something is wrong with this picture.....

....had they been in a relationship longer than that....

....had she gone away with more than just his heart......

Its a laughing matter from where I'm reading it, dimlow tries to top himself off building barely high enough to break a bone from. Can't have been all that serious if a, he chooses somewhere not high enough and b, gets talked out of it. Biggest laugh of all is the headline heartbroken Falang man attempt to jump off of hotel, surely Finnish man wants to finish it all would have been a better headline.

Why do people post stuff like this with their real name? Don't they know that information lives forever on the internet and employers and business contacts know how to use Google?

Perhaps that wasn't his intention when he checked in with the love of his life.

The problem is, we hear so many stories like this and it mostly boils down to how this beautiful Thai woman has employed her skills to bamboozle (typically) a man that is twice her age, that she loves him; not his money "classic" being the man is stupid to get sucked in as many many years ago when I first went to Thailand love scamming was not in the eyes of the girl - she simply wanted a better life for her and her family and was willing to love her man for this. I, and I'm sure most who have entered Thailand many years ago have seen this change, where even the ugly ones have a go at love scamming. However and I'm sure there a lot who get scammed; but they don't say I'm going to kill myself, they simply get on with life. These weak rear-enders should never venture overseas, they should stay home where there are many liberals that will give them a cuddle.

Edited by britinthai

Please have these, with my compliments:

,:'.-,.

Years ago, a guy committed suicide in the Honey Hotel and for years after, most Cowboy girls wouldn't go there:..."Have Pee!".

Cost them a lot of Monk visitations to clear that one up. They must be really relieved this guy was stopped.

Edited by dddave

Years ago, a guy committed suicide in the Honey Hotel and for years after, most Cowboy girls wouldn't go there:..."Have Pee!".

Cost them a lot of Monk visitations to clear that one up. They must be really relieved.

LMAO !! Thai girls are insanely afraid of ghosts. I can't stop laughing about this , but I'm laughing WITH you, brother.

Jokes on the side, Jeremy, he's clearly a mess, mentally, and needs help. No one literally wants to kill themselves just because their girlfriend broke up without there being something else adding to the depression. He most likely have a history of psychological problems, and haven't had any successful treatment. So after years with stagnating in FInland he probably ran away and was hoping all his problems would disappear.

Many farang seek to Thailand to escape from whatever problems they got. What they don't know is that Thai beaches, Go-Go-Bars and hokus pokus healing won't treat you. Paradise can make it easier for you, but you still have to treat yourself.

I used to be a volunteer for the Samaritans many years ago and it was quite common to hear humour relating to the depression and suicidal thoughts of those we tried to help but that was just between ourselves as a sort of barrier.

We would never think that an actual suicide attempt was funny in itself.

HOAX is right he needs help and hopefully he will get it. It may not have been the best place for a suicide attempt but then it's unlikely he was thinking clearly as that tends to be the way with people wanting to end their lives.

Why do people post stuff like this with their real name? Don't they know that information lives forever on the internet and employers and business contacts know how to use Google

Its Ok, I was wearing my tin foil hat when I posted it. Its also fairly unlikely I will be going for a job at Samaritans anytime soon.

Finland used to be the suicide capital of the world. And that country has some of the best social welfare in the world too. What's wrong with them?! Another thing, why was he bleeding from his back and feet?

maybe he already did a few practice jumps from the first floor?

Finland used to be the suicide capital of the world. And that country has some of the best social welfare in the world too. What's wrong with them?! Another thing, why was he bleeding from his back and feet?

Scandinavian countries have a very high standard of living as well. I think the high suicide rate in Finland is partly due to the lack of light in the winter months and there are more fights at that time too. I think the suicide rate increases the further north you go. Clearly that's not the only reason but I believe it's a contributing factor.

In this case the increase in daylight hasn't helped though.

• Like 1

Why do people post stuff like this with their real name? Don't they know that information lives forever on the internet and employers and business contacts know how to use Google?

P.S just googled my name and guess what......... no thaivisa posts in the first 10 pages, exactly how bored would a potential employer have to be???? tin foil hat is going back on now. xxxx

Edited by JeremyBowskill
  • Like 1