British and Italian victims of 1 Million Baht drugging and theft at Pattaya Hotel

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I smell an insurance scam! 1 million baht no way , maybe 10,000 baht.

Ladies bought men drinks !! DING DING!! something wrong .

Hotels have safes , security boxes, no i will leave all my expensive gear for somedody to steal !!BULL...T!!

A warning about hotel safes : they are NOT all 'safe'. Remember the case reported here of the Australian who for some reason came to LOS and put his life savings in a hotel safe ? Overnight guess what...there was a break-in (for want of a better phrase) and the cash was liberated. The best advice is not to recommend hotel security at all, but to simply NOT carry large sums or high-value items.

Assume the guy was journo...... he naturally would have his cameras, varied lenses for use as needed. throw in a good laptop, and some personal items ring , watch etc. and the pile adds up

It was written that they arrived in Thailand the day before , on the 6th. I don't think anywhere in these pages was it indicated that it was a million or 600 thou in cash solely. This comes from some of the TV creative writer students or journo couldn't make its.

If indeed, a sizable amount of cash was brought in, legally it would have to be declared at incoming. Or perhaps it was wired to them for special use once they were here, if on a project. In any event there would be a record of it.

Sad to say this but there are a lot of TV posters on this forum that have more air than substance. ...... maybe lonely individuals trying to find their few minutes of fame , through a mr. macho post. give it a rest already..... First Read ! Then Comprehend ! The local journos make enough errors and mistakes to sometimes make a write up non understandable. Don't partially read something and put onesself interpretation on it and put out your post for others to add to your errors.

Read, Comprehend, then try and make a factual post so rumors don't get magnified.

Just a suggestion guys....... think before trying to hurriedly run up your post count ... Get a life and be a part of life.

JOMHO

This tells you that many tourists are still very naive when it comes to Pattaya...coffee1.gif

Lucky to be alive?

Pattaya is a bad place,(if you want it to be)thats why we go there,some to live,others for a visit, it has everything one desires, i personally stay right on the beach at Jomtien and drive in at night, you need your wits about you though,temptation is everywhere and we are but weak men, the lions are out on the prowl every night.waiting for a wounded animal, easy target,they are trained in this stuff, they can spot newbies from expats a mile away, say what you like about it,but if you want a good night,you can have one,if you want a good meal, you can have one, you wanna keep low and cool, you can do that too, many judge it from seeing the core of the apple as rotten, maybe it is, but its a big apple and you can take many bites.

Hotels have safes , security boxes, no i will leave all my expensive gear for somedody to steal !!BULL...T!!

A warning about hotel safes : they are NOT all 'safe'. Remember the case reported here of the Australian who for some reason came to LOS and put his life savings in a hotel safe ? Overnight guess what...there was a break-in (for want of a better phrase) and the cash was liberated. The best advice is not to recommend hotel security at all, but to simply NOT carry large sums or high-value items.

Assume the guy was journo...... he naturally would have his cameras, varied lenses for use as needed. throw in a good laptop, and some personal items ring , watch etc. and the pile adds up

It was written that they arrived in Thailand the day before , on the 6th. I don't think anywhere in these pages was it indicated that it was a million or 600 thou in cash solely. This comes from some of the TV creative writer students or journo couldn't make its.

If indeed, a sizable amount of cash was brought in, legally it would have to be declared at incoming. Or perhaps it was wired to them for special use once they were here, if on a project. In any event there would be a record of it.

Sad to say this but there are a lot of TV posters on this forum that have more air than substance. ...... maybe lonely individuals trying to find their few minutes of fame , through a mr. macho post. give it a rest already..... First Read ! Then Comprehend ! The local journos make enough errors and mistakes to sometimes make a write up non understandable. Don't partially read something and put onesself interpretation on it and put out your post for others to add to your errors.

Read, Comprehend, then try and make a factual post so rumors don't get magnified.

Just a suggestion guys....... think before trying to hurriedly run up your post count ... Get a life and be a part of life.

JOMHO

Just to inject a l'ill 'factualisation' to your lofty post...as even in the event had it been the full 1M THB worth of foreign currency in cash on arrival, two people could have marched it through customs into the Kingdom with n'ery a worry - as the personal threshold for needing to declare is $20K USD (equivalent) per person.

So legally it wouldn't have to be declared at all

Wow................talk about judgmental...... IF....... the Pattaya police arrest 2 free lancers, I wonder how many people will come back on and say-----well I did get that wrong---yes it seems quite naive what has allegedly happened, but I can remember coming to Thailand some 25 years ago from the west---not seeing it before & yes it did have a mind blowing affect...& yes looking back I did some quite stupid things'

Luckily there was no webb boards around for all & sundry to help nail me to the cross for it.

Journalist Scammed!

2191.jpg

Two Italian friends were scammed by two Thai girls, their belongings worth 600,000 baht were stolen after they were drugged using sleeping pills.

PATTAYA – September 9, 2013 [PDN]; at 1 AM the police received a report from two Italian friends that they have been scammed by two Thai girls. 600,000 baht worth of things were stolen from their rooms. This incident has happened since the7th of September. The police are now investigating the case.

MR.SALVTORE MANCUSO,61 years old who works as a journalist for Nuj national union of journalists along with the his friend MR.DOLECE SRALDO 63 years old Italian citizens, claims that they arrived at their holiday to Pattaya on 6thSeptember. They were staying at Archon Residence Soi Bua Khao , Central Pattaya. The journalists were staying in room 307 as for his friend in room 302.

