Thai police call sexual harassment claim a "nonsense case"

webfact

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I frankly can't believe the number of posts putting down the alleged victim. Apparently there aren't many people here who have mothers, daughters, sisters, wives or female friends which they respect and expect not to be groped by strangers. You people are disgusting.

So do you think that sexual assault of a woman is OK? (I have not mentioned feminism in one post since I joined TV)

Do you believe that a woman who objects to having her breast grabbed (which is against the law) is a feminist?

Do you believe you have the right to touch any woman where you want to?

touch a woman's breast is not an assault, if she did't accept his courtship it would be enough just slap him and not taking him to jail and ruin his life. This is not a prerogative of a state to incarcerate a man if he touched a breast or just looked on a lady so she "feel harassed" (there are real cases of just a "harassing by look" in Us and UK)

But feminism as a fundamentalist ideology encourage a state to force a woman to play man's role. For example, in US even though women pilots have an accident rate four times that of men pilots, federal laws require that airlines risk the safety of passengers and hire women pilots anyway. Because left fundamentalist don't care if reality doesn't correspond with there beliefs of equality. This is not normal for a human nature and destroy the society very very quickly, which you see in your country now.

Reality is that people are not equal. As Lee Quan Yu (a creator of modern Singapore) said about this case:

"These are realities that, if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending money on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow."

So you are terming 'grabbing her breast' as a courtship gesture, is that correct?

Is rape a courtship gesture?

I think you are disturbed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the situation and conversations in the van at the time, is what would clear things up, it couldn't have been serious otherwise,all the other passengers wouldn't be saying waste of time, of course no one has the right to touch anybody anywhere, secondly if he is homeless,what should we do,hang him? was he drunk? is he mentally unstable? a slap in the face would have worked and amused the spectators..IMHO...giggle.gif

Yes, and if she slapped a Thai man in the face, there doubtless would have been an assault case for her to press.

The passengers were saying it was a "waste of time" because it didn't happen to them and they couldn't be bothered to inconvenience themselves to help out a stranger.

As one of the Panthip members was quoted, "Would it have been different if the man had knocked off a policeman's hat?

So...other people were frustrated, so she should not feel harassed?

When is the harassment report- worthy?

When he gropes her under her skirt?

When less people are made inconvenient by the woman who has been harassed?

When it is YOUR daughter, who was touched and groped by a stranger on a bus?

Bravo, I was finding it hard to believe that the vast majority of posters here had no sympathy whatsoever for the girl and found it perfectly acceptable behaviour for a total stranger to fondle someone on public transport.

As you so rightly say, would their response be different if it happened to be their daughter? I think the answer is a resounding YES!

Yes, it never ceases to amaze how many boneheaded a-holes there are round these parts... Reading the Sun Newspaper, Whoremonging... Decades of uninterrupted drinking... it changes a fella's attitude towards women.

Considering thai girls breast size I would say the man touched nothing so I understand why the cops said its nonsense.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

So by that rationale, I suppose you wouldn't mind if the guy grabbed your dick.

• Like 2

So...other people were frustrated, so she should not feel harassed?

When is the harassment report- worthy?

When he gropes her under her skirt?

When less people are made inconvenient by the woman who has been harassed?

When it is YOUR daughter, who was touched and groped by a stranger on a bus?

When is a harrassment report worthy? When it is serious and when it can't be dealt with by the people on the spot. In this case, a clever woman would have just shamed the man verbally in the eyes of all the other passengers. That would have been enough to punish most Thai men and make them pretty reluctant to do it again. Those are the two things the woman should want. A clever woman wouldn't have to go to the police over it. I guess this was not a clever woman.

And I suppose there is the presumption here that you are a clever man... Have you ever seen the reaction of many Thai men to public humiliation? It is often violent... and doubtless her fellow passengers would have just stood by and watched the girl take a beating. I think it was rather clever of her to ensure she had the protection of the police - for what that's worth.

Just a two-stage note to a surprisingly large contingent of TV members. 1. Grabbing a woman's breast is not a big deal when one is a gogo bar - even though she is still entitled to slap you. 2. The country is not actually one enormous gogo bar, though it is tempting to think so if that is where you spend most of your spare time.

• Like 1