Sinet fiber optic, any reviews?

seesip

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for all these information and for sharing speed tests.

123Chiangmai123, are you still happy with Sinet so far ? May I ask you if you still get good values (mainly ping) when you do speedtest in Europe (France, Switzerland, Belgium) ?

Onlytime I use european servers are when I watch football or european hockey however I can say onething if you use the same sites or servers all the time you can contact them if the speed is not good to certain servers to see if there is a way to change traffic path to and from. ISP's only control outgoing traffic so they will have to contact their partner in certain countries to adjust their packet paths to optimize speed. i am still happy with mine and would gladly paymore even if the price is higher. I am upgrading to 50/20soon since I torrent alot, watch netflix and live sports not to mention3 other computers sharing the same connection it is only 1990+7%tax per month

Thanks a lot for all these information and for sharing speed tests.

123Chiangmai123, are you still happy with Sinet so far ? May I ask you if you still get good values (mainly ping) when you do speedtest in Europe (France, Switzerland, Belgium) ?

That's exactly what I wanted to know. I would like to watch some live sports in Switzerland/France, but I need to use the VPN because most of the websites use geographic restriction to access their live stream...

I was just afraid this would slow down the loading of the stream, making it impossible to watch. I'm not expecting to watch HD stream but if I can watch SD almost flawlessly this would be perfect! Since you're not complaining when you're watching football/hockey in Europe, I guess it's working fine for you!

I have seen this in my building, it says it's a promotion, 599 instead of 899 for the 15Mb connection.

Thanks again

post-229332-0-50617400-1433263656_thumb.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. I would like to watch some live sports in Switzerland/France, but I need to use the VPN because most of the websites use geographic restriction to access their live stream...

I was just afraid this would slow down the loading of the stream, making it impossible to watch. I'm not expecting to watch HD stream but if I can watch SD almost flawlessly this would be perfect! Since you're not complaining when you're watching football/hockey in Europe, I guess it's working fine for you!

I have seen this in my building, it says it's a promotion, 599 instead of 899 for the 15Mb connection.

Thanks again

Actually give pakin a call088-870-0706 he told me as of june 1st you can get 25/8for 699 and 35/5 for 899. I use dns server which makes it alot faster then vpn I used. He also recommended me to that ask him info he can give you that more thenI could. It just works for my US netflix, north american and european sports. He will recommend you the best one

Thanks again

I also checked the dns server they recommended me has a server in france, luxemburg, switzerland,belgium,holland, finland, germany, UK,sweden, ireland and denmark. I can tell you that you won't need a vpn

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had a pretty dismal first couple of days introduction to sinet. Not getting advertised speeds, today my first day that I needed stability as the markets are open and im trading, I get an outage for around an hour, called customer service twice, both times told me they would have a technician contact me within the hour. I got no technician contact me, and the net just started working again after an hour so didnt follow through..so out of two days one had a service outage, which I can not have happening with my line of work. I have been doing speedtests every so often to check, around 50% of the time I am not getting my advertised.

I was getting better stability from the free internet that came with the condo, which I do not have access to any more as sinet took over my LAN connection, even though at the store they told me they would be installing another connection so I could have sinet and keep the condos internet as a backup.. but no in person the technicians couldnt do it.

Very disappointed with the product and customer service here so far , definitely do not recommend.

Just went out again, I cant believe this, my free internet with the condo was heaps better than this crap. Called customer service another 3 times, been promised a technician within the hour since about 11 this morning, its 5.30 still no one has shown up and no phone calls.

Ive had a pretty dismal first couple of days introduction to sinet. Not getting advertised speeds, today my first day that I needed stability as the markets are open and im trading, I get an outage for around an hour, called customer service twice, both times told me they would have a technician contact me within the hour. I got no technician contact me, and the net just started working again after an hour so didnt follow through..so out of two days one had a service outage, which I can not have happening with my line of work. I have been doing speedtests every so often to check, around 50% of the time I am not getting my advertised.

I was getting better stability from the free internet that came with the condo, which I do not have access to any more as sinet took over my LAN connection, even though at the store they told me they would be installing another connection so I could have sinet and keep the condos internet as a backup.. but no in person the technicians couldnt do it.

Very disappointed with the product and customer service here so far , definitely do not recommend.

Mine has been running netflix straight since 8:30am. I would give Pakin as other poster stated he will get to the bottom of your issue his number is posted in earlier in this thread

Mine has been running netflix straight since 8:30am. I would give Pakin as other poster stated he will get to the bottom of your issue his number is posted in earlier in this thread

You have a total of 32 posts on the forum and the overwhelming majority of them are extolling the virtues of the Sinet internet provider. Not saying you do work for Sinet but it sure seems like you have a strong interest in promoting the product here.

