1st 'retirement' extension ....Financial Requirements

I'd be most grateful if anyone can provide an 'official' link for the financial requirements regarding the amount of time 800,000baht must be seasoned for the 1st yearly extension on the basis of retirement.

I have a single entry 90 day non immigrant 'O' visa.

Many people say on this forum, for the first extension it's 60 days seasoning but my immigration office requested 90 days and suggested a trip to Laos for another visa to give me more time. Eventually, after some friendly banter, they relented and issued my extension stating it was a 'special case'!

Before anyone jumps the gun, no 'tea money' was asked for and none given.

Just out of curiousity, I'd like to find an 'official' link stating this to see who is right.

Many thanks in advance.

Officially, two months for the first extension is correct. Subsequent extensions are three months.

There is NO DOUBT about that.

But that doesn't matter to you at all if your local immigration officers say differently!

If he says their office INCORRECTLY enforces three months, you are stuck with that.

You aren't in a position to challenge their error.

This isn't unusual. Many cases over the years of provincial offices enforcing the official rules incorrectly.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Many thanks .... clarified.

Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf (Same link)

clause: 2.22

The officer I dealt with did ask me to email him the link if I found it contained on an official site but I don't want to rock the boat!

• Like 1

Officially, two months for the first extension is correct. Subsequent extensions are three months.

There is NO DOUBT about that.

But that doesn't matter to you at all if your local immigration officers say differently!

If he says their office INCORRECTLY enforces three months, you are stuck with that.

You aren't in a position to challenge their error.

This isn't unusual. Many cases over the years of provincial offices enforcing the official rules incorrectly.

Cheers.

From my several years of experience dealing with the PSB (Public Security Bureau) in China concerning visas, I didn't expect LOS to be any different!

Different days, different officers, different rules.

Must admit, this young guy was very amicable and helpful, a lot better than what I had been led to believe. He answered many questions I wanted to clarify but maybe not with the answers I was hoping for, oh well.