Thai govt warned of airport seizures

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't they seize and burn central bangkok? It worked last time for the other bunch. Who the heck cares about some airport in hicksville, get real you rubber farmers and copy the vicorious reds.

Really?

The only goups to seize or target airports have been Democrat supporters such as PAD and now the Surat Thani rubber farmers.

The UDD never targeted airports.

The UDD protests were about fundamental rights as they took on a military junta and a puppet Democrat government.

The current PTP government won an election, something the Democrats couldn't do.

Usual sick comment UDD were perfect never do wrong, They never took on the military, they blockaded the capitol, so the military took on them.

What is it with you ???

If you believe the UDD has never done wrong and were perfect, ok. I disagree. However, the issue is the threats to the airports.

The UDD never ever threatened an airport.

One big problem here is that demonstrators are allowed to break the law (e.g. block roads) and the police stand there and watch them. In other countries they would be arrested for breaking the law and taken to jail. When they can get away with this then things can escalate and they still have no fear of arrest. In 2010 the Red Shirts should never have been allowed to block the roads around Central World (all the way to Silom). Laws should be enforced and I'm sure there are suitable areas for demonstrations which don't infringe on the rights of others.

• Like 2

One big problem here is that demonstrators are allowed to break the law (e.g. block roads) and the police stand there and watch them. In other countries they would be arrested for breaking the law and taken to jail. When they can get away with this then things can escalate and they still have no fear of arrest. In 2010 the Red Shirts should never have been allowed to block the roads around Central World (all the way to Silom). Laws should be enforced and I'm sure there are suitable areas for demonstrations which don't infringe on the rights of others.

Not so. French farmers regularly block roads and ports. This tactic is not unique to Thailand.

The rubber farmers saw the rice farmers react when the government tried to reduce the pledge price of rice, and win. They want to try the same. But of course, the rice farmers are a strong voting base for PTP whereas the rubber farmers aren't. Different political context.

Just the mere mention of "airport closures" coming out of Thailand will be enough to send shivers down the spines of the International travel industry. Are these clowns determined to destroy their own Country?

As usual, the kindergarden brigade are screaming "Thaksin" and "burn Bangkok", as if the constant chanting will excuse any lunacy perpetrated by the Dems and their street army (in whatever colour shirt, or other guise they may be using today).

Why don't they seize and burn central bangkok? It worked last time for the other bunch. Who the heck cares about some airport in hicksville, get real you rubber farmers and copy the vicorious reds.

Really?

The only goups to seize or target airports have been Democrat supporters such as PAD and now the Surat Thani rubber farmers.

The UDD never targeted airports.

The UDD protests were about fundamental rights as they took on a military junta and a puppet Democrat government.

The current PTP government won an election, something the Democrats couldn't do.

Usual sick comment UDD were perfect never do wrong, They never took on the military, they blockaded the capitol, so the military took on them.

What is it with you ???

If you believe the UDD has never done wrong and were perfect, ok. I disagree. However, the issue is the threats to the airports.

The UDD never ever threatened an airport.

If the issue is 'Threats to the airport"

Why bring up the subject of Abhisits puppet government, and UDD taking on the military??? Who said the UDD HAD threatened an airport ???take a poll now and see who would favour the present government, Rice/Rubber farmers ???

Your one sided government arguments are a joke. like the blockade of BKK was warranted this is the impression I get from you.

• Like 1

It will be a national disaster if these guys seize an airport. The international press would have a field day.

So that makes it a good threat, that's where it should stay though as trying it on would be an unmitigated disaster for everyone, especially the rubber farmers.

Would the police use rubber bullets?

"If the protest spirals into airport seizures, we will invoke Article 135/1 of the Criminal Code. The maximum punishment under this clause is death," he warned.

God help them if they do what the redshirts did to Bangkok and some rural centers in 2010.

And did Article 135/1 of the Criminal Code apply in 2010 ? If so Abhisit has nothing to worry about. The government and the army were just enforcing the law.