Ill give that guy a call if it goes out again today, im watching like a hawk, doesnt exactly inspire confidence in when it went out 3 times for me yesterday. I am hopeful its just issues with setting up a new conenction , they put the server in my condo building specifically for me, maybe they need to iron out a few things. But very dismal customer service so far.

Internet went down again now at around 1pm. This is such a joke of a service. I was in a trade that was profitable and by the time I loaded the platform up on my laptop and connected to 3G I had to take a loss, more than would have paid for a year of 3BBs most expensive fiber package. I am so annoyed with this Sinet 'service', I wish I didnt pay the year upfront cause I would have been cancelling ASAP.

As I said before the free internet with my condo (which is with CAT) never had a stability issue. Whereas Sinet on the other hand, in the three days I have had 'service' there were 4 outages on the second day all averaging around 40 mins, and one outage today (third day) so far which has been over four hours today with no service.

I called support, once again they told me they would have a technician call me within the hour. No call back, no technician showing up. I am usually a calm positive guy but this got my blood boiling seeing as I lost money on the trade and free internet was better than their product, and I had to call 5 times yesterday with no call back, and then today again with no call back. I called the sales guy Chai and let off some steam, also called Pakin who was mentioned in this thread, his english was excellent as previously stated, but that doesnt get my internet working. He said it was an issue with the network switch in my building and they are going to try to connect me to another building in 3 hours or so.. But I have zero confidence in the stability of sinet now.

Been 4 hours without internet now, called back customer service, now they tell me its not network switch but a cable is physically broken. I ask why I was not called about this when they had promised a call back, get the usual 'sorry sir.' I then call my sales guy who had promised me to send a team saying where is the team you promised, he said "they not call you?" no they havent called me, he then tells me the cable is broken too. I am asking them to get sinet off my lan and put my lan connection back to the free internet I had with the condo, which is 100% more stable than sinet.

I called customer service to try to get some accountability here, this time asking for names, so got onto a girl named Fon, who told me she would call the technicians and call back when she had the time they would actually come, an hour passes no call, I call back asking for Fon, long pause, then put me on hold, then come back 'Fon busy now could I help you'. just such a joke.

Pakin called me back, seems on the ball, Im not connected to another server as the line to my building was apparently broken 50 metres away from the building so any movement in the line was causing disconnections. He said he will keep an eye on my connection for the next few days. Its back up and running now but still getting speedtests less than half what I paid for.

I regret ever getting Sinet, positive of this situation is others can learn from my mistake, my recommendation to anyone thinking of getting one of their packages (dont know why you would, if i was you I would stay away ) is go for the month package first, experience this crap for yourself, you can pay monthly with no contract or cancellation fee, then if you like it go for a longer package. If i was smarter and less trusting I would have gone down this route myself. I am thinking this may be a sunk cost now and get this disconnected and go with 3bb. Waste of time and money.

Sinet has been by far the worst ISP I have experienced in Thailand. Their customer service not far behind if not for Pakin it would be the worst.

Hi Wise monkey have just watched our local farmer set up a big screen in the field behind us I managed to find out he is planning to stream the ashes series so his cows can watch it.

Great fibre optics out here in the sticks

Hope you get connected soon . F.

Hi Wise monkey have just watched our local farmer set up a big screen in the field behind us I managed to find out he is planning to stream the ashes series so his cows can watch it.

Great fibre optics out here in the sticks

Hope you get connected soon . F.

Hahaha, must want his cows to have a nap. Yeah it seriously is amazing that out in rice paddies there was super fast fiber, but here in the city same block at Maya lifestyle shopping mall, have these issues. Driving me nuts. In fairness its been better since the new cable.. will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

If the service is as terrible as you describe then I'd say it's worth your time to go to Sinet and tell them you want your money back because they are not satisfying their portion of the contract.

Funny how the Sinet shill/employee - TV member 123Chiangmai123 - is suddenly not posting on this thread any longer about how Sinet is the best thing since Al Gore invented the internet.

If the service is as terrible as you describe then I'd say it's worth your time to go to Sinet and tell them you want your money back because they are not satisfying their portion of the contract.

Funny how the Sinet shill/employee - TV member 123Chiangmai123 - is suddenly not posting on this thread any longer about how Sinet is the best thing since Al Gore invented the internet.

