Roadside Stand Cooking, Selling, Serving Dog. How to turn-in to Authorities

KMA

As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal. The SPCA has been trying to get an animal cruelty law passed in Thailand for I think 11 years now, and has yet to be successful.

Assuming they're cooking up soi dogs, I would imagine there's some pretty severe health hazards to it. Have you seen how diseased those soi dogs are? Gross! Couldn't imagine eating that.

Edited by Nautilus05

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just my 2 peneth worth,

one of the other posters says he eats horse and rabbit,

now having been round horses all my life, i just couldnt bring myself to eat one,

rabbits, ive shot or got them with dogs at night thousands of them and love to eat it,

people have different taists, and see animals in a different way, what they see as food we dont,

same for the french, i couldnt eat snails,, yuck,,lol

as long as they kill whatever animal they are going to eat humanely i dont have a problem with it,

each to there own, just because we live here, the thai people shouldnt have to change because we dont like something they do,

ive worked all over the world and seen some terrible things being eaten,, but like i say im just working there, i dont have to join in, i dont have to eat what they are eating,

i couldnt sit round a table eating monkey brains, but others do,!!

the world is a big and veried place.

im sorry but in this i think you are just going to have to live with it, or find another way to walk home so you dont have to see it,

jake

OP should use a smart phone to make a video of the stand and post it on You Tube. Say you were on vacation and could not believe how upsetting it was to see people eating dogs. Say your vacation was ruined after seeing the dogs loaded onto the trucks and sitting in the tropic heat with no food or water. Include some photos in the video of the dogs in truck cages. Call the clip something like "Your Thailand Vacation Dollars Support Animal Cruelly" or "Man's Best Friend Face Horrors in Thailand". Then forward a link to PETA and the Thai Tourist Bureau. Do it more than once. Maybe you have a friend outside Thailand that could post the clip for you, that way, no direct link to you inside Thailand.

OP should use a smart phone to make a video of the stand and post it on You Tube. Say you were on vacation and could not believe how upsetting it was to see people eating dogs. Say your vacation was ruined after seeing the dogs loaded onto the trucks and sitting in the tropic heat with no food or water. Include some photos in the video of the dogs in truck cages. Call the clip something like "Your Thailand Vacation Dollars Support Animal Cruelly" or "Man's Best Friend Face Horrors in Thailand". Then forward a link to PETA and the Thai Tourist Bureau. Do it more than once. Maybe you have a friend outside Thailand that could post the clip for you, that way, no direct link to you inside Thailand.

shall we do the same with the pigs that get collected from farms all over thailand,

you must of seen them loaded into cages and the back of a pick up,

but thats ok they are only pigs, not mans best friend,,

thats the bit i dont get, if you want to do all this for one animal, then please do it for all,!!!

and its not just thailand by the way, ive seen lorrys with loads of sheep on them going to slaughter, some dead when they have gotten there, and thats in england !!!

it happens all over the world,

jake

i no what your saying, but after all its there country,

some people have been eating dogs for generations, i wouldnt do it,

in england and lots of other places all over the world, little fluffy rabbits are bread for the table,

like i say if they kill the animal humanely i havnt got a problem with it,

its just the way of the world,

i can remember working in norway and eating raindeer and ringing my daughter and saying cancel christmass dads just eaten rudolf,,lol,

different country different ways, thats all im saying

jake

As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal. The SPCA has been trying to get an animal cruelty law passed in Thailand for I think 11 years now, and has yet to be successful.

Assuming they're cooking up soi dogs, I would imagine there's some pretty severe health hazards to it. Have you seen how diseased those soi dogs are? Gross! Couldn't imagine eating that.

Correct, the draft Bill was passed, but yet to be enacted. Also there is no government funding for animal welfare, so it's left to dog charities, donations for temples etc. It is estimated that more than 70% of "saved dogs" die due to lack of care. I guess those that survive live on in less than optiminal environments, other than in the scheme of things, comparitively very few supported by the likes of Soi Dog Foundation.

"There is currently no legislation in Thailand as regards animal welfare apart Criminal Law, which states that it is illegal to commit an act of cruelty towards an animal and that the maximum sentence is one month in prison or a fine of 1000 THB or both"

What is the difference between eating dog and cow?? apart form your sensitivities that is.

Id  say they are doing Thailand a great service, I'd  have no qualms  eating it if  I liked the taste.

On that note, whst is the difference between eating dog and eating your mother or children? Perhaps they could be slaughtered the same as dog; beaten to death with a stick in order to get high levels of adrenaline

Btw i love my dog as much as you love your family;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app