Auditor General's Office no longer hearing complaints about Thai rice mortgage

webfact

Auditor General's Office no longer hearing complaints about rice mortgage

BANGKOK, 5 September 2013 (NNT) – The Office of the Auditor General has announced it will no longer hear complaints about suspected corruption in the rice mortgage scheme.

Auditor General's Office spokesperson Rakkecha Chaechai explained that the ceasing of complaint hearing was due to the office having determined that it was the Cabinet's power to carry out the policies it had declared to Parliament. The Auditor General thus has no authority to rule on the rice mortgage scheme.

However, the office has found that there were corruption problems in the implementation of the scheme, and has suggested that the government fix such problems for the next pledging season.

Issues touched on by the office included the duration of the mortgage period, prevention of using imported rice to enter the program, quality and quantity monitoring of rice in warehouses and more transparent means of releasing rice from stock.

According to the spokesman, the office has in its possession evidences implicating companies and individuals involved in corruptions in the rice mortgage program, and these evidences have been forwarded to the National Anti Corruption Commission.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-05 footer_n.gif

Hardly surprising to read that corruption has been legalized. Remind me which revered politician said that corruption is normal?

Now the DSI can prosecute with an iron fist all those that slandered the corrupt politicos that were theiving like bandits with their rice scheme.

I knew that a Shinawatra dictatorship would bring rapid changes, just didn't expect them to be so sudden and barefaced.

• Like 2

Thailand at its very best....... We all know the government has no interest whatsoever in stopping corruption

as that is what is funding the mansions, Ferrari cars, and mia nois for the corrupt elite. But it sure seems odd

to put out a headline saying no more complaints....

• Like 1

So does that mean the Government has been given the green light,

to pillage the Thai economy, no change as they just do what they

want anyway, no checks and balances here.

regards Worgeordie

It appears your analysis is correct. This has been one of the goals of this government.

If you cease to do audits and you are paid by work for, the audit general, is that the same as quitting your job?

The present government has incorporated the lessons learned by big brother, while employed by the RTP. Enforcement can and will be dependent on the whim of those who benifet most from the corrupt system.

We have seen the PM ignore requests for her attendance at paraliment, The foreign service ignore the order to cancel (again) Thaksin's passport, curtailment and threats to public speech, and publication, auditors quit auditing, cabnit increase public debt for corrupt programs and then add vast sums to the scam outside the budget debate.Is any one person really in control of this buffet table or is really a 'pitch till you win' affair?

I read it that they had found evidence of corruption so were handing the case over to the NACC???

They just do not want to look any farther into the pit which gobbles rice, money, etc. The methods for corruption were laid out for them by others,. It does appear that they have not found/named any wrong doing by the politicans involved, and it looks like they may not, if they are taking no more complaints.

I have given up on showing any concern for the collapse of the Thai economy, essentially because Thais themselves don't appear to give a sh1t about it...! When 'it' really hits the fan, Moody's and co. will pull the rug out from underneath this government and they will see huge withdrawals of foreign investment as their credit rating is slashed.

If, and that is a very big 'if', those who support this criminal mafia, loosely referred to as a government, eventually see the light, and get rid of them, perhaps an incoming government with greater concern for the nation can actually succeed in bringing this epidemic of rampant corruption to an end, then maybe they will be able to recover the economy in the long term. In the meantime, I am checking the GBP-THB exchange rate on a daily basis ... and loving it.

Who knows, maybe they will <deleted> everything up so much we will see the heady days of 76 baht to the pound....!

• Like 1

I have given up on showing any concern for the collapse of the Thai economy, essentially because Thais themselves don't appear to give a sh1t about it...! When 'it' really hits the fan, Moody's and co. will pull the rug out from underneath this government and they will see huge withdrawals of foreign investment as their credit rating is slashed.

If, and that is a very big 'if', those who support this criminal mafia, loosely referred to as a government, eventually see the light, and get rid of them, perhaps an incoming government with greater concern for the nation can actually succeed in bringing this epidemic of rampant corruption to an end, then maybe they will be able to recover the economy in the long term. In the meantime, I am checking the GBP-THB exchange rate on a daily basis ... and loving it.