Ill give it a chance now, hopefully problem was ironed out today. And Pakin who was recommended on this thread really does seem like he's a professional at handling this. Maybe its clear sailings ahead and I become the the new 123Chiangmai123

Dear appletons I have used almost all the ISP's in thailand except TOT I just give straight opinion on my experience, especially what I encountered personally with Sinet staff name Pakin who helped me more then his job required as some posters here stated, this is just my personal experience if anyone contacted him and found him to be unhelpful I would gladly take the blame for giving an extra path to get your issues resolved especially something not normally encountered on a regular basis, I could even go into other companies names who told me it is not their job to get some of my issues resolved simply because it is regarding to foreign sites but this is about sinet page so I try not to give much info on it, hack I can even admit my service was down for the first time lastweek due to Power company working on their power lines. I do post alot on other companies too but on pantip in Thai and very little on sinet there :) This forum is meant to share eachother useful information and it would be wrong of me to know something and not share since I already went through hell with many companies trying to get my issues fixed. Good luck keep the experiences coming that's what thos forum is for

You have a total of 32 posts on the forum and the overwhelming majority of them are extolling the virtues of the Sinet internet provider. Not saying you do work for Sinet but it sure seems like you have a strong interest in promoting the product here.

• 8 months later...

Got my new mean looking router from Sinet today it is worth it getting a 50mb down/20up package from them I just tried streaming netflix in 4k going with 2 computers the same time without a hitch. Wifi got me full speed they advertised with 5G channel. Cant believe this is a loaner I only paid a 500 baht deposit they told me it is only for higher packages though gigabit lan port as well. Best service I ever had in Thailand at least they have someone to support you in English that alone expats like us should support them to keep this going( we all know they don't have to do it) Thai companies have taken advantage of us without providing any support this is just an added bonus. By the way my friend got a support from them in German and Japanese as well. World class!!!post-232164-0-68246400-1457714502_thumb.

• 3 months later...

A friend of mine got a 500/100 in his condo no contract so I asked sinet today it is confirmed that they can do it in about 200 buildings in Chiang Mai now this was at the shine condo but not the only place that can do it quite abit of work their technician who answer on facebook is superknowledgeable and can handle english as well try for yourself by sending personal message through their sinetfttx chiangmai facebook. I just tried and love it. On another note I got their new load balance package with 2lines going the same time with different international gateways. It is supergreat for someone who needs stability like myself I just can't afford to have no internet I would go nuts it is a little more expensive though

post-232164-0-82360600-1466816767_thumb.

• 3 months later...

Totally acceptable speeds but only works reliably 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time you are SOL. If your peak usage time (like for me, who is at the office all day) is between 10pm and midnight, you are totally screwed. If you want to watch some USA Netflix in this time you have about a 20% chance of it not working at all.

If you work online and your Internet really matters for you I recommend you look for better alternatives. Sinet is consistently unreliable and cannot be counted on for business. It WILL drop out randomly enough to cause you serious swearing and aggravation.

At least once per hour for anywhere between 5 seconds to up to 10 minutes there will be 100% packet loss and time outs.

Over the last year I can say i’ve called their support line about 20 times. To their credit they put on a great show of trying to solve my problem. They are courteous and even call back! They’ve attempted to reroute my overseas connection for my shows, and they’ve sent engineers to test the line.

It usually goes like this: Engineers come and test my line, run a speed test (to Bangkok of course), say its working perfectly then leave. An hour or two later all my connections to the USA drop out completely. Or just my entire connection to everywhere including Thailand. 

Throughout the day all my business apps and tools such as Slack drop offline and time out. Then after a few minutes its back to working again. Or not. 

I even upgraded to the slower, more expensive business plan to get less shaping and get priority routing overseas but I’m still plagued with problems.

Throwing money at them doesn’t work, calling them constantly doesn’t work.

Internet is a Utility, like electricity. I should be able to count on it. It shouldn't randomly turn off the lights for a few minutes randomly every hour of every day and reset all my appliances.

I've attached a speedtest of my route to New York tonight which is why I can’t watch HBO this evening. I'm sure an hour later it will be back up over 10mbit/5mbit again but that doesn't help me now does it?

5741878212.jpg

6 hours ago, pentae said:

If you work online and your Internet really matters for you I recommend you look for better alternatives.

I've attached a speedtest of my route to New York tonight which is why I can’t watch HBO this evening.

Work online usually requires very little bandwidth, but watching high-definition videos across continents is what brings the internet on its knees. Don't blame the ISP; you have youtube, netflix, instagram, itunes, skype video and friends to thank.