THE OFFENCE IN RESPECT OF TERRORIZATION

Section 135/1 Whoever, performing the Criminal Offence, as follows:

1. Commit an act of violence or exercise any act to cause a danger to life or a body harm or any person's freedom harm seriously;
  2. Commit any act to cause seriously injury to transportation-system, communication-system or structure base of public interest;
  3. Commit any act to cause injury to any State's property or any person's property or an envelopment to cause likely cause an important economic injury;

If such act is made by the aim to treated or enforce Thai Government, Foreign Government or International Organization make or not to make any act to cause seriously injury or for making a disorder by causing the people to be terrified, such person committing an offence of terrorization must be punished with death, imprisonment for life or imprisonment from three years to twenty years and fine from six ten thousands Baht to one million Baht;

Possible punishment is death - cannot just shoot

So they want to get tough on the Rubber Farmers, although they were sitting on their thumbs when "The Red Shirts Captured Bangkok".

The Rubber Farmers I know have to plant and maintain their trees for a long time before they can take their product.

My Mango Trees are the same and we have no control over the price, as in the USA the "Middle Man" makes the best money for the least effort.

Our profit is in the hands of someone else, not always the free market. Well at least I do n ot have to get up at 04:30 or 05:00 to milk cows !!

I don't really trust the media to give it to me straight. But, from what I read, it seems like these guys are using force and intimidation to pressure the government into giving them money for nothing.
In my language they call that robbery and/or hostage taking.

Not sure I understand why this is being treated like an organized union strike.

RUBBER DEMAND
Rubber farmers displeased with measures

The Nation

Surat Thani rubber growers' protest eyes on burning coffins for Prime Minister and her deputies.

SURAT THANI: -- A protest leader Manoon Oopla said on Thursday that the protesters would soon burn three coffins for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong and Agriculture Minister Yukol Limlamthong in front of each of the 19 district offices, as to pressure the government to tackle the sacking rubber prices.

The date and time of such symbolic protest would be determined later among protest leaders, he said.

The farmers were displeased with today’s resolution of the national rubber policy committee. The committee chaired by Kittiratt today just approved the fertiliser subsidy, not to intervene in the rubber prices. Yet, it agreed to extend the subsidy for upto 25 rai, not 10 rai as proposed earlier. The resolution is subjected to the Cabinet’s approval. In the meeting with Kittiratt yesterday, the farmers demanded the price intervention.

Surat Thani governor Chatpong Chataputi called for an urgent meeting with peace-keeping officers in the province, prepared for more protests by farmers. All district chiefs are instructed to be prepared, on the belief that protests would spread throughout the province.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-05

The committee chaired by Kittiratt today just approved the fertiliser subsidy, not to intervene in the rubber prices. Yet, it agreed to extend the subsidy for upto 25 rai, not 10 rai as proposed earlier.

Now with just a subsidy for fertilizer per rai of land, the real wealthy, the owners of the land that the plantations are on, will put up the rental prices of land to the rubber farmers. I bet you anything you like.

• Like 1

So if they decided to block Swampy and/or DM who would stop them ? All very well having lots of Police with shields standing around in photo's but we all know what they did when the yellows closed Swampy....nothing. Maybe it would be different next time but if this bunch of cruds they call a Government were to call in the Army because chicken shit coppers run the other way; and the Army should start shooting a few people what then... Anarchy ?

I thought you were comparing current events to Ohio State University in 1969. Those shootings didnt lead to anarchy.

Anarchy is being without a government (and if the government call in the army that cannot be true) - its Greek you see. An = without,

...archy = rule.

What might actually happen would be that protesters ramp up the protests, fuelled by a new cause (martyrdom) and the violence increases.

However, that is not the way to solve the problem, only to make it worse.

This is where the policy of 'divide and rule' goes horribly wrong. Its a politically inept policy.

• Like 1

Jim

The committee chaired by Kittiratt today just approved the fertiliser subsidy, not to intervene in the rubber prices. Yet, it agreed to extend the subsidy for upto 25 rai, not 10 rai as proposed earlier.

