Man arrested for growing Marijuana

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannabis is an illegal drug in Thailand. It is also a potentially dangerous one. You will hear the misinformed hedonists waxing lyrical about the fact that it never hurt anyone, but they never treated psychotic or schizophrenic patients whose misery was triggered by cannabis addiction. And, smoking it is linked to carcinoma of the lungs, cvd and a number of life threatening illnesses. Misplaced sympathy for someone trafficking in drugs is mistaken, foolish and ignorant.

You need to get yourself up to speed , those people you say it triggered and other stuff....your just the kind of Patsy the plastic manufacturers love.

And the drug co. and the booze companies . Most people that prefer to keep Marijuana illegal are usually making money off of it. Cartels donate to anti -pot politicos , Police and Govts. waste so much time and money on the War on Drugs , you need to see this CNN Report by Dr. Sanjay., Dr. Robert,weren't you a Beatles song and whered you get your doctorate , on-line a Medline!

Check this report out.

http://thewizardofrockandroll.blogspot.com/2013/09/dr-sanjay-gupta-weed-documentary-full-hd.html?zx=767cf2a1f274ce5a

• Like 1

Cannabis is an illegal drug in Thailand. It is also a potentially dangerous one. You will hear the misinformed hedonists waxing lyrical about the fact that it never hurt anyone, but they never treated psychotic or schizophrenic patients whose misery was triggered by cannabis addiction. And, smoking it is linked to carcinoma of the lungs, cvd and a number of life threatening illnesses. Misplaced sympathy for someone trafficking in drugs is mistaken, foolish and ignorant.

Wikipedia disagrees with you with respect to the health risks associated with cannabis use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_cannabis

Edited by cocopops

A serious criminal has been apprehended. cheesy.gif

He liked taking drugs? Can the reporting be more banal and childish, please?

This man should be applauded for trying to grow organic weed. Even the police was impressed, if I get that right from this "article"

Silly man forgot to make a deal with the neighborhood BIB.

Thailand is always a bit behind the times. Just as parts of the USA have made it legal, Thailand cracks down.

What a person wishes to do with their own body is their business, however, I do not 'do drugs' or get drunk (same category).

Amazingly, in some places Marijuana is a pervasive weed, which farmers have a difficult time removing...LOL

Oh, chill out. If it's so "potentially dangerous" then how is it that up until about thirty years ago (I'm not exactly sure when it was illegalized) Cannabis was commonly and widely used in Thai culture for hundreds of years ... probably thousands ... and Thai people and culture did just fine.

The reason the Thai government ... and many other countries ... illegalized Cannabis is because the USA forced them to, by extortion ... i.e., "Either illegalize Cannabis or you're disqualified for that agriculture aid you want from the USA."

When I first came to Thailand thirty-five years ago, I saw pot being commonly and frequently used in rural areas ... with no hassle from local police ... and sometimes I'd share a bong with the locals ... and I'm talking about the older folks, not the younger ones. Even today, my friend's Thai wife still makes an old family recipe of ganga chicken. I've eaten it several times but never gotten stoned from the delicious dish. However, once my girlfriend ate a lot of the dregs at the bottom of the cooking pan and became completely zonked and slept a very deep and long sleep that night. She awoke late the next morning with no hangover or side effects, except for a ravenous appetite. 555

In the early '80's it was available on any street stall in BKK.

Biggest joke was it was sold in brand marked heroin bags. I personally do not use heroin or any of it's derivatives.

You need to get yourself up to speed , those people you say it triggered and other stuff....your just the kind of Patsy the plastic manufacturers love.

And the drug co. and the booze companies . Most people that prefer to keep Marijuana illegal are usually making money off of it. Cartels donate to anti -pot politicos , Police and Govts. waste so much time and money on the War on Drugs , you need to see this CNN Report by Dr. Sanjay., Dr. Robert,weren't you a Beatles song and whered you get your doctorate , on-line a Medline!

Check this report out.

http://thewizardofrockandroll.blogspot.com/2013/09/dr-sanjay-gupta-weed-documentary-full-hd.html?zx=767cf2a1f274ce5a

Plenty of Thais seem to get themselves up to speed!! Yabba Dabba Doo

More power to him. It is people such as him that may lead to the decriminalization of posession of marijuana in Thailand. As it has due to the efforts of myself and many others in Canada and the U.S. over the past 50 years.

Sending a statement Thailand time to decriminialize marijuana and yaba.

If you don't like the laws of the land, try to change them not break them. That's if it's your country.

He knew he was a criminal regardless of what you might think.

BTW, that "chap" on the right is the senior Cholburi Police General and he spent half his working life undercover chasing illegal drugs so he would not be sampling.

You are one seriously deluded dudelaugh.png

• Like 2

If you say socoffee1.gif

• Like 1

If you don't like the laws of the land, try to change them not break them. That's if it's your country.

BTW, that "chap" on the right is the senior Cholburi Police General and he spent half his working life undercover chasing illegal drugs so he would not be sampling.

dude.... have a smoke... relax.. you're sort of bumming everyone else out...