After lodging the two friends went to Central Pattaya Beach to have a meal, just before leaving the restaurant , two Thai girls walked to them and asked them if they wanted to use their service. The two friends along with the two girls then went to their rooms.

MR.SALVTORE MANCUSO claimed that he had a fruit drink as for his friend had a spy wine cooler, after about 5 min they started feeling dizzy. The next thing they knew was that they woke up on 7th September at 7 PM. They believe that the Thai girls had mixed sleeping pills with their drink.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/09/journalist-scammed/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-09-09

So what became of the 51 yr old British guy?

Pattaya Daily News: They were staying at Archon Residence Soi Bua Khao , Central Pattaya.

Pattaya One: The men arrived at the Icon Place Hotel on the Central Pattaya Road and inside their rooms consumed the drinks and fell asleep.

Pattaya Daily News: After investigating the journalist’s room it was found that his belongings were scattered, Nikon 3D camera, two zoom lens, £4000-£5000, one wrist watch were all missing. As for the friends room 170 Euro cash, and $1000, wristwatch worth more than 100,000 baht a total worth of 600,000 baht were missing.

Pattaya One: ...items of value totaling around 1 Million Baht had been taken.

Pattaya Daily News: Two Italian friends were scammed...

Pattaya One: Two men, one British and the other Italian...

Pattaya Daily News: MR.SALVTORE MANCUSO,61 MR.DOLECE SRALDO 63

Pattaya One: Mr. Mancuso Salvatore aged 61 and his Italian friend Mr. Dolcege Svalno aged 51

It's easy to be journalist in Thailand.

Epic!

Well I know of one western couple, visit Pattaya every year, have been scolded by local friends and hotel management, and police, for leaving very large sums of cash out in the open for visitors, maids etc., to see. And it's all left out in full view while they go sightseeing for the day, etc.

They also leave out in full view wallets, passports, jewelry (including bags of jewelry bought from big local gem shops which they take home and sell to fund their trips to Pattaya).

Their response to scolding "you should trust people".

Yes they have been robbed several times, but they continue to leave to leave it all out in full view.

Well they're bloody fools. Yep just bloody fools. Never should these temptations be put in front of poor working class Thais.

There's every chance they'd be robbed in the West too when displaying such stupidity.

Well they're bloody fools. Yep just bloody fools. Never should these temptations be put in front of poor working class Thais.

There's every chance they'd be robbed in the West too when displaying such stupidity.

Bit like those hussies who go out in short skirts I guess - just asking to be sexually molested. thumbsup.gif

Bit like those hussies who go out in short skirts I guess - just asking to be sexually molested. thumbsup.gif

"Well I know of one western couple, visit Pattaya every year, have been scolded by local friends and hotel management, and police, for leaving very large sums of cash out in the open for visitors, maids etc., to see. And it's all left out in full view while they go sightseeing for the day, etc.

They also leave out in full view wallets, passports, jewelry (including bags of jewelry bought from big local gem shops which they take home and sell to fund their trips to Pattaya).

Yes they have been robbed several times, but they continue to leave to leave it all out in full view.

There's every chance they'd be robbed in the West too when displaying such stupidity".

Sorry can't see any relevance to your post. Mine was about the people being stupid to leave money & valuables on show in their hotel room. Bound to be robbed. Yours was about prostitutes wearing short skirts????????????

Have I missed something in your post?

Edited by johnnycthedog

"Well I know of one western couple, visit Pattaya every year, have been scolded by local friends and hotel management, and police, for leaving very large sums of cash out in the open for visitors, maids etc., to see. And it's all left out in full view while they go sightseeing for the day, etc.

There's every chance they'd be robbed in the West too when displaying such stupidity".

Sorry can't see any relevance to your post. Mine was about the people being stupid to leave money & valuables on show in their hotel room. Bound to be robbed. Yours was about prostitutes wearing short skirts????????????

Yes. Blaming the victim.

But you did manage to add something - nowhere in my post did I use the word "prostitutes".

Edited by jackspratt

Yes. Blaming the victim.

But you did manage to add something - nowhere in my post did I use the word "prostitutes".

I stand corrected Jackspratt - you did not mention the word prostitute and I understand the point you are making.

However the thrust of my comment related to tourists who ask to be "victims". For example those who leave money and jewellery out in the open spaces of their hotel room. Those that go swimming in Phuket during the rainy season and ignore the red flags. Those that sit on a Pattaya beach at 4:30am in a drunken state. Those that drive motorbikes at high speed when drunk wearing shorts, tshirt and tongs etc etc. These people are just asking to become victims. OK bad things shouldn't happen to them but they do. Yes sir I blame the victim.

There are so many victims of crime that in spite of taking all reasonable & sensible precautions are just unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or have valuables stolen from their room or their credit card skimmed etc etc. I do not blame these victims.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see...

2x Laptops $3000

2x Phones $1000

2x DSLR Cameras $2500

Gold Jewlery $1500...

Sounds like your baking figures so can cash in on insurance.

I't is very easy to accuse someone of insurance scam. Truth is, insurance policies that covers your beloging in a similar case, are very hard to find, and if there are, they very expensive, and will request full documentation to pay off. I'm insured against accidents and sickness, but there is NO coverage for theft/robbery. One can check himself and post links if any can be found..