Gas Cylinder chained to Highway 7 Bridge support causes concern

Rimmer

Gas Cylinder chained to Highway 7 Bridge in East Pattaya causes concern

gas-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--A Civil Defense Volunteer who was on his way to a meeting spotted a Gas Cylinder chained to the pillar of a bridge on Highway 7 in East Pattaya on Wednesday afternoon.

Khun Sa-at aged 55 first called the Police who, despite the potential danger to the public, were not interested in attending the incident and told the volunteer to contact the Nongprue Administration Offices instead. They dispatched two officers who tried to unchain the cylinder which was hot-to-touch causing some concern that it could explode at any time.

Khun Mang, soon arrived, and claimed he was the owner of the cylinder which he used to fill balloons to be sold at a local market. He informed officers that he lived nearby but was too scared to leave the cylinder near his house so decided to chain it to the pillar of the bridge instead.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101507/gas-cylinder-chained-highway-7-bridge-east-pattaya-concern/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-05

Looks and sounds like Helium, the only real danger is lots of potential laughing thumbsup.gif

Not so, any cylinder that stores a gas under pressure has the ability to violently explode, flammable contents or not!

Yes and it being chained to a structural pillar of a bridge could cause the bridge to collapse under an explosion. I

wonder why it was "hot to touch" as they say?

Looks and sounds like Helium, the only real danger is lots of potential laughing thumbsup.gif

Not so, any cylinder that stores a gas under pressure has the ability to violently explode, flammable contents or not!

I can't say it would never happen, simply because I don't have enough evidence, but my comment was a little tongue in cheek anyway.