Now with just a subsidy for fertilizer per rai of land, the real wealthy, the owners of the land that the plantations are on, will put up the rental prices of land to the rubber farmers. I bet you anything you like.

Once you forget your rather silly Jane Fonda nonsense, Gentleman Jim, you actually have hit the nail on the head. The real problem with the Thai agricultural scene is that the actual producers - be they rice farmers or rubber growers - are being totally shafted by the non-producers, the millers, the wealthy land-owners and the middle men. All of whom have thrived and diverted most of the cash wasted on the rice pledging sceme into their pockets and not to those who were supposed to benefit.

I need hardly add that very few of them are members of PTT, but then the Dems will need every baht they can get to buy the Southern vote next time!

... who copied the victorious yellows.

dont remember the yellow shirts trying to burn down BKK....giggle.gif

Me neither. But they have an extensive experience in seizing airports... I remember that one. >_>

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

Every Rubber Farmer in the World understands that no Government will compensate farmers for the drop in the world market pr ice for Rubber.

The fact is that the market price for Rubber rose by six times from it's year two-thousand base to reach it's amazing recent peak. The shortage of rubber that wreaked havoc in the vehicle rubber tyre manufacturing industry leading to interruptions in the production rate of cars is long over.

Therefor Rubber Farmers worldwide have had several years of windfall profits before this turndown. Particularly here in Thailand and Malaysia too. Rubber plantations Worldwide and especially here in Thailand have been frantically increasing their production since before 2010.

I personally know one family that is in the process of establishing a new rubber plantation right now at Udon Thani. It is my take on it that they still believe that they will make a killing as soon as Rubber prices turn around again.

There is no way that one can compare the decades problems of Thai Rice Farmers with the recent two year downturn turn that Rudder farmers are experiencing. The fact is the Rubber Farmers are lucky in that they were not subjected to 'Windfall Tax' at the time Rubber reached it several thousand percent peak around three years ago.

On the other hand The Rice Pledging Project is intended to compensate Rice Farmers for what they have done for Thailand in the past many decades for little of no profit. and bring their farms back into liquidity.

There is no way that the Rubber farmers can justify their riotous behaviour of late in Thailand. Their shameful protest is organised by the Democrats as yet another 'Killer Project' intended to bring PM Yingluck and her government down.. Like many of the other of Mr Abhisit's Killer Projects this one is also based upon a blatant lie.

Those who scoff at the warnings of arrest should cool off. The fact is that the present disturbance being whipped up by Democrat politicians is already verging on terrorism since it is in an unstable area which is under review for reformation and resolution, and having no justification in a sane world. If government property, especially military airfields and bases are blocked or invaded such could well result in lethal defence which would be lawful.

..... Maximum punishment is death.....

What kind of barbarity are we about to witness?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It appears it is 10 years for killing a cop with your car, but death for protesting. Most of the PM's cabinet should be on death row at this time.

Unfortunately, rice farmer is not comparable to rubber tree cultivation.

Thailand's rubber sector has a large value added sector, processing. Not all of the rubber growers or processors are protesting.

How come none of the experts in this thread refuses to acknowledge that the most important region in respect to rubber cultivation and processing is not experiencing the protests as seen specifically in the Democrat stronghold of Surat Thani?

Songkhla is where most of the rubber processing in Thailand takes place and yet there are no road blockages or threats.

Unfortunately, rice farmer is not comparable to rubber tree cultivation.

Thailand's rubber sector has a large value added sector, processing. Not all of the rubber growers or processors are protesting.

How come none of the experts in this thread refuses to acknowledge that the most important region in respect to rubber cultivation and processing is not experiencing the protests as seen specifically in the Democrat stronghold of Surat Thani?

Songkhla is where most of the rubber processing in Thailand takes place and yet there are no road blockages or threats.

Too busy with the other problem happens? My wife isn't at the protests, It doesn't mean she is happy. Thailand so far can still sell rubber. Mot all of the growers "own" the land. It's too steep for a Chanote title round here.