Snake in a bike.

PoorSucker

Ha-ha, hope she is okay.

Once my wife took the Fino to take petrol and when she opened the seat at the petrol station a mouse that was hiding there got busy scrambling for safety never to be seen again.

Rather a mouse than a snake any day.

Pulled up at the local Esso a few weeks ago and my favourite pump girl let out a shriek of alarm.....not the usual smile I get. Seems I had a big lizard clinging to my shirt tail. Must have been hiding in my cbr somewhere.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Coming home on the motocyc along my soi i had a chicken hit me in the chest, really hard those things,

some years ago driving the car in bangkok a guy in front on a motocyc started weaving across the road, i slowed down and after 500meters or so he wandered over to the left and kinda crashed ...very busy road,

Girl with me pointed the guy out in the news paper next day, seems he hit a pothole and his false teeth went down his throat and he died.

• Like 1

Happened to me once, had done a few kilometres slow, low revs, as I started to speed up a snake kind of started raising up from behind the dials, I think maybe it was in the fairing somewhere. Kind of weird the thoughts you have, my first thought was that is a really big worm, fractions later it dawned on me that no it's a snake, not real big but all the same. As I slowed to pull over it went back in the fairing somewhere. I pulled over and jumped off the bike, safe but left with a problem, what do I do now. I ended up just reving the guts out of my bike in neutral stood as far away as I could be. Lucky for me the bike was a crappy old gsxr400 which overheated nicely so it didn't take long before it got too hot for the snake and it took off. There was a gaggle of motorbike taxi boys a few hundred yards away, they were all watching me commenting how stupid I was for revving my bike like that, I didn't really care what they thought at the time though.

Part of riding a bike is dealing with the local wildlife.

On Tuesday I got nailed by two wasps right in the chest (I was on my way back from the gym and was wearing a tight, thin shirt) when I was riding my Wave- at first I thought only one stung me but I found two holes when I got home- that woke me up.;)

• Like 1

Coming home on the motocyc along my soi i had a chicken hit me in the chest, really hard those things,

some years ago driving the car in bangkok a guy in front on a motocyc started weaving across the road, i slowed down and after 500meters or so he wandered over to the left and kinda crashed ...very busy road,

Girl with me pointed the guy out in the news paper next day, seems he hit a pothole and his false teeth went down his throat and he died.

"...his false teeth went down his throat and he died."

In South Africa that hazard has been anticipated:

post-145917-0-42505200-1378348130_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

Happened to me once, had done a few kilometres slow, low revs, as I started to speed up a snake kind of started raising up from behind the dials, I think maybe it was in the fairing somewhere. Kind of weird the thoughts you have, my first thought was that is a really big worm, fractions later it dawned on me that no it's a snake, not real big but all the same. As I slowed to pull over it went back in the fairing somewhere. I pulled over and jumped off the bike, safe but left with a problem, what do I do now. I ended up just reving the guts out of my bike in neutral stood as far away as I could be. Lucky for me the bike was a crappy old gsxr400 which overheated nicely so it didn't take long before it got too hot for the snake and it took off. There was a gaggle of motorbike taxi boys a few hundred yards away, they were all watching me commenting how stupid I was for revving my bike like that, I didn't really care what they thought at the time though.

So strange to read this comment, I just googled snakes on scooters in Thailand because I just moved here and this exact thing happened to me.

I saw it and it started reaching up. I had exactly the same thought process. I moved to my left slightly but was going at speed (50k Ish) and fortunately it just fell off without striking. I will certainly be checking the front of the scooter before getting on in future.

Part of riding a bike is dealing with the local wildlife.

On Tuesday I got nailed by two wasps right in the chest (I was on my way back from the gym and was wearing a tight, thin shirt) when I was riding my Wave- at first I thought only one stung me but I found two holes when I got home- that woke me up.wink.png

Maybe it was the tight shirt that the wasps objected to. Thought it was a bit too Village peoplelaugh.png

Once when filling up my old Kawasaki Cheer after it had sat unused for a few days in an isolated place the gas-attendant and I discovered a huge skink (is it a gecko?) under the seat. He was so startled that he tried to kick or stomp it as it wriggled away. Happily he didn't manage to hurt the creature.

• Like 1