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Work online usually requires very little bandwidth, but watching high-definition videos across continents is what brings the internet on its knees. Don't blame the ISP; you have youtube, netflix, instagram, itunes, skype video and friends to thank.

What an incredibly ignorant thing to say. First off perhaps you should read my post - the Sinet connection isnt stable. Almost hourly the entire connection is toast for a period of time. Take a look at wisemonkeys post from last year, he had the same problem and lost money on a trade because it was constantly going down. This is what I am reporting also. This has nothing to do with how we are using the service.

Second, how we use the service shouldnt matter. 30mbit is 30mbit. Your average streaming video requires 5. On top of that I am paying 3500 baht per month for business grade.

Saying its because too many people are watching videos and using skype is like saying its our fault the electric grid goes down hourly because too many people are running their air conditioner and their electric cooktop. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 11:34 AM, pentae said:

What an incredibly ignorant thing to say. First off perhaps you should read my post - the Sinet connection isnt stable. Almost hourly the entire connection is toast for a period of time. Take a look at wisemonkeys post from last year, he had the same problem and lost money on a trade because it was constantly going down. This is what I am reporting also. This has nothing to do with how we are using the service.

Second, how we use the service shouldnt matter. 30mbit is 30mbit. Your average streaming video requires 5. On top of that I am paying 3500 baht per month for business grade.

Saying its because too many people are watching videos and using skype is like saying its our fault the electric grid goes down hourly because too many people are running their air conditioner and their electric cooktop. 

I would bet my money it was through a coax cable in your building. My building use Lan cable whic I find is more stable I lived in siriruk before which owner only forced ISP to use coax tv cable would not allow them to get fiber or lan to room which was reliant to outside power source I reported the issue the team came in to install additional power surge/power supply in santitum zone to resolve the issue. Power would go down in our zone for hours/mins at a time

On 10/25/2016 at 11:34 AM, pentae said:

I would bet my money it was through a coax cable in your building. My building use Lan cable whic I find is more stable I lived in siriruk before which owner only forced ISP to use coax tv cable would not allow them to get fiber or lan to room which was reliant to outside power source I reported the issue the team came in to install additional power surge/power supply in santitum zone to resolve the issue. Power would go down in our zone for hours/mins at a time

• 4 months later...

I am going to cancel my internet servicer (True) and am looking at either 3BB or Sinet. My principle usage is streaming video from the US.  I am asking for anyone to chime in with their current experiences with Sinet (or 3BB).

Thanks.

I had CAT Fiber Optic, good but over the 23 months I had it, it slowed so I changed to Sinet.

100 by 30. Even during installation we never made 100 download but high 90's was acceptable and strangely the upload has always been over the 30 promised.

I was more than happy with these results, B1284.

However Sinet has gone off line about 4 or 5 times.

On a couple of these they sent warning by phone saying problem in Bangkok, on the others nothing.

I had AIS fibre recommended by a mate who also had CAT and when his installation was removed, Their  'Engineer' told him AIS was best and he had had it installed.

I tried AIS at the new place next to Eat on Earth and was told No can install above floor 3, I live on 8th floor.

Still on Sinet and it's gone off memory says once more.

Todays result below.

john

thumb_P1010004_1024.jpg

11 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

I had CAT Fiber Optic, good but over the 23 months I had it, it slowed so I changed to Sinet.

100 by 30. Even during installation we never made 100 download but high 90's was acceptable and strangely the upload has always been over the 30 promised.

I was more than happy with these results, B1284.

However Sinet has gone off line about 4 or 5 times.

On a couple of these they sent warning by phone saying problem in Bangkok, on the others nothing.

I had AIS fibre recommended by a mate who also had CAT and when his installation was removed, Their  'Engineer' told him AIS was best and he had had it installed.

I tried AIS at the new place next to Eat on Earth and was told No can install above floor 3, I live on 8th floor.

Still on Sinet and it's gone off memory says once more.

Todays result below.

john

thumb_P1010004_1024.jpg

I live in a house in a moon...don't know if AIS even provides service here..thanks for the time and your info....

• 2 weeks later...

Sinet have terrible bandwidth from Europe right now. 

I have 50/20 fiber. Live in Chiang Mai. 

Int the evenings I have less then 2 Mbts down from a server in Stockholm. 

IMG_7849.thumb.PNG.f668243225aaa4d4d2fa7885a5ac9450.PNG

I trying to get an explanation from them...

Archived