Interesting comment for a person who uses the name of the doctor who supplied the Beatles with their illegal drugs...Dr. Robert!

post-147745-0-72626200-1378524023_thumb.

You are one seriously deluded dudelaugh.png

Enlighten me, oh wise one ....

You're in the bubble!!! You're in the bubble!!!!!

1)The link between mental illness and cannabis is pure coincidence. There is not a shred of evidence that cannabis alone triggers these illnesses.

2) The link between carcinoma of the lungs and cannabis is purely down to some users smoking it with Tobacco. Once again not a shred of evidence that proves it triggers CVD and other life threatening illnesses. You can bet your bottom dollar that most cases will be down to poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle.

3) An addiction/obsession to anything, anything you can imagine, might result in negative effects on your physical and mental well being. The benefits of Cannabis far outweigh the negatives. It should not be illegal just because you think a few people might abuse it.

How about Cannabis causing Paranoia and Depression?

1)The link between mental illness and cannabis is pure coincidence. There is not a shred of evidence that cannabis alone triggers these illnesses.

2) The link between carcinoma of the lungs and cannabis is purely down to some users smoking it with Tobacco. Once again not a shred of evidence that proves it triggers CVD and other life threatening illnesses. You can bet your bottom dollar that most cases will be down to poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle.

3) An addiction/obsession to anything, anything you can imagine, might result in negative effects on your physical and mental well being. The benefits of Cannabis far outweigh the negatives. It should not be illegal just because you think a few people might abuse it.

Don't you mean possibly contributing instead of causing???

A bit like alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, junk food, masturbation, speed, coke, ecstasy, heroin, meth.....

• Like 2

Weed doesn't cause these issues. What it does, is bring certain shortcomings to ones attention.. If you are the type who cannot bear slight paranoia and depression from a few home truths due to deep reflection, then you should probably lay off all kinds of medicinal treatment. You will certainly be in no fit state to comment about the miracle plant......

A bit like alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, junk food, masturbation, speed, coke, ecstasy, heroin, meth.....

Yes I know most smokers claim Cannabis is as harmless as drinking Lemonade.However research evidence doesn't back that up,there are dozens of websites,that list the medical harm that can be done. Here is one at random!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-205447/Cannabis-causes-mental-illness.html

Really seems much ado about nothing. More about publicity than anything else.

Think they should just smack him on the wrist and send him on his way.

Best kept out of the news, as it will likely polarise opinion instead of getting the public on-side.

I'm certainly not pro drugs. I don't even like to take pain killers or drink coffee, but making an example of someone growing a pesticide free organic substance seems counter productive. Especially when they themselves put the material in such a low classification.

Seems as if people are accepting the loss of their basic freedoms without question.

I say leave the man alone. Hardly a menace to society. Much bigger fish out there to fry.

This bust will cause a good deal of confusion and in fighting down at the station. The police will be arguing between themselves over what the appropriate price should be when they peddle the seized dope back out on to the streets of Pattaya. That is why officer Somchai was extolling the care taken to ensure an organic product. He was doing some free marketing to ensure he gets top dollar when he sells his share of the seizure...

• Like 2

Yes I know most smokers claim Cannabis is as harmless as drinking Lemonade.However research evidence doesn't back that up,there are dozens of websites,that list the medical harm that can be done. Here is one at random!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-205447/Cannabis-causes-mental-illness.html

I thought you were going to offer me medical research. Its article from the daily Mail...

Still, you are missing my point. There is not one shred of evidence to prove that Cannabis is the sole cause of any mental/physical illnesses. If you abuse it however, and combine it with several other lifestyle factors, then yes, there is a negative downside. But the same can be said for any other addiction or obsession. The physical and mental health benefits of Cannabis are numerous, which far far outweigh the negatives.

I'm sure we agree that a glass of Lemonade each day is good for you right? Lots of Vitamin C and other nutrients if freshly made. However, if I decide I like it so much I'm going to drink 20 glasses of it each day, I'm now at risk of becoming a type 2 Diabetic.

Catch my drift?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by lukey1979
  • Like 1

., Dr. Robert,weren't you a Beatles song and whered you get your doctorate , on-line a Medline!

Check this report out.

Ironic that the anti-cannabis guy uses the name of a Beatles song which is actually about the dentist who originally slipped John and george LSD

This bust will cause a good deal of confusion and in fighting down at the station. The police will be arguing between themselves over what the appropriate price should be when they peddle the seized dope back out on to the streets of Pattaya. That is why officer Somchai was extolling the care taken to ensure an organic product. He was doing some free marketing to ensure he gets top dollar when he sells his share of the seizure...

Also...why in blazes would the TOP COP of Chonburi even concern himself with an insignificant matter such as this??? Good photo op or what cheesy.gif

After watching the news vid I must say I am more confused. The busted guy even gets interviewed and gets to explain why he did this. Does anyone know how the BIB found out about him?

The cops walking around the guys growroom seemed to be impressed by his efforts to grow his own chemical free weed.

The Chonburi top cop is just there for the PR. I don't believe that he thinks this is an important bust.

Ya sep thit, my a$$.