dates

itchybum

It's out of the way but an easy ride on the MRT - Kamphaeng Phet MRT (one station past Chatujak) Exit number 3 - Farmers Market (Or Tor Kor Market) Saturdays and Sundays only I believe. Picked up some this past week end 300 baht a kilo and were really good. If you haven't been to the market it's well worth the hike the quality of the veg and fruit is really good.

Edited by ToddWeston

It's out of the way but an easy ride on the MRT - Kamphaeng Phet MRT (one station past Chatujak) Exit number 3 - Farmers Market (Or Tor Kor Market) Saturdays and Sundays only I believe. Picked up some this past week end 300 baht a kilo and were really good. If you haven't been to the market it's well worth the hike the quality of the veg and fruit is really good.

Excellent, forgot about this place, know it well.

Thanks

in the past i would have suggested walking down the street and interjecting at appropriate moments "song roy". these days havent a clue.

otherwise ramadan in malaysia on your next visa run should allow you to stockup. they are in vast cheap and variety numbers in the supermarkets at this time.

red chinese dates from yarrowat area.

Edited by mamba yuck

• 1 month later...

Sorry for waking up this "sleeper" again.

My wife though the dates from Tops, Villa, etc were too expensive, so she went to a marked in KK and bought me 1/5 Kg (a pound) with dates for 150 Baht.

My question is, do they grow dates here in Thailand?

My wife though the dates from Tops, Villa, etc were too expensive, so she went to a marked in KK and bought me 1/5 Kg (a pound) with dates for 150 Baht.

No they like a HOT but more important DRY climate.

WIll grow but not produce good fruit, too wet, commonly you will find other types of this palms ie Phoenix Sylvestris, or P Roebellinii

Edited by kannot

So they are important in big bulks?

Again, in a marked in Khon Kaen, 100s of Kg with dates on a vendors table.

They grow in Pakistan probably the nearest country and also China. You mean imported I think?

They grow in Pakistan probably the nearest country and also China. You mean imported I think?

hehehe

yep, imported.

thnx mate.