Who knows, maybe they will <deleted> everything up so much we will see the heady days of 76 baht to the pound....!

for sure the $ will come back to 35 ? 39 and the GBP to 70 plus roll on man.

"Issues touched on by the office included the duration of the mortgage period.."

Yes, the "revolving fund" at the government owned Agricultural Bank is due, and the balance is around 700 billion baht. The government also robbed 1/2 of the Agricultural Bank's capital, another 100 billion baht. The next round of purchases for the upcoming crop will be much more than another 200 billion baht, making the total owed more than 1 trillion baht.

There not only is no way and no plan to pay it back, but corruption is making it worse by the day.

This is the tip of the iceberg. Corruption in condo developer loans, corruption in water management money, and on and on.

If someone did a real audit on Thai banks including their rice scheme, new home loan scheme and new car schemes, and condo developer loans all of those banks especially the government owned banks would be so far under water they'd have to be shut down.

As a result of the '97 crash, the IMF bailed out the Thai banks and they've never paid it back. What's next?

Have any Thais heard of Greece and Spain?

I doubt it, and their govs are the IRA compared to the 9/11 terrorists equivalant here, when u think of the differences in scale and wot's happening here.

Any doubters, please look bak to sum of my previous posts re. moving money overseas, then deliberately collapsing the baht, then bringing bak the vastly increased funds to buy and control the country. The rice farmers will be the first to lose. Remember Someone's plan to have the Arabs create mega, mechanised rice farms here?

Sed before it was easy to work out. Now, it is happening..

I think there's only hard times to come.

Edited by Soi Sauce

So does that mean the Government has been given the green light,

to pillage the Thai economy, no change as they just do what they

want anyway, no checks and balances here.

regards Worgeordie

No, all that happened a long time ago.

"Who knows, maybe they will <deleted> everything up so much we will see the heady days of 76 baht to the pound....!"

Sweeeeeet Dreams smile.png

Rampant corruption is a concept only seen in Thailand since the arrival of Thaksin. LMFAO How did the financiers of the last coup make their money and that was way before Thaksin. History lesson and research for you

Does anyone have any other thought than the rice pledging is a scam. Is that the best you can come up with. Not a link that proves anything suggested. The truth about the scheme is simple...its about putting a group of seriously powerful and wealthy exporters out of business, partly because it is alledged they were one of the major sponsors of the coup that ousted Thaksin.

Nobody mentions how many millions of dollars these 35 or so families are losing everyday in an attempt to service contracts to supply rice now they are having to fulfill contract with rice bought from other countries. Can anybody post a photo of a rice mountain other than in a government store. I think not because now they are all gone. The only people with rice now are the government whereas before there was mountains of rice everywhere but nobody posted on here about it rotting. Rice supplies everywhere so that if the isaan oiks kicked off they would starve before the stocks ran out. A well operated plan for decades and not a murmur on here.

When this all settles, if the exporters want back in the game they will pay a fair rate not the pittance that made them billionaires before. They will not be allowed to have emergency stocks of 3 times what is required, they will store an emergency stock which will be dictated by the government then pay a fair price.

Rampant corruption is a concept only seen in Thailand since the arrival of Thaksin. LMFAO How did the financiers of the last coup make their money and that was way before Thaksin. History lesson and research for you

I'm afraid that corruption is very much a part of politics and Thailand is no different. I'm sure there are honest politicians here just as there are honest cops but they're devilishly hard to find.

Edited by bigbamboo

"Auditor General's Office spokesperson Rakkecha Chaechai explained that the ceasing of complaint hearing was due to the office having determined that it was the Cabinet's power to carry out the policies it had declared to Parliament. The Auditor General thus has no authority to rule on the rice mortgage scheme.

However, the office has found that there were corruption problems in the implementation of the scheme, and has suggested that the government fix such problems for the next pledging season."

So in other words, as long as PT hold power they can do no wrong. Wow.

Problem is, this time it's not going to be Soros fault, but maybe farangs in general.

The government still has the facility to manipulate all the issues and all the issues that involves in their Departments. whatever the news says, they will just reject all the complaints and investigation through their departments as if they've heard nothing.

Corruption is still lingering for almost thousand of years and even the history says everything, "Hear no evil, see no evil"